World of Warcraft: Current Year

velk

Trakanon Raider
You don't have many alts, do you? With 7 90+ chars, it takes me almost 2h to do the full rounds of the garrisons, and that's without doing any daily quest/dungeon/whatever. Just gathering, picking work orders, and resubmitting missions (which is the least part of it).
The garrison gathering seems to be some psychological trap that makes people think that they have to do it because it's *right there* !

Would you spend an hour farming ores with your characters normally ? If not, why would you do it just because it's in 14 3 minute chunks ? ;p

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
You don't have many alts, do you? With 7 90+ chars, it takes me almost 2h to do the full rounds of the garrisons, and that's without doing any daily quest/dungeon/whatever. Just gathering, picking work orders, and resubmitting missions (which is the least part of it).
This is far from mandatory. You don't have to do any of that shit to stay raid-relevent, which was my point earlier. You're just spending hours for some extra gold.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
The garrison gathering seems to be some psychological trap that makes people think that they have to do it because it's *right there* !
It's the "daily limit" syndrome.

Basically, you know that, if you don't do it today, it's gone, and you've lost out on it. You can't catch up on your mine, garden. So you feel compelled to get it when it's there.

DavivMcD

Peasant
Would you spend an hour farming ores with your characters normally ?
No because I wouldn't be able to hit even close to 252 nodes in an hour doing it normally. Especially without flying this expansion. As cheap as ore is, it's still free money sitting in one big pile in your base, as opposed to sprinkled lightly over a gigantic public space with monsters in the way.

I've shortened my daily garrison chore list to just refreshing missions and hitting bunker/trading post/salvage yard. I requeue other work orders every other day, and I only mine or herb on days the trading post calls for it. It still adds up to a good 30-60 minutes with lots of alts, but it also makes me well over 25k gold a week for barely any effort, so it doesn't feel like time wasted.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I've built up a large enough nest egg of gold that I can stay raid relevant for H.BRF indefinitely with logging in for only raids. I didn't really raid in prior expansions, a little bit in TBC... but my understanding was that back then a "real raider" would have a host of other activities they'd have to do during off hours?

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I run 5 garrisons now for gold.

I do not mine.
I do not herb.
I rarely queue work orders at all.

Get a rank 3 tavern on each garrison and spam queue missions in the morning and in the evening. Make gold missions at 100% your priority.

Thousands of gold per week without wasting time picking bullshit herbs or mining crap.

Edit: After leveling my first character to 100 I didn't bother raising the herb garden or mine past level 1 for any other character. They are a complete waste of time. I make more gold by NOT clearing them and just buying the crap I need. Time > Money. Let the poor peasants waste their time picking up crap for me and I'll buy it cheap as hell on the AH.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah i was calculating how much gold you make by doing all gold rewards on 6 characters.. it was anywhere from 2000-2500g a day, every day for virtually logging in a couple times a day to do missions quickly then logging off.

I havent done missions in a week or so though since i've had no desire to log on yet. I'll most likely log in today, buy my cloth heirlooms to 100 and finish leveling my priest though, i'd imagine that shit will go super fast now with the extra 45% or so exp boost

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
So hunters are popping boners over the seemingly small yet somehow enormous BM buff. (combination of meticulous SimC tweaking + the small atk buff?) I need Mr Miyagi to come teach me how to BM because I've never touched it. I'm geared all wrong but apparently with BM it barely even matters outside of trinkets anyway, so that's nice. And my goblin racial becomes much less useless, so I should be better off in the spec than I could ever be as MM/SV.

Having your spec go from best to worst and all of your stat weights flip around mid progression is always "fun" but in this case it seems to be a buff all around. Better single target, better aoe, no need to stand still to cast, more forgiving gearing, kill shot instead of wasted dot ticks, ~40% autoattack dps - yay?

In other news killing Blast Furnace on heroic was almost nerd scream worthy. The progression from "holy fuck this is a mess" to "what, that was it?" was quite a ride. That shit felt like a solid mythic.

Clug

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Where are you seeing this BM news Kreugen? BM is my spec of choice, just has seemed lackluster all expansion....

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
In other news killing Blast Furnace on heroic was almost nerd scream worthy. The progression from "holy fuck this is a mess" to "what, that was it?" was quite a ride. That shit felt like a solid mythic.
I had 50+ wipes on heroic before it finally died.

Once we switched to 1 giant group instead of split teams in the beginning we killed it in 2 tries.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I had 50+ wipes on heroic before it finally died.

Once we switched to 1 giant group instead of split teams in the beginning we killed it in 2 tries.
Ironically, it was doing the opposite that worked for us. Maybe switching up just woke people up? We had several big dicks missing (no druid healer sucks), and with a raid of 15 it seemed doing the 1 group thing was causing us to get way too much heat. With split groups we could get p1 down after the second operator with time to spare - with plenty of annoying fuckups that caused us to get a third at times, so we had to lust at start and really execute but it paid off with a lot less raid damage going out throughout p2.

P3 was "stop neglecting any leftover firecallers, burn them before worrying about boss" -> win.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Fyi just got a heroic brf cache mission with only 15 kills for those wondering if you needed to get 21 or not.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Any word on Mythic cache? At 22 kills, I'm skerred.
Looking at my Missions of Interest tab it shows only normal cache from foundry so I'm not touching mine yet.

I have 35 normal kills and 23 heroic kills so I'm going to wait a bit to see what folks are getting first.