World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Nod, its more or less the same here, but it seems you need to do random crap and required daily farming and naval missions to get the ring no?
Yes, you do. Although, if you're not in any hurry, you COULD do without farming beyond getting honored with Hand/Headhunters to unlock your Battleships : you do get missions for fuel regularly, so your fleet can operate at a very slow rate, but can.

What you can't avoid is unlocking the main equipment pieces, which require camping 4 rares, doing the port raid for the Whale Shark. The 2nd boss of the Citadel, you've probably already unlocked...

However, if you want to get your ring asap, you need:
- your fuel daily for 600 fuel, because you're going to build, decommission, and rebuild ships every hour...
- a mage tower, farming ogre stone to fuel your mage tower, for those insta-completion scrolls which make your 2-day missions finish in 5s so you can level your ships
- probably that arrakoa special ship (at exalted, so 22 days of daily) because it makes it possible to do the mission without a level 3 shipyard
- farming garrison ressources (I hope you have enough scavengers to fill all your missions. The rest of the missions suck anyway now) to swap equipment in the ships
- and... an excel spreadsheet to manage your naval fleet and plan which equipment needs replacing by which. The latter is important: I went from 9700 GR on patch day to 4000 today, because none of the big GR missions want to pop and I did swap my equipment by looking at missions I wanted, instead of the overall table.

The real blocker is going to be either a level 3 shipyard, i.e. 25 treasure mission success or the arrakoa exalted ship. I suspect the Arrakoa is faster, even with the mage tower completion... That, or the Chaos tome drop rate...

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
My shaman is like 650, anyone want to carry him through some raids? I'm DPS now but if you really want me to heal, I can.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yes, you do. Although, if you're not in any hurry, you COULD do without farming beyond getting honored with Hand/Headhunters to unlock your Battleships : you do get missions for fuel regularly, so your fleet can operate at a very slow rate, but can.

What you can't avoid is unlocking the main equipment pieces, which require camping 4 rares, doing the port raid for the Whale Shark. The 2nd boss of the Citadel, you've probably already unlocked...

However, if you want to get your ring asap, you need:
- your fuel daily for 600 fuel, because you're going to build, decommission, and rebuild ships every hour...
- a mage tower, farming ogre stone to fuel your mage tower, for those insta-completion scrolls which make your 2-day missions finish in 5s so you can level your ships
- probably that arrakoa special ship (at exalted, so 22 days of daily) because it makes it possible to do the mission without a level 3 shipyard
- farming garrison ressources (I hope you have enough scavengers to fill all your missions. The rest of the missions suck anyway now) to swap equipment in the ships
- and... an excel spreadsheet to manage your naval fleet and plan which equipment needs replacing by which. The latter is important: I went from 9700 GR on patch day to 4000 today, because none of the big GR missions want to pop and I did swap my equipment by looking at missions I wanted, instead of the overall table.

The real blocker is going to be either a level 3 shipyard, i.e. 25 treasure mission success or the arrakoa exalted ship. I suspect the Arrakoa is faster, even with the mage tower completion... That, or the Chaos tome drop rate...
Hmm, you can decommission ships? i hadnt even tried - i only have 1 epic ship and its a transport atm.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Hmm, you can decommission ships? i hadnt even tried - i only have 1 epic ship and its a transport atm.
If your shipyard is full, you can select a ship and the 2nd option on the menu is Decommission. It destroys the ship, and you can then build a new one. It's unlike the garrison proper: you can't have more ships than allowed, you need to decommission one to build a new one.

Epic transport is not best. Having an epic destroyer or battleship lets you pick momentum a lot more quickly. You only need one transport anyway, there's very few missions that need one compared to destroyers and battleships.

Also, if you're doing the legendary questline, better start immediately "fishing" for your two destroyers with human/undead/panda crews. Random is random
frown.png

What I haven't tested (yet) is whether or not gnome/troll crews can bring in non-sellable equipment. If you can get random Q43 mines or similar boosts by running missions, it will help a lot for the legendary rather than hoping your leveling panda/human carrier gets a destroyer/submarine bonus.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Scuttled all my Transports because all I can seem to roll on my other ships are Murloc Crews
smile.png

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
what the fuck are you even talking about lmao
I thought I was clear, but maybe I wasn't. It's one thing to be disappointed by a lack of content that you are interested in. If they did a purely pvp content patch I'd be pretty bored and unhappy. But I'd also understand that there are a lot of people that would be very happy and busy with that kind of patch.

It is a completely different thing to, taking the same example, disparage someone for enjoying that content. The kind of disparaging that comes out as "some people are happy with any bone thrown, some are not."

It's fine if you really only care about raiding. It's fine if you really only care about pvp. It's fine if you really only care about questing. All of that is fine. Enjoy the game on whatever level you want. Just don't ignore all the aspects of the content you don't care about and infer that any one who enjoys the stuff you are ignoring has no taste

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I think his confusion came from your random lashing out at no one in particular. Even the one bro who said he felt like this patch was light on content said he was cool with it because it had something for everyone (well, everyone but him, apparently).

xzi

Mouthbreather
Dang, I got two 675 Timewarped Warforged items in one run. ty for the free upgrades.

Also, this is bringing me war flashbacks of healing heroic TBC dungeons, jesus. Why does everything mortal strike D:

Dalien

Registered Hodor
The Timewarping dungeons have been funny. We had a wipe in every single one because the tank tried to round up 3-4 packs of trash to AoE faceroll it down. After the mandatory wipe everyone learns to respect the trash and rest of the run goes pretty smooth. Also we got to the first boss in Shattered Halls today and the gate to his room didn't open (it's not supposed to, you go around through the sewers to get to his room), tank goes "think it's bugged, putting in a ticket".

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you're going to do a mythic dungeon, save yourself some time and avoid UBRS haha

First boss's lightning orb does 120k every .5 sec if you get hit and dragon boss fire is super buggy and almost unavoidable, does 310k. We cleared it but wiped a ton.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Also, this is bringing me war flashbacks of healing heroic TBC dungeons, jesus. Why does everything mortal strike D:
The entrance to Mana Tombs is particularly harsh if you're not careful. Pull one group too many, tank goes from max to 0 in 1s.

The first boss is also funny.

"Hey guys, I remember, when he shifts stop dps because..."
Pandemonius shifts to the void.
Tank dies
Rogue dies
Mage has 5% left
"... he reflects damage"

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've done 6 bosses in HFC on heroic so far and I like the raid. It's challenging, probably more so that most of my guild is still MIA and we had to pug about half the group

Shipyard is shit. Someone above wrote about removing lumber mill - big mistake. I had 10000 garrison resources on patch day, am down to about 2000 now. Good luck getting good ships and good luck completing missions. At the same time they killed all the regular garrison missions so I no longer get a good chunk of it, so I'll probably have to go into panic mode soon and start cutting trees and shit.

Shipyard is probably the worst feature in the patch and it's also bugged to hell. Pisses me off that the legendary quest turned into khadgar just staring into the ocean at your docks waiting for those fucking missions to complete. Where's Garona? Why the hell did I save her in the first place if she's not going to be part of this questchain? Where's me and garona infiltrating gul'dans lair or w/e

It's like they didn't think of a continuation to the pretty cool conclusion in 6.1 and instead just had some new intern design battle ships

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
On the bright side, maybe this means everyone but the interns was working on 7.0?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Shipyard is shit. Someone above wrote about removing lumber mill - big mistake.
I have the Trade post (+20% faction? who are you kidding?) and I WOULD go Lumber Mill AS WELL if the Mill didn't want me to go in completely different area to farm trees for 20-30mn (depending on luck and competition) to fuel it. I may still do it, it depends on how I can balance the needs of the fleet vs the frequency of GR missions (which finally started to pop today). But fuck if I'm going to add yet another daily chore; I already have to farm ogres to expedite those missions...

Maybe once I get flight. Of course, since they delayed flight to an unspecified patch, I'll probably have finished the legendary quest line before that.
On the bright side, maybe this means everyone but the interns was working on 7.0?
If only.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Sorry but this is an excellent remark. How - besides the raid - could 6.2 take almost 8 months to finish? Like stated before, not a single new texture outdoors so the art team excuse is out. My point is, with what Ian "that will cost us a raid tier" Hazzikostas stated, "the largest wow team ever", I'd expect them to be able put out such an Isle 2.0 every month.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They've seperated the new wow team into 3 company baseball teams that have spent the last 6 months participating in a drawn out tournament to determine workflow structuring.

Grayson Carlyle

Golden Squire
Shooting for this set-up for half your fleet will cover every cache mission at 100%:

-Epic Battleship [True Iron Rudder] [Blast Furnace]
-Epic Carrier [Felsmoke Launcher] [Blast Furnace]
-Epic Destroyer [Felsmoke Launcher] [Trained Shark Tank]
-Epic Submarine [True Iron Rudder] [Trained Shark Tank] Human/Panda Crew
-Epic Submarine [Q-43 Noisemaker Mines] [Trained Shark Tank] Human/Panda Crew

That last Submarine is a bitch, and you'll have to keep just straight up making and leveling new Subs in order to reach 100% for the mission that needs both of em, since Q-43 Noisemaker Mines and your Crew are randomly-determined aspects of the boat.
Where did you get this? You can only get 86% onTo Fel and Back - Mission - World of Warcraftwith these ships. In fact, it's not even possible to get 100% on this mission without area buffs.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Guys I went to the bar with Grom last night. He's actually a pretty cool guy. He's really sorry about the mass genocide and all the children he ordered killed. He just wants to live in peace, like Ghandi, you know?

I think we should just forgive him.

Oh and Khadgar wants Mannoroths skull, I don't think there's any harm in that do you?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Of course treasure missions are all long as fuck. Because Fuck You.

I did get a 715 neck (with the two worst possible stats, yay) and one of the legendary missions done just by throwing boats at 80% missions.