World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Any mod that detects the purple chests in Tanaan?
I happen to be an old school dwarf (i.e. I had detect treasure active when the patch hit), so I have almost all of them pinned on Gathermate. Outside of that, don't think you can track them.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I happen to be an old school dwarf (i.e. I had detect treasure active when the patch hit), so I have almost all of them pinned on Gathermate. Outside of that, don't think you can track them.
Having some feels right now. Back in Vanilla that was a lifesaver for when I farmed SM graveyard for twink blues

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea Gathermate saves the data for anything you collect but I'm surprised nobody has a data module for chests for it or handynotes. I've looked of course but can't find a data module for the fel corrupted apexis/garrison resource/random baleful chests/shards in Tanaan.

Khane

You should just pick dps stats, tanks now utilize those for defense. As been said, get a lot of sockets, get Shadowmourne if you are a DK or hope you have the heirloom 1hander that dropped off Garrosh (Hellscream Doomblade iirc, it has 2 sockets) and also the heirloom shield (another 2 sockets).
SoO sets can be interesting, depending on class (for example Shadow Priest set boosts Mind Blast a fuckton, so it's a really good set for dps), also some trinkets do scaring amounts of damage.
Here is an interesting spreadsheet, for all classes, it may not be perfect, but it gives you an idea of where to start:

Timewalking BiS - Google Sheets
Thanks. Wish I had the MoP heirlooms, didn't play at all during that expac though.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Anyone know where to find a list of servers that don't have any CRZ's? I know there are at least a few out there.
Basically, you can have a CRZ with any server of the same type (PvE/RP/PvP/RPvP) in the same datacenter. The only realms with the smallest CRZ would probably by the oceanian RP realms.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I have avoided pvp since Cata. Decided to give it a go this weekend to fuck around on my Ret. Did a few hours of ashran for the first time. So aside from not fully understanding the objectives or how the group decides what's next, it seemed the biggest issue is a bit of concession to get buffs. Seemed you ended up with a lot of win trading.

Anyway. It was fun for me regardless. That said, wtf is up with near bis gear coming from PVP now?! Was telling a buddy it was like when I'm tbc you'd get a few key pieces of pve and put all pvp on to get pve ready the fastest. Resilience is gone. Is pvp just dictated by pve stats again?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
God I hope so

Two gear sets was aids
Legion seems to change all that. Basically, in Legion, you have one PvP stat. ilvl. That's it.

All of your stats, including secondaries are calculated from ilvl. And what I saw on web sites is that pvp gear would have: ilvl, sta, int/str/agi. That's it. Nothing else, including any secondary stats.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I have avoided pvp since Cata. Decided to give it a go this weekend to fuck around on my Ret. Did a few hours of ashran for the first time. So aside from not fully understanding the objectives or how the group decides what's next, it seemed the biggest issue is a bit of concession to get buffs. Seemed you ended up with a lot of win trading.

Anyway. It was fun for me regardless. That said, wtf is up with near bis gear coming from PVP now?! Was telling a buddy it was like when I'm tbc you'd get a few key pieces of pve and put all pvp on to get pve ready the fastest. Resilience is gone. Is pvp just dictated by pve stats again?
All the same stats are used for pvp and pve. However, the stat priority is typically different for PvP. Versatility is much more important whereas many specs/classes avoid it like the plague in PvE.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider

PVP Gear also autoinflates ilevel in pvp. Like the base purple stuff is 710 and jumps to like 730 or 740 when youre in ashran/bgs/arena. So its about equivalent to the early hellfire heroic drops.

Mughal

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Basically I want to find the lowest pop non-CRZ server I can to mount/pet farm.
It's a hit and miss. I lvld a 100 on the lowest pop I could find. But ended up finding the rares I needed on a high pop server + realm hop including the voidtalon.

Bain

I just started this up again about three weeks ago on Alliance and am for some reason having fun. Any other Alliance folks out there interested in RBGs or Heroic HFC? I've managed to switch to a completely new class and have gained the desire to venture into uncharted waters(for me at least) with rated BGs as I did arena semi-seriously before but have never done these. It's been surprisingly fun. Interested parties just shoot me a friend request on battle net @bain#1386 and lets kill players or dragons.

Khane

So I've had Tradeskillmaster installed for some time and just basically used it for its tooltip functionality. Tonight I decided to start looking at it in depth for buying/selling/crafting.

Holy shit... this is the craziest addon I've ever seen. It's got more functionality than a lot of production consumer software I've seen. It's nuts.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We had Vitality in the rerolled guild and he was a TSM master. The dude did nothing but play the AH, making insane profits and feeding the guild bank. It's a shame he quit. He'd probably be able to put together a crazy guide for taht stuff.

Tenks

We had Vitality in the rerolled guild and he was a TSM master. The dude did nothing but play the AH, making insane profits and feeding the guild bank. It's a shame he quit. He'd probably be able to put together a crazy guide for taht stuff.
Which is funny because I thought he'd do the same in PoE since it is economy on steroids but he said he didn't do it too much in PoE because it was too difficult. I wanted to see him rolling in fat exalts and mirrors.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Every time I max out GR I buy reroll tokens to try to make every active follower have either mount, scavenger, or treasure hunter.

This seems a less pathetic game than using GR on the pennies worth of mats you can buy off the trader. I'm pretty sure it'd have been faster to just use the inn, though.

Also, it's saddens me to have a treasure hunting inscriptionist.

DavivMcD

Peasant
This seems a less pathetic game than using GR on thepennies worth of matsyou can buy off the trader. I'm pretty sure it'd have been faster to just use the inn, though.
Step 1: Buy dust
Step 2: Process enchanting work orders
Step 3: ?
Ste[ 4: Profit

20 GR gets you 5 dust, which gets you 4 fractured crystals. On my servers, that translates to roughly 13k-15k gold for processing a full 10k GR cache. For some reason, T1 crafted weapons (both smithing and inscription) are still selling for thousands of gold on many servers too; you can make a silly huge profit on GR that way.