World of Warcraft: Current Year

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
If garrisons aren't vomiting gold, the price of tokens will drop. Supply and demand.
In EU the token was 62k gold last I checked, so I never even thought of buying one, I earn 13? much much faster than I can grind 62k gold in a way that doesn't make me want to gouge my eyes out (e.g.: garrisons).
I'm sitting on 400k gold on alliance side and about 180k on horde side which I played less past Cataclysm (and where I had only 1 garrison I took care of). I never buy anything interesting with gold, because I don't collect mounts nor minipets.

Gold is for collectors, that's it, except maybe the occasional tradeskill stuff.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Gold is for collectors, that's it, except maybe the occasional tradeskill stuff.
It's also for altoholics like me. The fact that you can buy exp potions, honor and conquest, gear that's meant for level 100 but is usable at 90, upgrades for that gear that puts it at ilvl 700+, etc, reputation increases, etc.

Khane

So after about 70 hours of mostly nonstop camping poseidus my macro went off and I was like "FINALLY". Do a /who as Im flying over to the trial account I had parked that saw him, and there are 8 people in the zone... The entire time I've been doing this there have never been more than three. Get there and no poseidus.

Think I lost the race and start to weep. But nope, macro goes off again at one of the other spawn points, so I go there and it's some piece of shit alliance hunter who has named their pet Poseidus.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm going to buy that mounteventually, deep into the expansion, but what the fuck. That mount better be able to climb walls and shit

Khane

I'm going to buy that mounteventually, deep into the expansion, but what the fuck. That mount better be able to climb walls and shit
That would actually be really cool. If it was a ground mount that let you climb walls even at the beginning of new expansions before flying was available.

Khane

Has anything been confirmed about the new garrison missions in legion other than treasure hunter and treasure missions no longer exist? For instance will raid gear and also stuff you can sell on the AH still come from them? What happens to the WoD garrisons/followers in Legion?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I imagine nothing will happen. They can't remove it from the game as its directly tied to the progression of the expansion. It's not too hard to remove all the treasure hunter/missions though.

Khane

Well I'm just wondering if things like Champion's Honor (new versions) and Medallion of the Legion will continue to drop. Because if yes you can still make decent money from the Garrisons even after treasure hunter missions are removed.

Rime

<Donor>
Well I'm just wondering if things like Champion's Honor (new versions) and Medallion of the Legion will continue to drop. Because if yes you can still make decent money from the Garrisons even after treasure hunter missions are removed.
Champion's Honor will be useless when the new PVP season starts. They are changed to a vendor only item when that happens.

As Medallion of the Legion only gives the WoD reputations, then I do not see why they would remove it.

Khane

Champion's Honor will be useless when the new PVP season starts. They are changed to a vendor only item when that happens.
Each season the previous season's version turns to a grey item and they give a new version, was wondering if they said they would still be doing that.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I think it's safe to bet that they will do their best to minimize the incentive to use your garrisons after hitting reaching level 100 when Legion is the current expansion. The obvious first steps were removing gold missions. I'm sure as they identify the other reasons players would park alts in their old garrisons they will remove those reasons as well.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
I got to play some legion again and since I didn't like the feel of playing the tanking classes I decided to try the holy paladin scenario and became very... interested. I really like the revamp to the spec and feel it's about damn time they put me at the frontline and the idea of having an aura with a fairly limited radius is GREAT.

I got so into it that I resubbed on live and started playing my shit-geared paladin from before with all the goodies (deadly glad, full tier 3 etc) and am planning on buying an archimonde boost on it - why not, 15k for 2 chances at getting either trinket/healing mace. Am actually somewhat enjoying tanaan again crazy as that sounds.

All of this because Kronos 2 kept getting DDOSED and I couldn't do deadmines as I had planned
frown.png

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
100% certain that Champion Honor and the honor missions (which unlock once you've got 4k valor from pvp) will no longer spawn, because that would make a content from previous expansion useful for the current one. The Medallion will probably still exist because it's only useful for its expansion. The doubtful one is the XP potion; even if it's limited to XP below 100, it could be considered as too "useful" to stay. They probably won't even remove the raid caches since the gear will be useless except for xmog if you're missing some.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Each season the previous season's version turns to a grey item and they give a new version, was wondering if they said they would still be doing that.
There is no honor in Legion, right? It's all being converted to an xp bar at 110 and the gear is 100% strongboxes.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I think honor is still around; it'll just be a different form of experience instead of a currency. I find it extremely unlikely that those token will give honor in legion though.