World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
At 95 I didn't see any in Spires so I don't think so.
Cool, thanks for the heads up.

Edit: I had a 92 warrior, did all but the one bonus objective in the cave in Gorgrond and all of the quest bosses. That was enough to take me from 30%ish into 92 to 70%ish into 96 rofl. I think if I do all the Talador bonus objectives and Spires I'll be 100.

DavivMcD

Peasant
I didn't see any on the Talador map at 96 until I had done a few quests first. They might be unlocked by quest progression, or hell you might just need to get near them to see them on the map.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Can you get bonus objectives for areas you're too low for? Like can a level 91 get the bonus objectives in Nagrand?
Internally, they're quests (and if you have 25 active quests, they don't activate nor update), and almost all of them have your outpost quest for the zone as a prereq.

*edit* as noted just above.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did all the trophy quests, Gorgond bonus, and talador bonus at 95. It took me from 95 to 100 in 8 minutes lol.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I need to do that for my 90's I have sitting around. Flying does feel like cheating now.

I think I will level my last 6 to 100 and then quit again, just wanted to make sure I unlocked flying and played around a bit.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Cool, thanks for the heads up.

Edit: I had a 92 warrior, did all but the one bonus objective in the cave in Gorgrond and all of the quest bosses. That was enough to take me from 30%ish into 92 to 70%ish into 96 rofl. I think if I do all the Talador bonus objectives and Spires I'll be 100.
Me and a friend tried this over the weekend and did not quite get to 100 but its pretty damn fast way to level up if you have a flying mount and some of the garrison xp potions.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Flying has really cut down on my time going from my transmog hut to my town hall. Oh and zipping across my garrison to the flight master to fly to HFC.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I will say that flying has cut down my time for doing this expansion's archeology. I am still trying to farm the super rare bug mount and figured I might as well also try to complete the garrison's archeology room.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Flying has made this expansion's archeology bearable. All those fucking 3-5 level dig sites were cancer before flying got put back in.

DavivMcD

Peasant
It is pretty damn fun zipping through my Tanaan daily in record time while watching all the peasants still on the ground below me.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I am still trying to farm the super rare bug mount and figured I might as well also try to complete the garrison's archeology room.
I was trying to figure out which bug mount was in Draenor when I suddenly twigged on the Tol'vir crate smuggling with that arrakoa. Same thing here, except I'm trying to get the crawling hand (lucky me got the Ultramarine during Cata).

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was trying to figure out which bug mount was in Draenor when I suddenly twigged on the Tol'vir crate smuggling with that arrakoa. Same thing here, except I'm trying to get the crawling hand (lucky me got the Ultramarine during Cata).
Ahh dammit. I forgot I did not have the hand. I want that because of the new toy that lets a player take the shape of their pet.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
During MoP there was a few weeks where the bug archaeology item rotated all of your digsites upon transferring realms (which, for most people, meant any time you entered Uldum from a surrounding zone). That was basically like cheating because you could get as many Tol'vir digsites as you wanted. That's when I got my hand pet and the bug mount.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Just favorite some mounts and use the favorite mount button. it auto selects based on what can be used.
Yea, but favorite is account-wide, right? I pick mounts based on race/class of the character (plus, you get the oddities like flight form and plainsrun... sorry, running wild).

Can't win all.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
During MoP there was a few weeks where the bug archaeology item rotated all of your digsites upon transferring realms (which, for most people, meant any time you entered Uldum from a surrounding zone). That was basically like cheating because you could get as many Tol'vir digsites as you wanted. That's when I got my hand pet and the bug mount.
I was probably unsub and away from WoW at that time... dammit!

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I didn't see any on the Talador map at 96 until I had done a few quests first. They might be unlocked by quest progression, or hell you might just need to get near them to see them on the map.
Sort of a combo. Some unlock once you do the initial couple of quests to pick an outpost building. That building choice determins which of a couple bonus areas you get. Basically the areas you don't need to do for your outpost become bonus quest areas for you.

Others are simply fly close enough to them to get them to appear on map. Some show up at long range some you have to get pretty close to but its mostly just a matter of flying about and unlocking them.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yea, but favorite is account-wide, right? I pick mounts based on race/class of the character (plus, you get the oddities like flight form and plainsrun... sorry, running wild).

Can't win all.
It is account based but I believe you can still pick most specific mounts as favorites as well which only get used on characters who can use them others just skip that when their turn comes up in favorites. I have this with a few mounts that require a certain rep to use and if character who could not use them like the horde bike on alliance it just skips past it when you click favorites.