World of Warcraft: Current Year

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
So that Garrison mission for the tentacle heirloom still pops right? That's pretty much the main reason I've been logging in lately. Keep getting the retraining token for the rare 675 mission ...

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So that Garrison mission for the tentacle heirloom still pops right? That's pretty much the main reason I've been logging in lately. Keep getting the retraining token for the rare 675 mission ...
It does. You could probably buy it for under 1k in trade chat. People usually just delete them since they dont want to bother.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also as for the dungeons in dreanor you have to look at the LFR. It clearly this expansion was what they were expecting those who were not raiders to do end game. Dungeons were pretty much only to feed people gear to get them ready for lFR. Its about the only thing that makes the lack of items or replability of the draenor dungeons make any sense at all. They have expanded the LFR content which while nice for the casuals I am not really positive really fills the slot people liked in dungeons.

velk

Trakanon Raider
To be fair, that "dungeons" GIF above is misleading and mostly bullshit.

Yes, there were more dungeons during Burning Crusade than in some recent expansions, but the basic temple for Burning Crusade dungeons was "create an environment and then split it into 3 dungeons.. Coilfang Reservoir gave us Underbog, Steamvaults and Slave Pens which are incredibly similar, same with Mechanar, Botanica and Arcatraz, and the biggest culprits were Auchindoun (4 dungeons, including one with TWO bosses) and Hellfire Citadel...

Basically, in Vanilla, those dungeons above would have qualified as one dungeon.. and in BC, they would have split Blackrock Depths into 3 or 4 dungeons.. it's easy to make a lot of dungeons that way I guess..
So hang on - what are you arguing here ? That they have less 5 man content with each expansion ? You know that's what the gif is saying right ? Or were you getting around to suggesting that the Draenor dungeons are actually the equivalent of blackrock depths and should count as at least 4 dungeons so they are actually doing more with each expansion ?

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Also as for the dungeons in dreanor you have to look at the LFR. It clearly this expansion was what they were expecting those who were not raiders to do end game. Dungeons were pretty much only to feed people gear to get them ready for lFR. Its about the only thing that makes the lack of items or replability of the draenor dungeons make any sense at all. They have expanded the LFR content which while nice for the casuals I am not really positive really fills the slot people liked in dungeons.
The problem with that was the LFR gear was crap and Normal was too big a step up for casual pugging, so it all fell apart.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Not sure why they went and made the LFR gear so shitty this time. It worked just fine the way it was in MoP, you know, with actual casual upgrades that didn't threaten the e-peens of normal+ raiders. Tanaan gear should have been 685 and Hellfire LFR 695 so there would be a reason to run it besides legendary quest drops. On the other hand I finished my ring last week and am kind of glad I don't have to go back there again.

Rime

<Donor>
Other than a desire to complete the Legendary Quest, there is absolutely no reason to do LFR.

-No Archimonde trinkets.
-Shitty Tier.
-Ten item levels less than baleful gear.
-No Ring Upgrades.

Why bother, even if you are the most casual of casuals.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
There's something to be said for experiencing the content, but running LFR more than once probably wouldn't be something I would do if were that casual. I don't run LFR on my alts; I just acquire baleful gear.

The last couple weeks have been pretty good to me. I've gotten Invincible, Pureblood Firehawk, and today I got the Astral Cloud Serpent.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
The last couple weeks have been pretty good to me. I've gotten Invincible, Pureblood Firehawk, and today I got the Astral Cloud Serpent.
Yup. Unless you're in a very active guild and pushing some content (be it Mythic or even Heroic), it's basically "complete achieves and fill collections" time.

I still haven't finished the full archeology base. Because, for some reason, any Pristine artefact counts as "you've solved that artefact", but does not count in the achieve. So I'm hoping that, one day, the Arrakoa gods will grant me the chance of a Solar Orb. The collection of Pristine fills up slowly, but base? No way.

Such is the will of Random, let its fickleness be known.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Yup. Unless you're in a very active guild and pushing some content (be it Mythic or even Heroic), it's basically "complete achieves and fill collections" time.

I still haven't finished the full archeology base. Because, for some reason, any Pristine artefact counts as "you've solved that artefact", but does not count in the achieve. So I'm hoping that, one day, the Arrakoa gods will grant me the chance of a Solar Orb. The collection of Pristine fills up slowly, but base? No way.

Such is the will of Random, let its fickleness be known.
I did 3-9 dig sites every day for a year straight to finish this. The last pristine one was really depressing.

But it's still way better than fishing lunkers for the mount...

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Other than a desire to complete the Legendary Quest, there is absolutely no reason to do LFR.

-No Archimonde trinkets.
-Shitty Tier.
-Ten item levels less than baleful gear.
-No Ring Upgrades.

Why bother, even if you are the most casual of casuals.
Correct. I am the most casual of casuals, and I don't bother. I haven't even seen HFC.
I think I did Highmaul twice or so.

All I do is login and queue work orders, collect and repost AH, and count my money.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The problem with that was the LFR gear was crap and Normal was too big a step up for casual pugging, so it all fell apart.
Yup and the dungeon gear was even more crap. So basically non real raiders had nothing much to do or look forward to other than bashing old raid content for things that actually look half decent. I really hope they go back to the pandaria style just have them flagged so an LFR set piece bonus does not stack with normal raiding set bonuses and that should fix some of the raiders feeling compelled into doing lfr. WOD had some interesting ideas but a lot of them tended to short circuit themsleves. Still I did like the fact with LFR in pandaria and wod that I got to see all of the content the expansion had to offer story wise. I don't think I ever would have had the patience to PUG normal raid archimode its painful enough on LFR with the you suck buff.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'd be surprised if there was any more reveals prior to Blizzcon since it's only about a month and a half away at this point.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
So hang on - what are you arguing here ? That they have less 5 man content with each expansion ? You know that's what the gif is saying right ? Or were you getting around to suggesting that the Draenor dungeons are actually the equivalent of blackrock depths and should count as at least 4 dungeons so they are actually doing more with each expansion ?
I'm arguing that yes, there are "technically" less dungeons in WoD than in BC or WotLK, but only because the dungeon number was unfairly inflated in BC (4 dungeons where it would have been considered one in Vanilla) and that WoD's shorter lifespan also explains its smaller number of dungeons (WotLK added dungeons in 3.3 and Cata in 4.1 and 4.3).. My second point is that people do not want to do huge dungeons anymore (like in Vanilla) because they do not fit in with the casual style of gameplay that most MMOs have moved on to.

TL,DR : there are enough dungeons in WoD, the problem was in the lack of rewards to keep players running them.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
They definitely failed to incentivize people to run dungeons in WoD. Hopefully they figure their shit out for Legion.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm arguing that yes, there are "technically" less dungeons in WoD than in BC or WotLK, but only because the dungeon number was unfairly inflated in BC (4 dungeons where it would have been considered one in Vanilla) and that WoD's shorter lifespan also explains its smaller number of dungeons (WotLK added dungeons in 3.3 and Cata in 4.1 and 4.3).. My second point is that people do not want to do huge dungeons anymore (like in Vanilla) because they do not fit in with the casual style of gameplay that most MMOs have moved on to.

TL,DR : there are enough dungeons in WoD, the problem was in the lack of rewards to keep players running them.
I would agree there was a good amount of dungeons in WOD and they actually are pretty fun as well. The train thing was freaking hard initially one of the harder dungeons I have bumped into in the last few expansions. They just short circuited all the normal reasons you would keep stepping foot in the dungeons after the second week of the expansion. It seems like they are going back and helping things a bit but pretty late to bother.

Bruman

Golden Squire
I love that Blizzard is always trying to improve, trying to make things better, keep things fresh. Without that, their games would be as stale and terrible as most other long-lived MMOs. Their commitment to rewriting and reworking things is a huge part of their success.

However, on some things, I really wish they'd apply "if it's not broke, don't fix it". MoP didn't have this dungeon problem did it? Sometimes their changes are a big step backwards. See also: apexis dailies, crafting changes (IMO).

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
If anyone is looking for a casual mythic guild with pretty mature members we're recruiting again. You'd have to be comfortable with starting on the bench and proving in heroic, but we're really good at rotating people in and out for farm mobs. We're pretty set with a group of 20 for progression right now, but attrition will hit at some point soon I'm sure.

Alliance side, Emerald Dream server (which is an RP PVP server without much RP and an actual decent world community) guild is On Cooldown. Mythic is 8-11 CST Mon-Wed and Heroic alt/farm/new recruit runs are Thursdays.

Slaythe#1431 if you'd like to chat about it.

Sorrows, you done with Mythic for sure? I honestly think you'd like this group of people and we're actually going to kill Gorefiend sometime in the next couple weeks which will be pretty awesome.

Edit: Kreug too. I think your guild fell apart. Are you done?