World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dalien

Registered Hodor
I think they'll definitely remove all gold-generating missions and the possibility to trade ressources for gold directly, but the garrisons need to remain active otherwise future players will never be able to get most of the content of Draenor (achievements, treasure maps, mounts, pets, toys) all exclusive to the garrison missions. Plus I've tried to do invasions and invasion bosses every week since release and I'm still missing one invasion type and haven't seen like 3 of the bosses ever, so that shit needs to stay or people will be angry they missed out on the rare drop mounts and achievs.
Yeah you bring up a good point with the achievements, and there's actually a line of achievements for completing X number of treasure hunter missions so they can't remove them entirely. Maybe they'll just stop spawning once you complete the achievements, and/or they'll severely nerf the amount of gold they reward.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah you bring up a good point with the achievements, and there's actually a line of achievements for completing X number of treasure hunter missions so they can't remove them entirely. Maybe they'll just stop spawning once you complete the achievements, and/or they'll severely nerf the amount of gold they reward.
Or make them legacy achievements.

DavivMcD

Peasant
I don't mind doing a list of chores to unlock flying as long as it's available starting from launch. Alts are the only reason I care about flying, unfortunately my alts are almost all 100 by now and we still don't have it.

Chris

Potato del Grande
FF14 has a great way to unlock flying.

In each zone you have to collect several "aether flows", once you get them all you can fly. Some are just sitting as hidden discoverable items on the ground rewarding exploration, some are rewarded from main story quests and some from side quests. What happens is that you do all of your levelling in the zone then you get flying as a reward once you are done, later you get quests sending you back to the zone to use flying only areas.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I must be the odd duck here, I was entirely fine without flying and wouldnt miss it if they removed it from the entire game.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
FF14 has a great way to unlock flying.

In each zone you have to collect several "aether flows", once you get them all you can fly. Some are just sitting as hidden discoverable items on the ground rewarding exploration, some are rewarded from main story quests and some from side quests. What happens is that you do all of your levelling in the zone then you get flying as a reward once you are done, later you get quests sending you back to the zone to use flying only areas.
I almost asked if that unlocks it for alts .... man that was almost embarrassing!

Yeah I have it all but one red gem in the first zone and I need to track that mission down, I have all the green done in the second zone I think. (first and second for MSQ mainly)

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I must be the odd duck here, I was entirely fine without flyiing and wouldnt miss it if they removed it from the entire game.
I don't mind not having it the first time through, but leveling alts through the same content without a flying mount is horrible.

Oh, and for anyone worrying about everyone wielding the same weapon:

Artifact weapons can be transmogged into other weapons but not vice versa
And the multi-spec concern:

Blizzard is working on a system for those players who have Artifact weapons but often play more than one spec.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So I read the synopsis of all that.

It sounds like they haven't really done shit yet. They made some videos and some mockups and have some great ideas but it doesn't sound like they have actually been working on it to see if it all works. From the announcement I expected them to be much further along and solid in their plans. I can easily see things getting cut that were announced.

elvis_sl

shitlord
no flying sucked because the terrain in WoD sucked major ass. it was designed to support their stupid leveling on rails which went ultra-linear from A to B to C. so when you tried to go from A to C the terrain would throw you a big "FUCK YOU". the amount of times i saw a node on my minimap and then get stuck on some tiny hill thats JUST steep enough to avoid me from getting up on it. or the dumb "oh sorry, you wanted to get up on that hill ? remember that slightly off-color ramp you passed 5 minutes ago ? yes, thats the one you should've taken. enjoy your ride back".

if the terrain was actually decent and not just some dumb rollercoaster thingy with no overlap i wouldn't mind no flying as much, but the way it is, it's just too dumb and discourages you from actually leaving the old beaten path and explore.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
So I read the synopsis of all that.

It sounds like they haven't really done shit yet. They made some videos and some mockups and have some great ideas but it doesn't sound like they have actually been working on it to see if it all works. From the announcement I expected them to be much further along and solid in their plans. I can easily see things getting cut that were announced.
Maybe we will find out something sunday, they are supposed to be releasing more info then.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Maybe we will find out something sunday, they are supposed to be releasing more info then.
I am meaning all the interviews so far have a lot of ambiguity to them like they still have no clue what they are going to do. I know part of that is making sure they don't promise too much.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Real official test server is up in game. Can't join it obviously, but.. interesting. Don't remember test servers ever being up this early.

F2oX3wl.jpg

DavivMcD

Peasant
One thing protecting artifacts from going the way of the Path of the Titans is the art. Their art team sucks up a huge chunk of the budget/time in developing new content. If they can get all the weapon designing done in one big chunk and not have to make anything new til the next expansion, that would probably save them quite a bit of work.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think a lot of their "we have an idea but not sure yet" is just PR speak since everything is subject to change in alpha and a lot of it covers important systems that would cause a shitstorm when announced and/or changed.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I guess they are almost beta-ready regarding the content itself (zones/dungeons/raids/quests/etc). Game-systems on the other hand will probably change quite a bit until release, especially class changes. I dont see them making large changes to the artifact system they have presented now. The skills will probably change quite a bit, but the basic structure seems solid.

Beta will be announced at Blizzcon and begin December, release will be Q1/2016 (at least i hope so
wink.png
).

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I was hoping they were pushing for a Gamescom reveal because they wanted to get it out in Q4 2015. Why the rush? Trying to keep people subbed?

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They must be shooting for a Q1 release. Announcing at blizzcon would not be in time for a Q1 release.