World of Warcraft: Current Year

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Celestalon wrote to explain to all alpha brewmasters that they are not good, while he is, that Brewmaster (currently exploding when looked at sideways by mobs on alpha) is overpowered and players just don't get it and a bunch of extra nonsense. The average monk reply sees to be "fuck you, I'll switch main".
The new Brewmaster is stupid, boring, retarded and unintuitive, plus a tad broken and frankly it's not even a little bitfun. It was pretty much perfect, now it's shit that shits shit and he and his developer friends can play and be one of the 10 BrM left in WoW.

Shadow priest seems fun, will probably end up being shit in half the content, but at least it's fun.

I guess I'll play Death Knight once again.
The problem with BrM is that you can keep ISB up 100% of the time, which is overpowered in raids where the smoothing is the only thing that matters, but sucks ass in anything below that where healer mana for healing tanks actually matters.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you don't purify, you are going to die horribly, so 100% uptime on ISB is unlikely to happen. Anyway new brm isn't really fun, which is the main problem.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
If you don't purify, you are going to die horribly, so 100% uptime on ISB is unlikely to happen. Anyway new brm isn't really fun, which is the main problem.
In raids? Absolutely not. HoT spam/Beacon will handle the stagger dot no matter how high it gets, most important is not to get gibbed and ISB does that better than any other tank's toolbox. In like 5 mans or challenge modes this is absolutely a problem.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
In raids? Absolutely not. HoT spam/Beacon will handle the stagger dot no matter how high it gets, most important is not to get gibbed and ISB does that better than any other tank's toolbox. In like 5 mans or challenge modes this is absolutely a problem.
Then ISB is Shuffle, but done wrong, shuffle just happened, sure you had to keep an eye on it, but you were in control and not limited by charges and cooldowns, only Chi management. Without ISB BrM is shit, which makes it a problem for all monks. Also I believe that unless tank swapping is quite frequent, the dot risks to get way too high for random semi-passive healing to be enough.

Cybsled

Part of the reason I haven't bothered coming back to WoW. They felt great in MoP, then they got nerfed and homogenized into oblivion.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gotta pull gold out of the economy somehow after WoD gave it away for free in mass. I passed 1.6 million gold this week and make 250,000+ a month.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Part of the reason I haven't bothered coming back to WoW. They felt great in MoP, then they got nerfed and homogenized into oblivion.
This is why I always play new classes the Expansion they're released. They always feel fantastic (and are often overpowered, but that's not really related to how smooth their gameplay flows), because the devs haven't had time to second-guess themselves and dick the whole thing over too hard. WW monk was massively overhauled each content patch of MoP, and you could just feel the clunk growing each time the devs went back in with their hacksaws.

Although Rune of Re-Origination WW Monk is honestly some of the most fun I've had playing a melee DPS class in raids. Bending your entire spec and behavior around one trinket that, in exchange, gave you moments (not constant, just instances) of absolute godliness just felt great. The fact that you had to wait till Thunderking to get your Trinket and unlock basically a new way of playing the class just made those first Normal/Heroic Thunderking kills feel all the better. One of the few times I've actually been excited about a piece of loot since WOTLK (Girth'talak being the other) was seeing that Heroic Thunderforged RoRo drop. Unfortunately, it forced them to fuck with WW mastery/playstyle AGAIN to make it non-functional, because bad players pouted about not wanting to have to time their abilities properly.

xzi

Mouthbreather
The neat lookingSpider Mountis not a cash-shop mount! It will, however, cost 100,000 Gold (As of Alpha) to purchase.
Not a cash shop mountyetuntil people show real interest lmao like all the rep mounts of WoD that got put in the shop and replaced by boars.

Either way, I hope it isn't cash shop because I never knew how badly I needed a spider mount until right now.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider

Unfortunately, it forced them to fuck with WW mastery/playstyle AGAIN to make it non-functional, because bad players pouted about not wanting to have to time their abilities properly.
I'm starting to wonder if the devs themselves are the bad players...

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Not a cash shop mountyetuntil people show real interest lmao like all the rep mounts of WoD that got put in the shop and replaced by boars.

Either way, I hope it isn't cash shop because I never knew how badly I needed a spider mount until right now.
You can pay money to look at spider's butthole in WoW ? What a world we live in.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
100+ pulls on Gorefiend now. We're getting to 2nd feast pretty consistently now but after that the mouth breathers panic and forget to run shared fate together or eat it to touch of doom in the back of the room. Trying to recruit new people but that means spending off days running them through heroic...

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Then ISB is Shuffle, but done wrong, shuffle just happened, sure you had to keep an eye on it, but you were in control and not limited by charges and cooldowns, only Chi management. Without ISB BrM is shit, which makes it a problem for all monks. Also I believe that unless tank swapping is quite frequent, the dot risks to get way too high for random semi-passive healing to be enough.
With the new changes Monks are looking extremely overpowered, to be honest. With the orb talent you get two Ox orbs whenever you take 100% of your max HP in damage. Each orb heals for 25% of max HP and you can expel harm them in from 30 yards away. That means that as long as you can avoid getting gibbed, you self-heal for half the damage you take. Well, ISB is the perfect skill to prevent getting gibbed. You're literally a strictly better Death Knight.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Except when Purifying becomes mandatory, else the stagger dot kills the monk, in which case the lack of ISB could be deadly. Either way I still don't like GotOx (never did to be honest), but I can see why having a controlled heal is better than having a random one.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
I got to play some alpha finally and since i usually main tanks I decided to try out tank dh, brewmaster, prot paladin and prot warrior. Honestly, warrior felt the same in the too much shit to spam that don't feel like it does anything. If you like it on live you will probably like it in legion

Brewmaster felt so neutered because the last time I truly played hard content was mythic BRF and I have a video memory of me alone being able to solo the last few percents of Kromog while my guild cheered on. I loved that iteration of the class, the new thing with chi removed, guard, expel harm... It just feels bad. People had praised the animations with the new staff as well but I'm honestly not that big of a fan. How they couldn't figure out to give us a 1hand staff with a keg offhand is beyond me

Prot paladin felt pretty meh as well. Vengeance demonhunter was... so-so. You didn't have a lot of buttons and the sigils just seem like a very random thing to add. My best part about playing DH was the dps spec's talent which removed your "fury builder" and made you passively gain fury from autoattacks. I really digged that, because at this point I am pretty tired of legions model of "spam this ability 5 times without a cooldown and no damage"

I'm not sold on the class design yet. If tanks doesn't become more interesting again I will probably just join the rest of the faceless horde and bring the ash