World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
Are we finally gonna get that Hello Kitty Online: Island Adventure xpac?

A7lEzYd.jpg

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yes but only from the cash shop, oh yeah boys Bobby Kotick's dick is hard just thinking about people buying weapon skins from the cash shop.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Well they are charging $10 for portrait skins in Hearthstone, no reason why they wouldn't release 'sick artifact skins bro'.

DavivMcD

Peasant
For me, the main problem is if my specs don't have a staff. Because I'm not going to be able to transmog my standard staff appearance if I'm forced to use a mace or a dagger... My current thinking is that shadow will probably have a dagger (+offhand), holy a staff and disc a mace (+book), but the latter might be swapped...
Who knows, they might have sense enough to broaden transmog options a bit. Considering the theory is all artifacts, even dual-wielded ones, will be a single item slot, it shouldn't be too hard to transmog it to any equippable MH or 2H. They have loosened up restrictions in the past regarding weapon types and MH vs OH or both, etc.

xzi

Mouthbreather
One thing I honestly do worry about is them charging for unique skins on the cash shop. They do it with mounts, which I fucking HATE because there's some pretty crazy achievements in the game already that offer you a mount, do they give any unique and cool models to them? Fucking no they don't.The achievement for 250 mountsis just a 3rd reskin of a mount that already exists. There's like 9 boars this expansion, a dickload of wolves.. it's just gross.

Of course I don't have to buy them at all, but they really seem to be going the way of "Hey this looks neat, they'll probably like it. Charge them 25$ because fuck them, give them another boar"

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Wow, suddenly I just don't have the patience for mythic reps. I mean, I've played basically non stop for over a year, so it shouldn't be a surprise. The fights are cool tho.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I'm hitting this wall too.
I saved you guys seats on the bench.

I was fun while it lasted though. I really enjoyed the beginning of the expack and foundry. I way over did highmaul but I got more than my month of entertainment from it that I had expected.

I gave up on mythic after foundry. I'm completely content with just doing normal and then heroic from here on out. Hopefully the next offering makes things fun again. I really enjoy the initial learning experience of leveling in the new dungeons and trying to break into heroics and the opening raid with undergeared toons.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I would just cause I play on an RP server that my friend abandoned me on and my transmog already pisses people off just by existing. I love it.

Rime

<Donor>
20-Man Mythic has really killed guild progression for me. With the shrinking and older player base, it is incredibly difficult to find 20 Solid players who are willing to put in the time and effort to progress as a raiding guild. Let alone the 4-5 more you WANT for a bench/alternates on some specific fights.

I really wish they had made Mythic 10-20 flex or just left it as a 10 and a 20 man version.

10 People is so much more manageable to organize and keep motivated.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'd be surprised if they switched mythic to flex. It's the last bastion of the hardcore in WoW. Pretty much every other system has been made more accessible and had its barrier to entry reduced over the years. Who knows, though? If they did a focus group and learned that they could retain 10% more subs if Mythic was flex, I wouldn't bet against it.

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'd be surprised if they switched mythic to flex. It's the last bastion of the hardcore in WoW. Pretty much every other system has been made more accessible and had its barrier to entry reduced over the years. Who knows, though? If they did a focus group and learned that they could retain 10% more subs if Mythic was flex, I wouldn't bet against it.
You need a fixed size if you're going to tune the encounters at a granular level. The meta game would descend into figuring out optimal raid break points and the effects they'd have on mechanics, throughput checks etc. Such as it is, you can pinpoint what rDPS you need to get through a certain phase or what iLevel you should even be attempting certain bosses (eg. Gruul was hilarious in that regard last tier).

I suppose Blizzard could decide to abandon "progression raiding" as it exists in favor of a more inclusive "top-end" Flex system, which is an interesting idea in and of itself.

With an extra 2 specs in the game, I wouldn't be surprised if they went back up to 25 personally.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Mythic 40, need them nostalgiabucks
40 was fun, and maybe it's just because of the aids that is Molten Core and how boring as dogshit it looks as well as the trash pulls, but holy fuck I'm glad they introduced MC for the 10 year anniversary event. I haven't seen very many posts requesting 40man raids since that happened, lol.

To be fair our guild was clearing MC with 20 by the end of the vanilla for fun on our mains so I guess that was at least fun and in some way flex, but EHHHHH.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't give a shit how many people wouldn't go back, I would start fresh on a vanilla server day 1.
ED, Nost, Chrono, Reborn...uhhh, several others. Most have been fairly decent too. It's really only worth going back once, MC / BWL are dull af and most of them seem to peter out before AQ is in.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I'd be surprised if they switched mythic to flex. It's the last bastion of the hardcore in WoW.
They even dropped the two sizes of old-denomination mythic in favor on a single raid size because that let them tune mythic better.

The only mythic change that might affect retention rates would be nerfing mythic so that heroic hopefuls could get "into mythic" instead of unsubbing because they hit their play ceiling. And I hope this never happens.

What I'd rather see is switching back the difficulty system of normal/heroic from a per-raid to per-boss. The whole quest for killing end wing boss 4 times to let you skip them is stupid.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
ED, Nost, Chrono, Reborn...uhhh, several others. Most have been fairly decent too. It's really only worth going back once, MC / BWL are dull af and most of them seem to peter out before AQ is in.
Nah not private server. A blizzard sponsored and run vanilla server. They should also do one for BC and one for WoTLK as well. Patch each of them up through the end content, have people go through the raids and gear up like you should.

I miss the fucking prestige, man. If you were in a top guild on your server or a PvP rapist you had notoriety in the community, good or bad, and that was SOMETHING. Standing around in IF/Org with Thunderfury, rocking that full wrath. Dreadnaught suit with corrupted ashbringer, etc etc.

And if you weren't one of those people, you saw them and it made you want to be that good, kill that shit, get that gear.

Everything is just so cookie cutter now it's painful.

I was leveling my rogue this weekend and did a TW dungeon. Turned to talk to my wife and walked right into a pack of mobs, no big deal, apologized. Well the tank in full Tanaan gear decided that his mouth was bigger than his ilvl and attempted to chew me and the hunter out for being "terribles". I can't remember his name but at the time I hit him on wowprogress and that was his best character, all LFR kills, nothing else.

And I wanted so bad to be like "Who the fuck do you think you're talking to you little fucking cunt?!" but I couldn't...because I am just another random faggot on the internet and nobody gives a shit. I'm not a main tank of one of the higher mythic guilds on my server just playing my alt, I am a faceless shape in an ocean of sadness.