World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I still haven't seen the mission even pop up, let alone just thrown ships at it until it completes.
That's weird. Because once I reached level 2, I took the quest from Khadgar and the first mission popped up 24h later.

All missions seem to pop 24 or 36h after the end of the previous one. And no, you don't need to sea to be clear, my 3rd or 4th mission (the one in the SW) popped while the corner was blocaded. Although it might have popped and the blocade just after; I just logged in and saw that.

I'm still stuck at the moment, I'm missing 6 treasure missions, and my store of GR is dangerously low to switch equipment around. So no level 3 shipyard, no carrier. If the % for the last was a bit higher, I'd try it, but it's not good. Anyway, it's not a hurry, the books will be the main delaying factor, I guess.

Thrawnseg_sl

shitlord
Not sure if late to the party with this, as I haven't read the previous few pages - but wow is Hardcore now!

StephanFrost-

Day one at Blizzard has been awesome. I'm excited to start work as the Design Producer on WoW. m/ h

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So, if they're hiring a Wildstar designer, does that mean the Add-On that put colored templates down to represent raid hazards will be re-legalized?

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
I think the mmo aspect is pretty good in tanaan - not the grouping aspect of it though, as you'll usually solo around other players or make small groups.

I discussed it with my guild and told thme that what I would love to see is large raid-sized campaign quests like the Garrison campaign. They all didn't seem to get that I wasn't talking about raids though, but rather something else. The garrison campaign is not necessarily hard, but it is engaging if you like the story. I don't see why we can't have similar large group-wide quests that perhaps are repeatable or allow you to jump in at any time. I'd like to be able to experience the story with my friends an dnot just the generic bosses that lead up to the story end boss in a raid. They do give a fairly nice way of introducing the raid bosses in tanaan though, if you do the garrison campaign

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, the shipyard can suck a dick. Watched my wife lose 4 ships in 2 missions with 90+ success rates. Fun times indeed.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
once I get my naval stuff done for my legendary I doubt I am going to bother with it to much way to annoying given its overall rewards seem sub standard compared to the garrison followers which seem much less annoying to utilize.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
once I get my naval stuff done for my legendary I doubt I am going to bother with it to much way to annoying given its overall rewards seem sub standard compared to the garrison followers which seem much less annoying to utilize.
Some of the treasure missions are nice but really just need it for the cache mission once every two weeks. Should be able to captain the boats on missions ala Black Flag.

The next expansion needs us being pirates. We don't even need some bullshit save the world story line. The expansion should just be, the heroes of Azeroth tired of saving the world over and over again so they are taking a vacation to go do pirate stuff because its cool.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think I have to send a few sacrificial lambs to the slaughter of my cache mission I have one up and its close to expiring but I just have not gotten enough purple ships I want to throw at it for the low percentages I have been seeing given two of the counters were carriers and I don't have my level three shipyard yet.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Put unsinkable on your ships with good crews and suicide the shit ones. Also troll ships are good to farm ship parts. Best setup is Lumbermill, Trading post, Spirit lodge. Insta complete the long missions and have enough resources to switch out parts and keep putting unsinkable on your good ships.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Learn to YOLO your ships harder. If a ship has a UD crew I don't risk it. The remaining can rest at the bottom of Davy Jones' locker.
I've been trying the "alt strat". Throw your ships at any 90%+ icon, don't bother managing equipment. If no 90% (besides training), pick highest available mission. Go.

Fucker is 8 treasure missions behind my main who optimize every fight and is now at 4500 GR (said alt is spending GR at the trade post to remain uncapped, because rebuilding ships does not even put a dent on it). That's starting 7 days later.

Moral of the story: don't even try to play. Just throw stuff until it sticks.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think I have to send a few sacrificial lambs to the slaughter of my cache mission I have one up and its close to expiring but I just have not gotten enough purple ships I want to throw at it for the low percentages I have been seeing given two of the counters were carriers and I don't have my level three shipyard yet.
The cache mission does not disappear if you fail. Just yolo until you succeed. Ships are not like followers, they are worthless and very replaceable.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yup I am starting to yolo those missions harder if I lose ships I lose them I am banging out treasure missions at a decent clip now up to like 11 I think.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I was 24/25 - did a 95% treasured mission and failed...lost an epic ship and no more treasured missions avail. They dont seem as frequent anymore and its pretty dam maddening.