World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Garrison is absolutely stupid shit. It was barely cool at the beginning of the expansion, but I really wanted to ignore it later. Unforunately, they started throwing upgrades at us for raids through missions so I still had to keep up with it. Even though it took 3 minutes a day that was too much.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It'll be interesting to see how.much the next convenience gold sink item (think mammoth, yak) will cost. They need to bleed some gold out of the hyperinflated economy or anyone starting or returning after treasure missions are removed will be right fucked.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It'll be interesting to see how.much the next convenience gold sink item (think mammoth, yak) will cost. They need to bleed some gold out of the hyperinflated economy or anyone starting or returning after treasure missions are removed will be right fucked.
That spider mount is allegedly 100k+ and it doesn't even have vendors!

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Garrisons and the ring are the biggest reasons I won't play alts. I kept about 4 characters going at the start of the expansion and now I wish I would have stayed with them. Lessons learned for Legion.

Khane

Garrisons and the ring are the biggest reasons I won't play alts. I kept about 4 characters going at the start of the expansion and now I wish I would have stayed with them. Lessons learned for Legion.
The ring is absolutely retarded. Those 2 day required shipyard missions that are failable... that's cool. Put an 8 day timesink on this thing that I can fail but can't even actively participate in. Sweet.

Qerero

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah, I just resubbed after taking almost all of WoD off, and now I?m trying to decide how I want to spend my (limited) playtime until Legion. I only have one 100 right now, who I?m thinking I will likely not main in Legion, but is the only character I have with the ability to complete the ring quest (currently on BRF), and possibly do some normal/heroic HFC on. I?d rather just start playing around with a couple of classes I?m thinking of playing in Legion, but the lure of seeing the content of the legendary quest and getting it at least once is too much at the moment. I also have no interest at all in starting new garrisons from scratch, so if I want to use one for gold it needs to be this one.

Same here also for sticking with a tighter roster of characters in Legion, with my available playtime I'm going to try to limit myself to two, with a pretty heavy focus on a single main.

Argarth

On the verandah
Well, after that recent nostalgia trip through Westfall, I said fuck it, and re-subbed. I just can't wait until the end of August dammit! Goes to show just how strong the pull of this game remains, after all the years and even the WoD complaints.

Seems like I'm in the same boat with Garrisons. Seven x 100s/4 JC huts/2 Scribe huts and YEP... you guessed it, the very first thing I did was knock out all the hut dailies, and send all the follows out on missions. Thank the gods I have several thousand each of ores/herbs, so I can at least ignore the mines and gardens for now.

I too am going to be much more disciplined in Legion, sticking to my Druid and Rogue I think. Will of course take the Demon Hunter for a spin by default, but so far it doesn't really interest me that much.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the length of time it takes to max out a legendary weapon will be helpful in keeping the number of alternate characters down in Legion. It will not stop it completely, but hopefully they do not initiate another Gold grab method similar to the way garrisons worked. I have 9 level 100's. It takes some time going through all of them. The bad news is that heirlooms are pretty much worthless for me now. I will never be interested in playing a rogue or warrior. I have 100's in every other class and they are even fairly geared thanks to rep farming for the navel oil missions. I will hate to see the easy gold go away but I will also be very grateful to not have to feel the compulsion to check my garrisons everyday, 9 times.

Will be back in a bit. Checking my garrisons..

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Garrison is absolutely stupid shit. It was barely cool at the beginning of the expansion, but I really wanted to ignore it later. Unforunately, they started throwing upgrades at us for raids through missions so I still had to keep up with it. Even though it took 3 minutes a day that was too much.
Same. It was fun for the first month or so then became an absolute chore.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Maybe they could make some unique titles / mogs for the BMAH and see if that can bleed some cash out.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think the length of time it takes to max out a legendary weapon will be helpful in keeping the number of alternate characters down in Legion. It will not stop it completely, but hopefully they do not initiate another Gold grab method similar to the way garrisons worked. I have 9 level 100's. It takes some time going through all of them. The bad news is that heirlooms are pretty much worthless for me now. I will never be interested in playing a rogue or warrior. I have 100's in every other class and they are even fairly geared thanks to rep farming for the navel oil missions. I will hate to see the easy gold go away but I will also be very grateful to not have to feel the compulsion to check my garrisons everyday, 9 times.

Will be back in a bit. Checking my garrisons..
Apparently there will be catchup mechanics for secondary and tertiary specs, but I didn't hear anything about alts.

About the garrisons: I think they were cancer for the game, beside inflating gold to pointless levels (honestly, gold is useless), it offered nothing interesting, just a fucking facebook game and those can rot in hell with the people that play them.
MMOs need vibrant towns, alive, with NPCs, players, all sort of things. One thing I loved of Black Desert was exactly that (except the retarded amount of afk fishermen). Have people socialize, talk to each other, inspect gear, do something, not spam chat from an instanced castle.

Qerero

Golden Knight of the Realm
Apparently there will be catchup mechanics for secondary and tertiary specs, but I didn't hear anything about alts.

About the garrisons: I think they were cancer for the game, beside inflating gold to pointless levels (honestly, gold is useless), it offered nothing interesting, just a fucking facebook game and those can rot in hell with the people that play them.
MMOs need vibrant towns, alive, with NPCs, players, all sort of things. One thing I loved of Black Desert was exactly that (except the retarded amount of afk fishermen). Have people socialize, talk to each other, inspect gear, do something, not spam chat from an instanced castle.
Yeah I think the pointlessness of gold is stopping me from getting too sucked in to the garrison-optimization black hole. I'm not that tempted by the usual gold sink items, so I really only need it for fast-tracking gearing by buying a crafted, or powerleveling a prof (which is also moot now).

About the vibrant towns, from what I've heard the well-populated RP servers are the last sanctuaries of this in WoW and can have a great atmosphere as long as you stay away from Goldshire. They're not great for raiding, though, so it depends what kind of player you are.

Silence_sl

shitlord
The only thing it's good for is pushing my sub towards 2019.

Argarth

On the verandah

Fortunately, I've only really used gold in recent times for the odd BoE early on, or for plugging gear holes for alt leveling, and that's hardly expensive. So I don't need too much gold in the bank anyway.

I agree with the "cancer" comments though. Once Legion hits, I'll be moving all my alts to Dalaran/Class Order Halls, and doing my best to forget that Garrisons ever existed.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If not for the game tokens and the fact that I can play at work, I would never have leveled as many alts for the garrisons. On the plus side, I can pretty much play any class I want with the next expansion, starting at the expansion. I did buy a chicken mount as that was my favorite TCG mount. Got that when the mounts were going for much less than they do now.

Khane

I have the Dormus the Camel Hoarder buff for another 17 minutes, horde side, if anyone wants the mount. You have to come to me but you CAN get to me while I still have the buff. If anyone wants the mount get on, my battle tag is Ritley57#1121.

Reins of the Grey Riding Camel

EDIT: Looks like they fixed this. Even with both of the guys who showed up flying right on top of where they would have seen me if I wasn't phased when I killed and looted I couldn't trade to either of them