World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
I have a mage, warrior, and dk currently at 100.

Was curious at to what to use my 100 boost on, what healers are in demand / better than the others right now?
Depends what you want. Big single target heals and no movement? Go holy paladin.

Lots of raid healing and very mobile? Resto druid all the way.

disc priest is extremely strong right now, but with the changes in legion you're not going to be the absorbmaster anymore (or not as much), I've heard MW monk is decent all around and uniquely different if you play it right but isn't necessarily a meter topper (not sure if true, that's just what I've read)

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
MW Monk is definitely a meter topper. A mythic Archi group single healed mythic Archi with a MW.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Like I said, what I read
tongue.png
I don't know a single fucking thing monk does other than they have Chi. I was considering rolling it since it's the only healer I've never played, seems fun to me. That mythic archi run was pretty nuts though, I miss having raid heals ...goddamn paladin

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
No healers are bad right now (except holy priest?) and the ideal raid mythic raid comps are a mix of 3-4 of them with the exception of disc, which is so strong in WOD they're a must have. But like what was said above, that class is completely changing next expansion. Disc will be more like a chloromancer if you ever played rift and I would expect we see Holy actually used. Pally ends up pretty important in some fights too as they're far and away the best tank healers.

It just depends on what you're after. Shaman is a good choice because they mesh well with whatever the other healers are. You can really only have one disc and one holy pally in a raid.

We bring disc/shaman/pally to every one of our fights as those 3 together cover tank healing, absorbs and cooldowns. Then we'll sub in a monk or druid if the fight needs 4.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Like I said, what I read
tongue.png
I don't know a single fucking thing monk does other than they have Chi. I was considering rolling it since it's the only healer I've never played, seems fun to me. That mythic archi run was pretty nuts though, I miss having raid heals ...goddamn paladin
The idea is that you spend mana to generate chi, you spend chi for heals that give you back mana tea charges, you drink mana tea for mana. Properly played, it means that mana is lasting a loooong time as a monk. Monks are quite fun, get a good mod to track Renewing Mist and you're good to go. I love the spec, been playing Mistweaver/Brewmaster since monk implementation in MoP (MW was better in MoP imo). Keep in mind that the class is changing a lot in Legion.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Like I said, what I read
tongue.png
Keep in mind here too that the unique playstyle of monks is going away in legion. No more fistweaving. A mistake on blizz's part if you ask me.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
No healers are bad right now (except holy priest?)
At the standard group/dungeon level, Holy is ok. I've always been Holy as a raid Priest and have pretty much stopped doing that and am always in Shadow doing my DPS because I'm an hindrance in any non-farm stuff if I'm doing healing.

xzi

Mouthbreather
6 months isn't long enough, but I suppose they assume half of those will just get new accounts or come back and give them more money in 6 months.

It's about fucking time they separate PvE and PvP, jesus christ, 10 years late. Sorta excited for it!

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Now they just have to give up the forced faction split, it doesn't make sense anymore since 2007.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Dunno why they banned them now, that is a lot of refunds for Legion they are giving out. I woulda waited till launch day of Legion.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Now they just have to give up the forced faction split, it doesn't make sense anymore since 2007.
Not sure we will ever get that because removing the faction split is a massive programming undertaking. If I could make one change to the game, remove the two factions would be it.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Agreed. Lore is important and I love lore, but time and time again a huge chunk of the community and even blizzard themselves have said "gameplay mechanics > lore". Making groups would be chaos but it would be amazing because you'd never be out of people to do anything with. It doesn't even have to be a world thing, just instanced content, why not?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We had horde zoning into our MC instance back in 2005. Surely in 10 years they could make that happen on purpose.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Reasoning behind the supension rather than ban thing (it's from Lore, Blizz CM) :

So, here's the thing.
Through various studies (conducted both here at Blizzard and by other companies/groups), and by monitoring player behavior, we've discovered that suspensions are actually more effective than permabans for preventing repeat offenses by the same people.
There's some really interesting sociological hocus pocus behind it, but from what I understand, the TLDR is that if a botter gets permabanned, they'll often just buy a new account and go right back to botting. However, if we only suspend them -- meaning, they'll get their account back later -- they're less likely to buy a new one. Furthermore, once they do get their account back, they're EXTREMELY unlikely to bot again.
I'm not a psychology expert, but there's something about "I'll get this account back later" that leads more of these sorts of people to give up their botting ways than if their accounts had been permanently closed. It's kind of fascinating (at least I find it to be).