World of Warcraft: Current Year

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
You had a good healer then, cuz that ain't no joke in TW.

I just lost the fishing tournament by about 45 seconds. Came in third =(
I've been rocking "Salty" since I won that fucker a few years ago, holidays, world events, expansions are the best time to hit it.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
You need your level 3 actually I believe for Tanaan (the shipyard) but that's it, no need to maintain it after
Yup. You don't need to build a single building beyond the original barracks, but you'll need to build a shipyard to unlock Tanaan and 690 Baleful gear, hence a level 3 garrison. You just have to wait until you have enough garrison resources and money.

It's not entirely mandatory, you can actually gear in Tanaan, you just can't improve the Baleful gear to 690 so you rely on random giving you 650-685 stuff. But you can get geared enough to do Citadel LFR and gear further. Alternatively, you can also use PvP in Ashran/BGs to get ilvl 700+ gear, which is exactly like PvE gear, except it has the "pvp stigma" associated (funnily enough, people will give you a hard time if you have some 715 pvp gear but won't say anything about the ilvl 695 raid gear even though it's worse).

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
The Pit of Sauron is not scaled like the rest of the lichking Time Walk dungeons. You will notice that 700+ gear does not do as well as you think it should do. I think Blizzard forgot to change some of the parameters around that particular dungeon and for whatever reason chose to leave it. If I get that instance, I will gear check the tank at the very least. Most of the time it just is not worth the hassle to bother going through it with a pug group.
Pre-scourgelord trash casts Blight which is a disease ticking for 5k on 30k health players and it spreads. Healers don't have the globals to dispel it, so if you have a monk/paladin tank and/or dps, the pulls become a fucking joke, otherwise they become much harder unless everyone stops being AE faggots and actually focuses down one target a time, while interrupting spells. Those trash packs can also be skipped if people know what they are doing, which doesn't really happen anymore I guess.

Timewalking mobs hit quite hard, even on my 720 brewmaster (gear is scaled down), which means I have to actually play instead of sleepwalking through the place. It's still quite easy, but I have to push the right buttons and not smash my forehead on the keyboard. There is a trinket, the one that gives stamina stacks I forgot the name and you lose stacks if you go below 60% hp, which is bugged as shit, a friend has it and it stacks a wagon of stamina pre pull, it brought his brewmaster at 140k hp in old kingdom: healing was just that much safer
biggrin.png

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Whoops I Was tossing baleful stuff I was getting, totally forgot I could upgrade it. Most of my stuff is 685 though, so I guess it's not a big deal.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Am I missing something? I thought gear didn't mean shit in ANY timewalking dungeon. I wasted a couple afternoons putting together an ideal set of heroic ICC raid gear including set bonuses, the exalted ring proc, trinkets, and Shadowmourne, and it felt the same as if I were wearing level 80 shitty quest greens and blues.
Sockets bro.
My timewalking set is a mix of SoO stuff, Cata era items, Cata legendary staff, MoP legendary cloak, ICC ring, I think there's a crafted bracer in there somewhere too. As has been said, +10 main stat or +5main/+10sec stat gems work really well. Even took my JC through Magister's a few times to unlock the cuts so I can cash in on timewalking.
Plus don't forget, if you use old expansion gear you have access to enchants that don't work on ilvl 600++ items.

I did the five dungeons for the quest and usually had around 5k dps when the next guy had 2k dps.

Did I mention I got Mimiron's head a lockout or two ago? 11 total kills of Yogg 25+0.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Good to know the missions don't spawn enough for BE to matter. Just got the oil rig yesterday, definitely a nice thing to have. I hate tanaan jungle.
BE ships are good with an early shipyard for the oil rig. Two ships knock that mission down to 4 hours, so you can crank out oil like crazy for boat rerolls. You only get 400 oil per run, and boats like the carrier take 200.

Throw some fishing nets on them for free fish to sell ( the enormous fish caught counts toward the Draenor angler achievement).

Something to keep in mind while you're building the perfect setup.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Whoever mentioned Ashran for gearing was right. Get into 1 good Ashran and you can be full rare/epic 700/710 in like 4 hours.

Khane

Honor and conquest. Repeatable conquest quest for 750 a pop and from some rares, and honor from kills, turn ins, objective control etc. If you're in a good group you can pull 3-4k honor an hour + 750-1500 conquest. And you get loot boxes for winning events and killing the Alliance leader that can have blue ilvl 700 honor gear in them.

If you're in a shit group it's not even worth doing though.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah seems like some items do scale well. Had a pug where two people had legendary weapons in PoS and it was a cakewalk. Then I ran it again with a regular pug and we wiped on four times lol.

Argarth

On the verandah
Honor and conquest. Repeatable conquest quest for 750 a pop and from some rares, and honor from kills, turn ins, objective control etc. If you're in a good group you can pull 3-4k honor an hour + 750-1500 conquest. And you get loot boxes for winning events and killing the Alliance leader that can have blue ilvl 700 honor gear in them.

If you're in a shit group it's not even worth doing though.
OR...

If you are fed up with garbage groups, AND you are running a Rogue or Druid, just download the Ashran Treasures addon, join when your server isoff-peak/dead, then run round in circles collecting all the treasures and turn in for honor. Several hundred to >1000 honor per lap, but you mustn't die at all to get the full rewards (hence stealth required). Try and be on the opposite side of the map from the zerg as much as possible for the treasure re-spawns, and don't fight anyone.

Oh, and turn off chat so you are not annoyed by the leader screaming at people (i.e you) for not playing the actual game =)

After gearing my Rogue in Ashran the "normal" way, I went this way with my Druid and actually geared her up sooner, even though she can't run nearly as fast in stealth as a rogue.

(edit: sorry, it's not really an add-on, you need to run a couple of macros (after zone in) that make all the nodes visible in Tom-Tom. Pretty easy to google for the waypoint lists)

Khane

Can't you use the Routes addon instead of using tom tom and waypoints?

Dom_sl

shitlord
Anyone that wants to win the STV fishing tourney should just create a character on Earthen Ring-US. It has a mega small CRZ due to it being RP and some other reasons, which results in maybe 20 people max competing for it. I won it the first time I tried, and the following 3 weeks after that. The closest win I got was with a 70 second lead.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Anyone that wants to win the STV fishing tourney should just create a character on Earthen Ring-US. It has a mega small CRZ due to it being RP and some other reasons, which results in maybe 20 people max competing for it. I won it the first time I tried, and the following 3 weeks after that. The closest win I got was with a 70 second lead.
Yeah but how many people invited you to use your "Winning Rod" on them at Goldshire during it?

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Thanks for the advice. I've been trying lately for the heirloom ring but I always get smoked because I'm on a huge CRZ. There's always 5-8 people rushing to each pool everytime they pop.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Not a bad suggestion. I'll make a character over there while I've still got an active RAF going.

Khane

Sitting here trying to form a raid group for Savage Whale Shark, 10 minutes nobody has joined