World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he was calling your suggestion lazy, not saying Blizz should stop trying.

DavivMcD

Peasant
They DID do this! The Coliseum in WoTLK, and look how well that turned out for them? The most hated raid zone of the entire xpac and the one thing that nobody talks about, or even remembers when we talk about how good Wrath was. It's always Ulduar -> ???? -> ICC. Now, think about it for awhile, I mean, really think about it, and then tell me why the player base didn't like it. There's no trash! there's no hallways! there's nothing but boss fight after boss fight and loot chests at the end of it.
I can only speak for myself, but I hated it for much different reasons.

1) Story. We go from literally stopping the Titans from destroying all life on the planet, to "Let's go to the Ren Fair and play shitty games!" Garrosh and Wrynn even got sucked into the bullshit and started quarreling about whose arena team was better, when they BOTH should have said "You guys have fun I'm gonna go fight the Lich King." And I think the only reason they brought back Anub'arak was because players complained he was too important a character to be a 5-man boss.

2) Lack of diversity in setting. Again, we went from Ulduar, one of the most massive and visually impressive dungeons in the game to date, to a single room with a fucking swinging saloon door that lets all the bosses in, plus a VERY conveniently placed cave.

3) Too many difficulties and an overly complicated loot token system.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah I can't think of another one besides the Klaxxi boss either. I guess I just really hated it (I raided with a lot of bad players that tier).
Yeah same here, we had a shaman healer that if she ever got hit with the vehicle it was an automatic wipe.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
HFC was very good but with the state my guild and server were in at the time killing Arch on heroic really did feel like winning the game. I'd had enough and so did they. I'm not bitter at all, I had my fun and I was done. Luckily they just decided to fall apart right around when I was ready to fuck off myself, heh.

And this is on a server that stays in top 10-20 or so on wowprogress. As far PVE East coast, Area 52 swaps with Zul'Jin(?) for #1 or #2. And the turnover was fucking unreal. I've never seen anything like it.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Just a heads up for pet farmers, today is apparently the last day to catch a Qiraji Guardling for a while (its a Summer pet). They're right outside Ahn'Qiraj. Its necessary for the Kalimdor Safari achievement.

kaxfenix

N00b
I have been a tanking class in this game since DKs released. Since MoP I have been playing a BM monk exclusively why leveling up all my other tanking alts..

I maxed leveled my BM when WoD released did a little bit of the first raid tier but my guild fell apart and I kinda took a step back. Wantting to check it out again but my stomach begins to hurt thinking about checking out this xpac as a tank that is basically a fresh lvl 100 with no exp on the current raids..

Any tips on getting back into this game if I wanted to check it out again?

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You can gear up to acceptable levels for normal HFC (the latest raid) pretty easily. Just spend all your time in Tanaan, that will net you 695 gear (5 ilevels higher than what drops off the first wing of HFC normal). Also, if a timewalking event happens, one run will give an item that give you a ton of badges that will net you 675 gear to supplement any weak slots like 2nd ring and 2nd trinket. Once geared, use LFG tool to find some normal HFC raids (there are a ton) to start gaining experience. As for finding a raid that actively needs a tank, no idea. Probably have to join one as a dps or healer and off-tank here and there.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
I can only speak for myself, but I hated it for much different reasons.

1) Story. We go from literally stopping the Titans from destroying all life on the planet, to "Let's go to the Ren Fair and play shitty games!" Garrosh and Wrynn even got sucked into the bullshit and started quarreling about whose arena team was better, when they BOTH should have said "You guys have fun I'm gonna go fight the Lich King." And I think the only reason they brought back Anub'arak was because players complained he was too important a character to be a 5-man boss.

2) Lack of diversity in setting. Again, we went from Ulduar, one of the most massive and visually impressive dungeons in the game to date, to a single room with a fucking swinging saloon door that lets all the bosses in, plus a VERY conveniently placed cave.

3) Too many difficulties and an overly complicated loot token system.
People cry and cry about TOC, but that was one of the best patches warcraft put out iirc. Adding in a way to quickly catch up by grinding dungeons (because it added the dungeon finder) was awesome, especially since WOTLK dungeons were actually fun. TOC's fights were decent enough. Raid trash is fucking boring. Almost every raid would be better with just boss fights, especially now that every other god damn fight is a 20 minute slog and 2 minutes of actual hard content.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I just want to confirm: You are saying on record that you prefer TOC (one room, no trash, only bosses) to Ulduar and ICC (huge dungeons, multiple wings, varying amounts of trash).

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have been a tanking class in this game since DKs released. Since MoP I have been playing a BM monk exclusively why leveling up all my other tanking alts..

I maxed leveled my BM when WoD released did a little bit of the first raid tier but my guild fell apart and I kinda took a step back. Wantting to check it out again but my stomach begins to hurt thinking about checking out this xpac as a tank that is basically a fresh lvl 100 with no exp on the current raids..

Any tips on getting back into this game if I wanted to check it out again?
You're a monk so...you can still pretty much just hit Guard on cd and win.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
The worst thing about Guard is that healers forget they will actually have to heal you while it's not up.
I play a warrior, so I'm used to not getting healed until I am sub 30% anyway. Sure, my damage smoothing is awesome...but 90% of my deaths are slow motion.

Hit, hit, hit, CD ...guys...hit, hit, CD...guys....hit...hit, CD....dead.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
checking out this xpac as a tank that is basically a fresh lvl 100 with no exp on the current raids..
Run LFR. LFR is basically intro with all the punishing mechanic disabled, notably the 2-tanks requirements. All bosses are a bit better with two tanks, but all the mechanics that require swapping and the like are disabled/survivable. After a couple runs, you'll have a better idea on how the raids are structured, and then you can go into normal/heroic modes.

As for gear, people have outlined it. Run Tanaan daily, including killing any named after you've finished the daily, you'll get showered with 650/675 gear that is upgradeable to 695 with filler 655 gear from chests and nameds, and your ilvl will take a massive jump. Don't forget to do your weekly Kazzak fight (the gear is so-so, but it's 705). It's a bit hard the first couple days when you're still in your green/blue quest gear from leveling.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
I just want to confirm: You are saying on record that you prefer TOC (one room, no trash, only bosses) to Ulduar and ICC (huge dungeons, multiple wings, varying amounts of trash).
I prefer it to slogging through WoD trash yes. Shit is awful and a giant waste of everyone's time.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
That Mythic Gorefiend hotfix sure made things easier. We didn't kill it last night, but we're consistently getting through two feasts now. This next week is my guess.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I prefer it to slogging through WoD trash yes. Shit is awful and a giant waste of everyone's time.
I think there is some happy medium to be had. But I much prefer the tournament over something like frigging molten core. I think the best designs are like ice crown where enough wings so you can bang out chunks at a time and if you are having problems with one thing you can aim at something else. Enough trash so that its not just an empty shell but not so much that it feels like you are spending your evening doing nothing but janitorial work.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Why not have raid zones that are bigger with more room or wings and have more mobs with gw2 type events that reward stuff. Then tune it for groups of 2 to 5 people depending on raid size. Then when you zones in you can have teams of people go out and clear stuff on their own or have people coming early to the raid prep it.

Let the trash drop stuff and if you want, you can solo or small group players farm it for shit. Now raids are for everyone, even the mythic stuff.