World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Anyone find all the reps in WoD to be completely forgettable and totally uninteresting? only reason i'm doing any of them is for flying, otherwise they arent even on my radar. Considering i've maxed nearly every rep from every prior expansion, its quite the change.
The only reason I have all save the Ashran at exalted, and the Ashran one half-way there is that 8 alts shoveling the Legion medallion to my main whenever that mission pops make it doable.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't know much about the class but the top DPS in our mythic group is a shadow priest. He's at the top or near top of every fight. Whatever they do during execute range just skyrockets him at the end of fights.
I'm aware they perform very well in raids, between Twist of Fate bonus damage and SW Death spam (with consequent increase in orbs generation), their dps goes to heaven in the execute phases, I was just ranting about grinding around doing levelling content, where I found the shadow spec significantly weaker than in previous expansions: for a laugh, some elites in Spires of Arakk I had to switch to discipline because I was taking way too much damage in shadow. While it's true that in MoP I could keep up Renew in shadow form (it was a bless, no more shifting out to heal up and go back to shadow) and instant cast PoMending on top of that, I could not remember an era in 10 years of shadow form where I had such a shitty experience.

I play mostly a BM hunter in Tanaan, so everything is weak in comparison if you factor durability/survivability and crazy shit you can pull off, both when levelling and at the cap, but of all the classes, shadow is the one suffering most so far, despite the 630 crafted weapon. It was okay-ish in SMV, then the decline started, I hope there will be a ramp up period soon, once I get some 650 slotted everywhere.

velk

Trakanon Raider
I play mostly a BM hunter in Tanaan, so everything is weak in comparison if you factor durability/survivability and crazy shit you can pull off, both when levelling and at the cap, but of all the classes, shadow is the one suffering most so far, despite the 630 crafted weapon. It was okay-ish in SMV, then the decline started, I hope there will be a ramp up period soon, once I get some 650 slotted everywhere.
Might be me, but I found early gearing shadow to be the worst dps class to play - rotation boring, no aoe worth a shit and dps awful. Seem to be great at high gear though, maybe scaling, maybe I just suck ;p

Leveling wasn't an issue though - there's that glyph? ( maybe talent ? ) that makes mind blast give you 3 charges the first time you use it on a target - that lets you pretty much explode stuff.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
They're fucking garbage. But, if you look on themount store pageall of the rep mounts are clearly there and were input in the game but they decided to charge people 25$ instead of using them as rewards for literally the most boring as fuck grind since Wintersabers in Vanilla. "Enjoy your boar, faggot" seems to be the motto.

I didn't hate the goblin rep too much though, it was still grindy but being able to kill ogres, find treasures, or kill rares for turn in drops is alright. Laughing Skull and it's dumb shit "Just go kill 7000 mobs" grind was dumb. Not that I had to do it, but I feel like I should've been better rewarded for it.
The shat'ari defenders for the flaming elephant mount was the only one I bothered cranking to exalted of the original WOD reps. For the rest if you want random boars/wolves/talbuck/riverbeasts just get a stable and bang those quests out.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I did the reps just to fill up my green bars. I'm obsessive about it, and have almost all of the green bars in the game filled up. This is the reason I don't have an alt.

Saban_sl

shitlord
I did the reps just to fill up my green bars. I'm obsessive about it, and have almost all of the green bars in the game filled up. This is the reason I don't have an alt.
thats how i was with every expansion prior, and i probably will do the same thing here. but i'm gonna complain the whole time!

xzi

Mouthbreather
thats how i was with every expansion prior, and i probably will do the same thing here. but i'm gonna complain the whole time!
lmao, same. I haven't done any reps recently, but one of the major factors in me not wanting to start another character (other than loving holy paladin) is rep grinds.

xzi

Mouthbreather
LMAO one of the changes in that patch. Literally D3 I love it.

Divine Steed for Ret:
Summons your Holy Charger to ride for 4 sec, increasing movement speed by 100%. Useable while indoors or in combat.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
LMAO one of the changes in that patch. Literally D3 I love it.

Divine Steed for Ret:
Summons your Holy Charger to ride for 4 sec, increasing movement speed by 100%. Useable while indoors or in combat.
Haha yeah. I think that was in the talent previews that were posted earlier. Another nice steal from D3 (circa 5.0?) was the Mage orb graphic.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'm OK with this, though. Wow has been stripped consistently in recent Xpacks, it needs some cool stuff injected back in.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm totally cool with it, I'm glad it's happening honestly. Short of completely revamping the combat system which they're never going to do, what is there to do? Diablo seems like a perfect testing grounds for some skills and itemization.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I'm OK with this, though. Wow has been stripped consistently in recent Xpacks, it needs some cool stuff injected back in.
This is actually really nice to see. The classes and what not just really started to lose their identity. Really hoping the split PVE & PVP systems allow for a breath of fresh air again. Missed hopping on an alt and actually playing a class that had uniqueness to it, as opposed to playing essentially the same class across the board.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Weapon procs like its 1999!

But man, it sounds like they are heading to a system that will make Mythic raiding more annoying than ever. Fully invested in a spec that is nerfed/no good on fight x? Fuck You, better have the other two legendaries ready to go along with a bag full of items with the right bonus effects.

But WOD pretty much murdered mythic tier anyway with its insane burnout rate.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
We started Mythic Mannoroth last night. Going to be a rough month of wipes. Kind of fun to be able to play demo again though.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
How many guilds have you had to absorb?

Mine is still on the first page for Area 52. The guild hasn't existed since like.. a week or two before flying was finally put in, whenever that was.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
We got Gorefiend down to 2% last week but our off tank didn't catch a spirit during the last feast and our "no problem, we got this" 12 seconds turned into insta-wipe enrage. Hopefully we'll get him this week because the churn has been super real. Our first pull on him was a week or two before halloween...

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I like cool weapon procs and whatnot as much as the next guy, but the Legion weapons just don't get me that excited. All they did is move the skills you'd normally get leveling up and put them on your weapon. No one will be not using their artifact so it's no different than if they were just normal spec skills

It does allow them to add progression beyond just xp levels which I guess is cool. They did say that eventually you'd be able to max every trait so we'll end up with a case where literally everyone in a spec has the same exact weapon. I guess I'll wait and see how I feel about it when I play it. Hopefully it will be the opposite of garrisons for me, sounds meh but turns out cool.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
How many guilds have you had to absorb?

Mine is still on the first page for Area 52. The guild hasn't existed since like.. a week or two before flying was finally put in, whenever that was.
We hit a stretch in late BRF where I thought the guild was in serious trouble. One of our top DPS rage quit one night and then took a couple players with him including one of the tanks. It took a really long time to replace that tank.

HFC has by and large been pretty stable though and I think the biggest part of that is we've kept recruiting through the whole tier while still doing a heroic clear every week and rotating people in on farm mythic bosses. We'll have 25 people on at the start of raid nights and 22 or so during progression fights to sub. It's really just a solid group of people. I'm happy I found them when I did.

There's a spot for you Kreug if you ever get the itch. We have a billion hunters just like every other guild, but they do rotate in and out. We really need another full time DK too.