World of Warcraft: Current Year

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Those artifacts remind me of the EQ epic weapons, good feels. Hopefully Rogues won't have Kithicor'esque bullshit to deal with though!
tongue.png

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
OH FOR THE LOVE OF FUCK

MORE FORCED ALLIANCE VS HORDE BULLSHIT

THEY'RE AT EACH OTHERS THROATS NOW GUYS!

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I love how this is at a German game convention yet they relegate the german content to text on the side monitors. The Class Order thing is a natural progression of the status of the player character as a hero so I'm okay with this.

Carl_sl

shitlord
well they've clearly gathered up all the things they need to say, like not having followers doing the quests instead of you

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah they're announcing a surprising amount for this just being at Gamescom. I do in fact think that Blizzard knows they have to show a lot off, but I think this expansion has been being worked on since WoD launch clearly. Hopefully it shows.

I like the focus on classes they're talking about. I'm sure they will still be homogenized as fuck, but it's great that it shows me they want to make being a class a different experience than being another.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well it sounds like these are more meaningful followers... so you have Leeroy Jenkins and Millhouse Manastorm but generic-schlub05 is gone.

Hedeon

Molten Core Raider
So, we are running around and leading our classes now and wielding these legendary weapons, what happened to the other owners? Did they just confirm the deaths of Thrall and Tirion in the opening? I'm down with killing off Thrall!

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Knowing now that the last two expansions have only kept my attention for 3 and 2 months respectively, I'm probably not going to get into this right away if at all. Maybe if I'm bored at some point.

spronk

FPS noob
is it just me or does nobody in the audience seem to give a shit about any of this

or is that a german thing

wait never mind they all just clapped politely for double jump

Cathex_sl

shitlord
This really is a WoW greatest hits. Could be worse. I guess I'm just coming to terms with 11 years of WoW and the inability to stomach another serving in any form really. Underneath the fluff it's still the same paradigm, not that I should expect any deviation.