World of Warcraft: Current Year

Rime

<Donor>
Oh! And my biggest issue! $10 (Yes, I understand that $10 is 'nothing' to most gamers/people on the board) more for the expansion. Their reasoning behind it? You get a free level 90 boost! ...it is not free if I am paying for it. If it had been optional, I would not have paid for it.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Paladin main for sure. Debating between the kickass sounding holy or sticking to my dps roots as ret..

Whats a good horde server?

xzi

Mouthbreather
I fucking hate pugging and I feel like I'm done touching raids until Legion. I don't understand why I just got kicked for "only having 45k HPS" (like that's bad???) when I'm 2nd on healing and retards are dying from Allure of Flames. I don't even have my 4pc and I'm outhealing almost BIS geared heroic healers I don't understand it. My gametime runs out in a few days and I think I'm just gonna shelf the game until 7.0 drops and then use one of my tokens.

I got my moose a few weeks ago so I don't know why I was bothering trying to gear up to be honest.

Rime

<Donor>
I got my moose a few weeks ago so I don't know why I was bothering trying to gear up to be honest.
I know that feeling. Unless my guild finds 7 non-mouth breathers to suddenly do Mythic HFC, the only reason I am still playing is the obligation I feel to my guildmates. That and that I am paid up until the end of 2016 via the tokens.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I might actually join a guild in Legion, and I do still actually like the game but it feels pointless to play right now knowing everything is resetting in a few months anyways. I'm just salty I got kicked for a dumb reason lmao

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Unfortunately, there are a lot of trolls out there who will kick for any reason.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah definitely.

Also not really relevant but I am actually considering rolling a DH as my main. The crazy amount of movement just seems so fun to me and I've never played a max level DPS character in any serious manner. Not to mention my inner 13 year old finally being able to actually be Illidan gives me a chub

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Items in Legion seem to start at 700 in your first zone and go up to 800 for level 110 dungeons/crafted (artifact starts at 750). That suggests a progression of 9 ilvl per level post 100. If you're geared in non-warforged/non-improved heroic, you're probably replacing your items at level 102-103... Warforged+improved will probably last 2 levels more, i.e. a couple hours...

Probable progression (haven't seen reports from alpha players yet):

Level 100: ilvl 700
Level 101: ilvl 709
Level 102: ilvl 718
Level 103: ilvl 727
Level 104: ilvl 736
Level 105: ilvl 745
Level 106: ilvl 754
Level 107: ilvl 763
Level 108: ilvl 772
Level 109: ilvl 781
Level 110: ilvl 790
Dungeons 110: ilvl 800

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I know there's not a ton of other people still progressing on Mythic here but we're about 2 weeks into Mannoroth attempts. Really love the encounter. My favorite of the expansion for sure. Gorefiend felt really great to get past way back when, but the bulk of the pressure there fell on the couple of people dedicated to breaking people out. Manno really requires just a whole ton of raid wide coordination.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
We killed Gorefiend a couple weeks ago for the first time and the next raid night downed Iskar and Soc. Gorefiend is such a ball buster. I guess Xhul will be the next road block?

Our guild only raids 6 hours a week or we'd be quite a bit more progressed. There's been many times where I've been tempted to find a guild that raids slightly more, but there doesn't seem to be much middle ground between 6 hours and 12+ hours for mythic raiding guilds.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Working on Gorefiend now. Only sunk 6 hours into him and already had a 37% attempt. Feels killable now, compared to the first 3 to 4 hours, which seemed like zero progress was being made.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah we were able to get through Tyrant before the ilvl increase. That fight took a lot of work for us to finally get down the night before the upgrade buff.

After the 10 ilvls I don't think any fight has been that bad. Xhul took a few nights. There's a lot of movement on that fight the whole raid just has to get used to.

Gorefiend before the ilvl increase was definitely the biggest cock block and we didn't even get him until they added the extra 5 seconds of ghost time.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Working on Gorefiend now. Only sunk 6 hours into him and already had a 37% attempt. Feels killable now, compared to the first 3 to 4 hours, which seemed like zero progress was being made.
We had around 200 attempts (I wish I was kidding) where there was no progress. Literally none - didn't even see Feast phase. When we finally had a stable 20 people, and those 20 people figured out you can't use any AoE abilities whatsoever, we saw Feast consistently and killed him within 15 or so pulls. It seems like the fight requires near perfection and a ton of practice to get a feel for the pacing of all the mechanics.

This week was the second kill and we killed him within 3 or 4 pulls. We actually had more wipes on Iron Reaver that night. Sigh.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
I have a mage, warrior, and dk currently at 100.

Was curious at to what to use my 100 boost on, what healers are in demand / better than the others right now?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
At the moment I would guess druid healers and disc priests are sort of top of the heap. The expansion seems to be knocking disc into a somewhat half and half heal/dps class so not sure how that will work out but druids shitting out massive regens willy nilly with minimal casting time always seems pretty popular and good if frustrating to play against in pvp.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Using my 90 boost on a paladin, so leveling a DK (I like unholy for legion too)...I'm assuming I should level him as blood?