World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
Broxigars axe seems almosttoopowerful to give us, but I certainly wouldn't complain about it. I have to believe it's going to be used in the future at some point, even if it's a temporary item or something..

I haven't found anyone that likes the warrior weapons yet though (well, I like prot) and that's kind of sad.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Broxigars axe seems almosttoopowerful to give us, but I certainly wouldn't complain about it. I have to believe it's going to be used in the future at some point, even if it's a temporary item or something..

I haven't found anyone that likes the warrior weapons yet though (well, I like prot) and that's kind of sad.
LOL the prot artifact. "Hey guys, what are we gonna give prot warriors?" "I dunno, like a scale of deathwing or something and some nameless 1h sword" "Yea that works"

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That Bolvar video has me slightly excited. Also, blizzard voice acting has been getting a lot better lately imo.

Obviously there's hella spoilers in the video below as well: but hnnnnnng

TTTTHHHEEEE LLLLLIIIIIGGGGGHHHHHHHTTTTTTTT

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
LOL the prot artifact. "Hey guys, what are we gonna give prot warriors?" "I dunno, like a scale of deathwing or something and some nameless 1h sword" "Yea that works"
Yea, having a shield made out of a piece of the most powerful dragon to ever exist is super lame.

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm

I thought they'd be a little restrictive about giving that tier of weapon to players, but then they started handing out Ashbringer, Doomhammer, the Scythe of Elune etc.

I've got no problem with the Deathwing shield, at least it's derived from a well known and badass lore figure. This Stromkar and Vrykul-inspired bullshit, nobody knows or cares about.

At least the class hall is solid.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I still think even Ashbringer is almost too powerful, being able to strike down an insane amount of undead. But.. Broxigars axe is the only weapon that was ever able to inflict a wound on Sargeras who just eats planets for fun. I feel like there's no way in fuck that Sargeras would let that axe get away from him.

Although it's been datamined that Broxigar (well, seemingly his ghost) has shown up in Legion. Lots of speculation, most people are saying it's most likely going to be a part of the warrior class hall.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea, having a shield made out of a piece of the most powerful dragon to ever exist is super lame.
I never said the shield was super lame, I said the sword is nameless. An ancient master crafted shield made out of pre-resurrected Deathwings scale is cool. The random 1h they threw in with it is just weird.

The prot paladin shit is the same way. Tyr and Archaedas forged a shield for a vrykul champion, shit goes down, champion retires to Stormheim...que nameless 1h sword.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Spoilers!

Grant Gavinrad a final rest? Well, if youinsist....
biggrin.png
Oh no lol, Wrath of the Lich King #2 is coming next if he has gone evil again!

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I know it's "Lolore", and maybe I'm only speaking for myself, but I would appreciate some discretion with the spoiler discussion (ie spoiler tags with [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ]). It may not be War and Peace, but the lore and questing is something I really enjoy - especially if they continue the trend of lore delivery that they started in WoD. It'd be shitty to have to exit the thread for the next 6 months.

If I'm the only one that cares that's fine, but I figured I'd put it out there so I could continue to follow the thread between now and Legion.

xzi

Mouthbreather
That's fair enough, I like keeping track of the lore and have been using spoilers where I see fit but if I miss something I'll spoiler it if someone mentions it.

I've already been eating it up though, parts of Legion were spoiled for me like day one of the beta datamining because I can't contain myself haha

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I know it's "Lolore", and maybe I'm only speaking for myself, but I would appreciate some discretion with the spoiler discussion (ie spoiler tags with [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ]). It may not be War and Peace, but the lore and questing is something I really enjoy - especially if they continue the trend of lore delivery that they started in WoD. It'd be shitty to have to exit the thread for the next 6 months.

If I'm the only one that cares that's fine, but I figured I'd put it out there so I could continue to follow the thread between now and Legion.
That's fair. Report any spoiler posts and I'll put in tags.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't have the luxury of not spoiling the story for me. I still play and frequent WoW fansites and mmo-champ usually doesn't spoiler shit. Even if they do, they use a spoiler tag and then RIGHT AT THE BEGINNING post all of the huge spoilers.

I am incapable ofnotclicking spoiler buttons for wow shit. I did a pretty good job with FO4 but that's different.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
I spoiled myself rotten for Cata but since then I've basically taken a passive stance - I know I'll see some of the big name stuff but generally speaking it's the smaller, non-"epic" quests tucked away in a corner of a levelling zone that are more likely to be funanyway.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm in the process of levelling a few alts, I decided it's about time I finish the shadow priest, offspec discipline to heal dungeons. I noticed it's truly made of wet paper, the removal of inner fire, passive damage reduction and pretty much no real crowd control, coupled with nerfed shitty pw: shields, make levelling fairly painful. Now I'm almost 99, so I'm hopeful this is going to change once I get to 100 and start collecting better gear, but holy crap, when I main'd shadow during Pandaria, I never had so many troubles handling 3 quest mobs. Troubles is a strong word of course, but I used to just dot the mobs and pws myself watching them die, now I need to actually use tendrils, or scream or drop a devouring plague for the heal, especially if a stronger mob is in the pack.

If there is a shadow priest among you, does it get better? I'm missing MoP priest soooo much now.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I've got a shadow priest alt but I used the elixir and bonus objective trick to hit 100. When I'm doing dailies in Tanaan I stack up 8 fel sludges and that makes the healing on devouring plague pretty OP.

Bruman

Golden Squire
I'm in the process of levelling a few alts, I decided it's about time I finish the shadow priest, offspec discipline to heal dungeons. I noticed it's truly made of wet paper, the removal of inner fire, passive damage reduction and pretty much no real crowd control, coupled with nerfed shitty pw: shields, make levelling fairly painful. Now I'm almost 99, so I'm hopeful this is going to change once I get to 100 and start collecting better gear, but holy crap, when I main'd shadow during Pandaria, I never had so many troubles handling 3 quest mobs. Troubles is a strong word of course, but I used to just dot the mobs and pws myself watching them die, now I need to actually use tendrils, or scream or drop a devouring plague for the heal, especially if a stronger mob is in the pack.

If there is a shadow priest among you, does it get better? I'm missing MoP priest soooo much now.
I didn't have any trouble leveling through WoD. Just resubbed the other day, and had trouble with more than 1-2 mobs in the little story bit to unlock the shipyard, but after about a quick 25 iLevels (633->658) from Tanaan and LFR stuff is melting fine again.

Then again, I've never ever just dotted and sat there PW:S'd. DP is our biggest damage, especially with Insanity, so you always want to be getting it going. You also have Vampiric Embrace on a cooldown for some extra healing, plus I like Desperate Prayer, plus constant shielding, and worst case scenario you can Void Tendrils, PW:S with whatever that talent is that gives you the run speed boost at the same time, get some distance, and spam some flash heals (just remember to go back into shadowform).

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
If there is a shadow priest among you, does it get better?
Took me a while but I'm pretty good now (at ilvl 711). I'm going with another shadow priest as acolyte (the Arrakoa bodyguard), and stuff dies rather quickly. While I don't have the survivability of a DK, I simply chain pull stuff and do my dailies quickly. I don't use dots though, the talent I picked are tailored to blast/spike/death rotation.

It's almost certainly not the face melting it used to be, but it does the job.

I ended up buying WoD expansion over the weekend while it was on sale. I went ahead and used the auto 90 thing on my rogue.

Here's the question, am I stuck in that new world where my garrison is located? I haven't played it much yet, but so far don't see a way to get back to Azeroth.

Do I have to finish the progression of quests first or something?

Bruman

Golden Squire
I ended up buying WoD expansion over the weekend while it was on sale. I went ahead and used the auto 90 thing on my rogue.

Here's the question, am I stuck in that new world where my garrison is located? I haven't played it much yet, but so far don't see a way to get back to Azeroth.

Do I have to finish the progression of quests first or something?
Ashran has portals back to Org and other cities.

Edit: and I think there's a portal to Ashran at some tower on the outskirts of your Garrison? Not sure what garrison level that pops up though.