World of Warcraft: Current Year

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'd play WotLK server to roll another fire mage with a 310 mount and punish anyone who flies too high in wintergrasp.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Nah not private server. A blizzard sponsored and run vanilla server. They should also do one for BC and one for WoTLK as well. Patch each of them up through the end content, have people go through the raids and gear up like you should.

I miss the fucking prestige, man. If you were in a top guild on your server or a PvP rapist you had notoriety in the community, good or bad, and that was SOMETHING. Standing around in IF/Org with Thunderfury, rocking that full wrath. Dreadnaught suit with corrupted ashbringer, etc etc.

And if you weren't one of those people, you saw them and it made you want to be that good, kill that shit, get that gear.

Everything is just so cookie cutter now it's painful.

I was leveling my rogue this weekend and did a TW dungeon. Turned to talk to my wife and walked right into a pack of mobs, no big deal, apologized. Well the tank in full Tanaan gear decided that his mouth was bigger than his ilvl and attempted to chew me and the hunter out for being "terribles". I can't remember his name but at the time I hit him on wowprogress and that was his best character, all LFR kills, nothing else.

And I wanted so bad to be like "Who the fuck do you think you're talking to you little fucking cunt?!" but I couldn't...because I am just another random faggot on the internet and nobody gives a shit. I'm not a main tank of one of the higher mythic guilds on my server just playing my alt, I am a faceless shape in an ocean of sadness.
Yeah, but who knows what that guy was doing in Vanilla... All my kills are LFR or flex (normal? whatever), and I was doing bleeding edge raiding in vanilla. I couldn't give a shit now, but if someone is terrible I'd call them out (despite my shitty gear) for fucking up. On the other hand if you said "Sorry, wife was distracting me" I'd be envious that you got married.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Nah not private server. A blizzard sponsored and run vanilla server. They should also do one for BC and one for WoTLK as well. Patch each of them up through the end content, have people go through the raids and gear up like you should.

I miss the fucking prestige, man. If you were in a top guild on your server or a PvP rapist you had notoriety in the community, good or bad, and that was SOMETHING. Standing around in IF/Org with Thunderfury, rocking that full wrath. Dreadnaught suit with corrupted ashbringer, etc etc.

And if you weren't one of those people, you saw them and it made you want to be that good, kill that shit, get that gear.

Everything is just so cookie cutter now it's painful.

I was leveling my rogue this weekend and did a TW dungeon. Turned to talk to my wife and walked right into a pack of mobs, no big deal, apologized. Well the tank in full Tanaan gear decided that his mouth was bigger than his ilvl and attempted to chew me and the hunter out for being "terribles". I can't remember his name but at the time I hit him on wowprogress and that was his best character, all LFR kills, nothing else.

And I wanted so bad to be like "Who the fuck do you think you're talking to you little fucking cunt?!" but I couldn't...because I am just another random faggot on the internet and nobody gives a shit. I'm not a main tank of one of the higher mythic guilds on my server just playing my alt, I am a faceless shape in an ocean of sadness.
Wildstar is going F2P soon!

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, but who knows what that guy was doing in Vanilla... All my kills are LFR or flex (normal? whatever), and I was doing bleeding edge raiding in vanilla. I couldn't give a shit now, but if someone is terrible I'd call them out (despite my shitty gear) for fucking up. On the other hand if you said "Sorry, wife was distracting me" I'd be envious that you got married.
The dude was bitching more about the hunter who was doing average damage. I guess this dude forgot that in TW dungeons you're scaled down and your dps sucks dick. I just thought it was hilarious that this guy was acting like he was top shit...it's dungeon finder man, and this is timewalking...none of us are here because it's even remotely difficult. I could understand him being upset if this were a mythic group he had organized through the custom group tool, but god damn.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
He got you very rustled it seems.
I just remember a time when MMO's had at least some small sense of community, and now there's nothing. Nothing at all..

As someone who's been playing the game since closed beta, I make it a point to give tips to people who are clearly new or not good at playing their class without sounding like a fucking jackass. Even if it's pointing someone in the direction of icy-veins (I know) it's at least an attempt to show these people roughly what abilities they should be using and when.

/trembling jimmies

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I remember that community. It had the same amount of assholes as it does now. Now at least I don't have a fuckton of downtime between pulls to read how someone is doing laundry or how they are stoned or any other boring ass story. Find a guild with people you like and want to do stuff with and you will have all the community you will ever need.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I just remember a time when MMO's had at least some small sense of community, and now there's nothing. Nothing at all..

As someone who's been playing the game since closed beta, I make it a point to give tips to people who are clearly new or not good at playing their class without sounding like a fucking jackass. Even if it's pointing someone in the direction of icy-veins (I know) it's at least an attempt to show these people roughly what abilities they should be using and when.

/trembling jimmies
I've got my community right in my Garrison.

Everyone knows my name!

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It will be on the shop, dont you worry.
It's the next logical step of the whole e-sports/pop culture reference evolution: they can offer a lightsaber one, a LotR one, pretty sure you can get a free Monster Energy Sword by buying 6 cans at your 711, etc.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Apparently I don't read patch notes or blizzard didn't mention it, but the Satchel you now get for doing a dungeon while your role is needed was super buffed.

I got 500g, 3 baleful items, 3 runes, and also one of those items to upgrade a baleful item (I assume that one is rare). That was the easiest money of my life.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Apparently I don't read patch notes or blizzard didn't mention it, but the Satchel you now get for doing a dungeon while your role is needed was super buffed.

I got 500g, 3 baleful items, 3 runes, and also one of those items to upgrade a baleful item (I assume that one is rare). That was the easiest money of my life.
Just for a dungeon?

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah. The call to arms/bonus thing, when they need more tanks/healers and you queue as one.

edit: found it

Loot Buff for Call to Arms
Savage Satchel of Cooperation, awarded for completing a class role that's in demand through Dungeon Finder or Raid Finder received a boost to its contents.
Increased the amount of gold awarded by over 200%!
The satchel now has a chance for additional Baleful tokens, Empowered Apexis Fragment, and Medallion of the Legion.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I've got my community right in my Garrison.

Everyone knows my name!
And they always want to know when they're going to fight.

Except that goblin girl. She always ask if you can skip the job and go straight to getting paid.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Hmm flying go in tomorrow or just long downtime bc they can?
If they're putting in the 6.2.1 patch, then they completely messed up their communication, since they could have simply said "oh, btw, the 6.2.1 is probably this week, or maybe next" instead of letting us think it was shelved in favor of a 6.2.2.

So I think not. Alas.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Such a sad site, just shows Ascent's decline - Everything went to shit in BWL and F AQ.

40man raiding was such a love/hate thing.