World of Warcraft: Current Year

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why not have raid zones that are bigger with more room or wings and have more mobs with gw2 type events that reward stuff. Then tune it for groups of 2 to 5 people depending on raid size. Then when you zones in you can have teams of people go out and clear stuff on their own or have people coming early to the raid prep it.

Let the trash drop stuff and if you want, you can solo or small group players farm it for shit. Now raids are for everyone, even the mythic stuff.
How do you tune that? Tuning for less than 5 is pretty hard, borderline impossible. Not to mention, what does the rest of the raid do while they wait for 5 people to do something? Why is splitting my 25 man raid into 5 groups more compelling or interesting? It sounds like a pain in the ass, I rather play with the other 24 people like I intended when I joined the raid.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Why not have raid zones that are bigger with more room or wings and have more mobs with gw2 type events that reward stuff. Then tune it for groups of 2 to 5 people depending on raid size. Then when you zones in you can have teams of people go out and clear stuff on their own or have people coming early to the raid prep it.

Let the trash drop stuff and if you want, you can solo or small group players farm it for shit. Now raids are for everyone, even the mythic stuff.
So basically Plane of Time which is something we railed against when it came out ....

Congrats on shitty MMO design.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
How do you tune that? Tuning for less than 5 is pretty hard, borderline impossible. Not to mention, what does the rest of the raid do while they wait for 5 people to do something? Why is splitting my 25 man raid into 5 groups more compelling or interesting? It sounds like a pain in the ass, I rather play with the other 24 people like I intended when I joined the raid.
The scarlet clockwork fight was pretty fun in GW2. Basically it had 5 MOBA like lanes that had to be defended with limited ability to swap from one lane to the other to bolster a week lane. Once the final fight started you went into an event where there were different platforms that were automatically filled with people to even them out each fighting a version of the same boss. Each had to win in the time limit to zap the clockwork and get to the next part of the fight. Overall it was one of the most fun pug raids in a game I have seen it was about the limit of what you can ask a raid of total strangers to do.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
What was the fight in Naxx where you basically had to set up the main group to kill/follow the boss but also had to set up 3 groups dedicated to killing skeletons? That fight was pretty fun. Basically taxed the raid groups' tank numbers. I know my guild had to throw in some druids in Feral gear because we didn't have enough good prot gear to go around for it.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider

I take it you've never been to Tanaan Jungle then. Jesus H. Christ, do you ever take longer than 30 seconds to spew this shit onto our browsers?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
What was the fight in Naxx where you basically had to set up the main group to kill/follow the boss but also had to set up 3 groups dedicated to killing skeletons? That fight was pretty fun. Basically taxed the raid groups' tank numbers. I know my guild had to throw in some druids in Feral gear because we didn't have enough good prot gear to go around for it.
Gothik.

Live side and dead side.

Also there was 4H where you could just say fuck it and 8 tank it. YOLO!

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
GW2 did a passable job scaling events from solo through zerg levels.

And many of them were entertaining a few times. That turned boring because GW2 sucks at rewarding people outside pretty dresses.

It doesn't have to be too complicated, its just a possible more entertaining way of creating filler content between boss fights.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
GW2 did a passable job scaling events from solo through zerg levels.

And many of them were entertaining a few times. That turned boring because GW2 sucks at rewarding people outside pretty dresses.

It doesn't have to be too complicated, its just a possible more entertaining way of creating filler content between boss fights.
Again, WoW players don't want interesting filler content between boss fights. They want to take restroom breaks, enchant their gear, transmog, talk about the upcoming boss, joke around... not take shit serious.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I take it you've never been to Tanaan Jungle then. Jesus H. Christ, do you ever take longer than 30 seconds to spew this shit onto our browsers?
Maybe you should elaborate because you seem pretty worked up about mere suggestions on how to make raids different.

I guess you like trash mobs. You seem pretty mad.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Again, WoW players don't want interesting filler content between boss fights. They want to take restroom breaks, enchant their gear, transmog, talk about the upcoming boss, joke around... not take shit serious.
Well then your pretty safe playing wow then since they'll never change at this point.

Just food for thought. There are many reasons why wow keeps shrinking. I wouldn't mind seeing another PVE based game that has a different take on raid content that isn't just bosses and trash mobs. There are a lot of games out there that you can take ideas from.

People like what they like. Shrug.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Logged on, had 40k more HP than the tank in LFR, quit and logged off. :|

I wish there was something to do. I've been busy lately and when I'm not I'm just playing other games, but I really want to play an MMO right now and I feel like there's nothing for me to even log on for. Oh well. We've had this conversation like 900 times already here, basically beating a dead horse at this point.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider

I wish there was something to do. I've been busy lately and when I'm not I'm just playing other games, but I really want to play an MMO right now and I feel like there's nothing for me to even log on for. Oh well. We've had this conversation like 900 times already here, basically beating a dead horse at this point.
There are a ton of good games right now, WoW is in a stagnant point (as are like every other mmo). Diablo 3's new season is really damn fun and scratches that multiplayer itch pretty well.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why would that cause you to quit LFR...its LFR.
Tanks even badly geared ones typically are not an issue for all but a couple LFR bosses. Most I am pretty sure tanks auto attacking could do what you need them to do.

DavivMcD

Peasant
Not saying your decision was wrong, but that probably speaks more to you being overgeared for LFR than the tank being undergeared. It's not like you can really gear for stamina these days; it's all about ilvl. The only real itemization choice you get besides sidegrades are trinkets, and bonus armor is more important on those than stamina.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
How to navigate LBRS:

1) See that the group-finder has dropped your alt into LBRS.
2) Quit the group and play another character for a bit.

There, simple!

xzi

Mouthbreather
Not saying your decision was wrong, but that probably speaks more to you being overgeared for LFR than the tank being undergeared. It's not like you can really gear for stamina these days; it's all about ilvl. The only real itemization choice you get besides sidegrades are trinkets, and bonus armor is more important on those than stamina.
Oh no I definitely agree but it's instantly a turn off in any situation. I don't need to do LFR at all, I just wanted to do something but I realize I don't actually want to do something so I found a reason to blame it on. Tank liked swimming in the water on Gorefiend and asking why he's taking so much damage too, so there's that.