World of Warcraft: Current Year

Needless

Toe Sucker
I was in ashran last night for awhile on my monk, i didn't really die but i had the trump card of: nimble brew into flying serpent kick and rolls to gtfo lol

I only played the Alpha when it first came out and so many things were broken with the DH i didn't bother going past 101, i should probably try the beta now that it's been a few months later

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was in ashran last night for awhile on my monk, i didn't really die but i had the trump card of: nimble brew into flying serpent kick and rolls to gtfo lol

I only played the Alpha when it first came out and so many things were broken with the DH i didn't bother going past 101, i should probably try the beta now that it's been a few months later
Yup a paladin friend basically waits for his bubbles to be up wades in smacks things a few times then bubbles out rinse repeat. You pretty much have to joust if you are a melee get in hit a couple times and flee.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I guess it isn't completely dumb but it seems weird to give away WoW if you buy a ticket to the Warcraft movie. Is anyone really going to see that movie, be unaware of what WoW is, and be dying to try it out for the first time? Not to mention since WoW is ancient the CGI of the movie may set some unrealistic expectations of the 6 poly bunnies you have to kill at level 1.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
That tentacle trinket is just so good. I can't count the number of people I have given the bag that gives that to and at first are like meh and then I tell them stick it on an alt and just try the click effect. That thing is SOOO good for fast leveling.
I usually spend some time with the /who command trying to find lowbies who still need it. I get so many from alts I just want to give them away. It's funny how skeptical people are these days. I've had people try to accuse me of scamming them or wanting something in return. God forbid anyone does something nice for someone online.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
I guess it isn't completely dumb but it seems weird to give away WoW if you buy a ticket to the Warcraft movie. Is anyone really going to see that movie, be unaware of what WoW is, and be dying to try it out for the first time? Not to mention since WoW is ancient the CGI of the movie may set some unrealistic expectations of the 6 poly bunnies you have to kill at level 1.
I thought this way too, until I was talking with some of my nephews this weekend and they say they are definitely going to see the movie, even though none of them have played the game. And thanks to south park and twitch, i'm pretty sure their expectations are in check.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I usually spend some time with the /who command trying to find lowbies who still need it. I get so many from alts I just want to give them away. It's funny how skeptical people are these days. I've had people try to accuse me of scamming them or wanting something in return. God forbid anyone does something nice for someone online.
Bah!

I have 10 garrisons going and only just this week did it finally pop up on one of my characters... my newest 100... who only has a 49% chance of success with his best current team.

DavivMcD

Peasant
Could be RNG, but remember you need to have 675 ilvl on your own character and at least 3 675 followers for it to even have a chance to show up.

Khane

All of my characters have at least 10 at 675 and are 675+ themselves. Just bad RNG

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Bah!

I have 10 garrisons going and only just this week did it finally pop up on one of my characters... my newest 100... who only has a 49% chance of success with his best current team.
Damn only had 4 or 5 garrisons going and that thing was popping up constantly

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Same. I was destroying them because I couldn't even give them away.
That reminds me, people from the guild are starting to drift back (because release date announced), I should give them before they get to find one.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Same. I was destroying them because I couldn't even give them away.
Yup I pretty much saturated my guild and all their friends with them. I put them up on the ah for 1gp when I get them the problem is true newbies do not understand what the bag gives and that it is useful to them and weird random bags like that make them think its a scam of some kind.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Is there a 2-year cap on being paid up with tokens? I went to buy a token today and got You have too many of that item error message. I've been buying them at the rate of about 1 a week for a while now, never more than that.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So I am sucked back in after the free trial and WoD thing. I still feel lost after 3 plus years away from the game on all the different things and I'll probably burn myself out on trying to play catch up with everything before the expansion. I wouldn't mind leveling a few new characters to max and prepare for legion. Right now I have some Alliance Characters on Korgath that I played through most of Cata and the first part of MoP before I quit, and I have a couple of Horde Characters on Mal'Ganis that I have had since Vanilla. Right now over the last 2 weeks I have gotten my old Warrior up to level 100 and just about ilvl 700 since you get free loot through PvP which seems to negate 99.9% of all the content sadly.

I am still trying to figure out how to get all my garrison and navel buildings and followers to max, and I am interested in checking out as much of the content I can before legion. Sadly nobody I know really plays the game anymore, and when I logged in to the rerolled guild there was only 1 other person on. If there are a few people who are willing to help me catch up on the game a bit I would appreciate it. Even if it's guiding me through some mythic dungeons and things. I am working on my tanking set for that as well. I wouldn't mind finding a group or two to prepare for legion and I would probably server transfer if I found the right set of people. Anyways shoot me a message on here or in game if anyone has extra time to get an old timer fully back into the swing of things. My friends list is filled with board members but most are on hearthstone or D3 these days.

Boozecube#1634

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would recommend just chilling and saving the urge to play for legion. The prepatch is only a month or two away and it will bring tons of players back.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I'll add you after I get to my computer tonight Booze. I'm kinda in the same position as you. I don't know the dungeons, but I'd be willing to do them with my Shaman on Hyjal.

Otherwise all I'm doing is trying to finish the Draenor flying achievement.

Khane

I am still trying to figure out how to get all my garrison and navel buildings and followers to max, and I am interested in checking out as much of the content I can before legion.
After getting 10 garrisons and shipyards up and running since February I think I've got down the best way to approach maxing them out the fastest. But my method requires flying because it involves farming Radiating Apexis Shards in Tanaan Jungle.

The buildings I recommend are Barracks lvl1 (because you get it for free), Stables lvl1 (Because you can interact with objects and farm while mounted), Salvage Yard lvl3 (For follower gear and also a chance at TMog gear which sells very well), Jewelcrafting hut lvl2 (For 200g per day with Olin Umberhide assigned), Frostwolf Tavern lvl2 (So you can immediately start hiring treasure find/scavenger followers) and Trading Post lvl3 (So you can get some passive Garrison Resources but more importantly get 20% to all rep gains which makes getting your oil rig a few days faster). I skip the lumber yard completely because while it is passive GR gain you have to farm the lumber for it and if I'm gonna farm I'd rather farm GR itself.

With stables so you don't dismount while gathering you can get 5-6k Garrison Resources per hour farming Radiating Apexis shards using this route:

It takes a few laps to understand exactly where they spawn but after you know where they spawn you can zip around the entire route in about 2 minutes. Added bonus is that these also drop baleful gear. I recommend using the Routes addon and making your own custom route based on the TomTom coords in that video. This way you don't have to keep putting the waypoints back in every lap.

With those resources I recommend first getting an optimal shipyard setup for gold returns:
Best shipyard setup for 100% all gold missions? : wow

I wouldn't try getting the right ship crews until after you've got a level 3 shipyard because it's better to be able to just throw whatever ships you have at any and all treasure missions without caring if they fail and sink to go from level 2 to 3. It makes it go a bit faster. Spend your garrison resources on Shipyard Rush Orders until you've got most of the right ship crews then start outfitting them with the correct ship enhancements.

After that's done start using the Garrison Resources to reroll your followers traits. You can buy trait reroll scrolls from your garrison quartermaster for 1k GR each. After you've got a couple treasure hunters/scavengers I'd replace the stables with a War Mill to start using that to get gear upgrades for your followers.

Also, if you have gold to spare look forFrozen Arms of a Heroon the AH. I typically buy them at 450 to 600g. They increase both armor and weapon ilvl for your followers by 50 and are completely worth spending the gold on since you need ilvl 675 on 3 followers and 650 on another 7 to get the best missions to show up. Also upgrade your Tavern to level 3 once you have a few ilvl 650+ followers to get the best treasure find missions.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Thanks Khane, thats actually pretty helpful. Luckily I started with most of the buildings you are suggesting except for the Trading Post. I might need to switch something out for that.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Is there a 2-year cap on being paid up with tokens? I went to buy a token today and got You have too many of that item error message. I've been buying them at the rate of about 1 a week for a while now, never more than that.
The cap is 36 tokens within a 24 month period. Stated more simply, you can buy 36 tokens, and each token has a 2 year cooldown. I bought my first 10 tokens on April 18, 2015 and an 11th token on April 19, 2015. When April 18, 2017 rolls around I can buy 10 more tokens, but I can't buy another token until April 19, 2015 because the "11th" token would still be on cooldown for one more day.

I haven't paid for a sub with cash since the token system went live and am subbed through March 2018. Obviously if you've paid (or been unsubbed) for any months since April 2015, your maximum potential sub length will be farther out.

Hope that helps.