World of Warcraft: Current Year

Cathex_sl

shitlord
I have truly finished my transformation into a grumpy old fuck after joining a guild in Skyforge and realising every single person on Mumble was annoying as fuck. I mean even the obviously trying to hard, flirty/slutty chick was just grating on my last nerve.

I need a lawn and a cane at 45 now. My gaming life is over.

Fuck!
Even worse, these chicks tend to be quite unattractive IRL.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I don't get the problem I used to just log in and mute everything unless/until a hard or coordinated part comes up.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Couple people couldn't make it last night so no raid. We're really trying to keep going until we can get an eta on Legion beta but at this rate there's no way we're making it to blizzcon.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
We've been pugging like 60% of our raid (we're only in heroic). Couldn't even get people to log in for Archimonde attempts.

Inque

FunEmployed
I laugh anymore when I see "guild run" listed in the LFD and it's 4 people from a single guild hosting and reserving shit. Sorry, 4 people does not equate to a guild, move along, many more PUG's I can join.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
And then whatever loot you want just gets ninja'd regardless of the stated loot rules and GM's won't do shit.

Once people figured that out, pugging died.

"Only join raids that use personal loot" Uh huh. And I want a pony and a unicorn too.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I won't lie, we're pretty awful about stacking groups on the rare occasions we're doing something that needs some more bodies. Roll on things we already have to trade to the people that need it. That's kind of the community the game has built though. Your guild is all that matters.

Inque

FunEmployed
We had a Druid who was reserving Vanq Token off Socrethar Heroic last night; Coined a Vanq Token and still kept the one that dropped in the chest. Two of us who would've rolled for it were like "uhhhh, whats up?" Raid Lead said "sorry gents, the loot rule were Vanq Token was reserved. He wants to keep it for Warforge chance," meanwhile Rogue wins Trinket and Druid goes "I will give you Vanq Token for Trinket" -- Rogue said eff off and left. Of course, they're from Ragnaros/Quel'Thelas. Build a wall, I say.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Couple people couldn't make it last night so no raid. We're really trying to keep going until we can get an eta on Legion beta but at this rate there's no way we're making it to blizzcon.
At the moment, we're about at 6 steady players, with maybe 8 on raid nights. Sometimes. We're not even trying to recruit PUGs to fill up the ranks, we're probably going to go the "find a compatible guild and merge" route like during LK. The previous hiatus in MoP wasn't has harsh as this one, basically half the guild simply vanished during the summer.

Our PUGs rule have always been "full random, you want it, you /rand it, otherwise Felicia gets to dez". Says so when we advertised back before holiday on the handful of nights where the stars aligned wrong and we went below 10.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
At the moment, we're about at 6 steady players, with maybe 8 on raid nights. Sometimes. We're not even trying to recruit PUGs to fill up the ranks, we're probably going to go the "find a compatible guild and merge" route like during LK. The previous hiatus in MoP wasn't has harsh as this one, basically half the guild simply vanished during the summer.

Our PUGs rule have always been "full random, you want it, you /rand it, otherwise Felicia gets to dez". Says so when we advertised back before holiday on the handful of nights where the stars aligned wrong and we went below 10.
Fucking mythic 20-man shit killed this game harder than anything else, and Watcher's head is in the goddamn sand about it. Honestly, I haven't seen one blue post acknowledge the negative effects that it has had on the game in anyway shape or form. You have a group of folks who used to be able to reasonably progress through the hardest content, who now cannot because they lack the numbers to even attempt it. So now that the 15 or so of us that progressed through heroic have hit a brick wall, what incentive do we have to keep on raiding? Why would we stick around for Legion?

Rime

<Donor>
Down to 6 people regularly showing up for heroics. No progress being made. Was trying to keep the guild together until Fallout 4, but I am about to just toss in the towel. Sick of pugging strangers from other servers with no hope of them turning to regulars/chance of recruiting them (Who would willingly join Horde on an Alliance dominated - 70-30 - half-dead (Low population) server?). I wish they would do more mergers or open free character transfers (never going to happen - EXTRA REVENUE STREAM!), because I will be damned if I am going to spend $100 bucks to move my guild and the characters I care about to another server.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fucking mythic 20-man shit killed this game harder than anything else, and Watcher's head is in the goddamn sand about it. Honestly, I haven't seen one blue post acknowledge the negative effects that it has had on the game in anyway shape or form. You have a group of folks who used to be able to reasonably progress through the hardest content, who now cannot because they lack the numbers to even attempt it. So now that the 15 or so of us that progressed through heroic have hit a brick wall, what incentive do we have to keep on raiding? Why would we stick around for Legion?
How did mythic change anything? The hardest difficulty has always required a set amount of players.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's significantly easier to find 10 competent players with near-100% attendance with personalities that don't involve making you want to tear their molars out through their urethra than it is to find 20 or 25.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
It's significantly easier to find 10 competent players with near-100% attendance with personalities that don't involve making you want to tear their molars out through their urethra than it is to find 20 or 25.
The problem with reducing the size of a raid is that, once you're down to 10, it's very difficult to balance stuff. With 20, you can tune stuff with the expectation that there's one of every class, one of every buff, plus competent players. If you're at 10, that's no longer true: there are 11 classes out there (soon 12), so one of them has to sit. Then, it becomes difficult to juggle stuff around, meaning the composition of raids become much more static. And that's a death spiral on the interest of raids as you need to allow more flex, which reduces difficulty, which reduces prestige, etc. Before long, Mythic has no meaning.

So yea. 20-man is probably the best format for Mythic-tuned raiding.

Alas. Maybe.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
The problem with reducing the size of a raid is that, once you're down to 10, it's very difficult to balance stuff. With 20, you can tune stuff with the expectation that there's one of every class, one of every buff, plus competent players. If you're at 10, that's no longer true: there are 11 classes out there (soon 12), so one of them has to sit. Then, it becomes difficult to juggle stuff around, meaning the composition of raids become much more static. And that's a death spiral on the interest of raids as you need to allow more flex, which reduces difficulty, which reduces prestige, etc. Before long, Mythic has no meaning.

So yea. 20-man is probably the best format for Mythic-tuned raiding.

Alas. Maybe.
10 man heroic in MoP was so much harder than 25, I think you've got it backwards.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Last night we did H Manno and Arch, then mythic up through Gorefiend and M Blackhand afterwards. One shots on everything except Gore which only took 8 attempts or so (2nd kill). Three and 1/2 hours. It was probably our smoothest raid night yet.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
10 man heroic in MoP was so much harder than 25, I think you've got it backwards.
Difficulty differences between raid sizes was very case by case because of the mechanics of a particular fight. More shit to avoid standing in? 10 man is easier. More shit you have to stand in to absorb? 25 man easier.

The problem is when you're dealing with those kinds of problems, it's very challenging to quantify difficulty. It's easier to say, "Heroic is now called Mythic and requires 20 raiders." I will admit that I'm surprised they opted to bump up the raid size requirements when they knew (and stated many times) that 10H was by far the most popular raid composition.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Last night we did H Manno and Arch, then mythic up through Gorefiend and M Blackhand afterwards. One shots on everything except Gore which only took 8 attempts or so (2nd kill). Three and 1/2 hours. It was probably our smoothest raid night yet.
What does M Blackhand drop that makes him worth killing still?