World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
So are Garrison's just worthless in Legion because of the class halls?
Yup. It was only intended to be used in a single expansion, which is why it's located on Draenor, and not an instance in Stormwind or something. The Class Halls might be re-used in the expansion after Legion, but I'm doubtful.

They've been careful about removing anything that might be relevant (no gold, no transmog greens); the only thing that might be used is if you switch professions, it offers a dozen of skill points per day up to Legion levels (you don't even have to harvest stuff, just use your useless GR with a trading post vendor to get what you need for that day's craft).

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I didn't know you could get back in the game without having to resub :

fJHf7VK.png

Nice feature.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
After the absolute glut of gold that Draenor and Fishing/Follower missions have provided, it makes sense for them to put in a way to bleed some of that excess from the system.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Tokens are almost 100k gold on that server? Damn. I thought they were getting pricey on mine at 47k per.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not to mention they make 20 dollars off each token instead of 15 for a normal sub.
And I have had friends start account on new servers or people resubbing after being gone for a long time and 20 bucks is a hell of a kick starter worth of gold for random purchases/garrison/heirlooms.

rmack_sl

shitlord
And I have had friends start account on new servers or people resubbing after being gone for a long time and 20 bucks is a hell of a kick starter worth of gold for random purchases/garrison/heirlooms.
Gold is so easy to accumulate nowa days in wow that it's kinda even pointless to even RMT it heh. I ran a few heroics then did all my daily LFRs and ended up with like 4k gold.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
So are Garrison's just worthless in Legion because of the class halls? Since garrison is Draenor only stuff I don't see it ever being used again.
Pretty much only use would be achivements/transmog look from some of the raid level gear things which I think will still drop as they are just for looks in legion.

Khane

Gold is so easy to accumulate nowa days in wow that it's kinda even pointless to even RMT it heh. I ran a few heroics then did all my daily LFRs and ended up with like 4k gold.
If you have a level 100 you can go run the old raids and walk away with about 20k gold in one day without even trying to sell any transmog gear you pick up.

And you can do that the second you hit 100, in complete shit gear.

Needless

Toe Sucker
If you have a level 100 you can go run the old raids and walk away with about 20k gold in one day without even trying to sell any transmog gear you pick up.

And you can do that the second you hit 100, in complete shit gear.
Which raids drop this kind of $$ when you solo it? can you even faceroll through MoP raids and shit at this point?

Khane

No you can't really solo MoP raids, but all the WoTLK raids and especially the Cata raids still drop a lot of coin (just make sure to kill and loot everything).

It takes a lot of time and is really boring though. I'm also kind of exaggerating, 20k if you sell shit on the AH and have patience. 10k is probably guaranteed if you just vendor everything though, or DE and sell the mats.

Xaven

Molten Core Raider

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
For people starting fresh on a new server or if they missed wod and the heirloom stuff it is actually pretty handy. Friend did this and it allowed him to deck a couple alts in full sets of heirloom stuff and gave him enough cash left over to buy a good set of bags for his characters and glyphs and power level some tradeskill stuff he was messing around with.

I would agree once you are established even at higher levels just doing stuff rains money these days but I can see some cases where dropping money on the token is useful.

Khane

If you just want to make some quick gold Firelands is the place to go, and pop a potion of treasure finding and kill all the trash.

Dragon Soul SUUUUUUUUCKS. I hate that place.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
No you can't really solo MoP raids, but all the WoTLK raids and especially the Cata raids still drop a lot of coin (just make sure to kill and loot everything).

It takes a lot of time and is really boring though. I'm also kind of exaggerating, 20k if you sell shit on the AH and have patience. 10k is probably guaranteed if you just vendor everything though, or DE and sell the mats.
Oh very much this doing WOTLK/cata level raids is pretty easy for most of the fights and is worth a TON of cash. Friend was hunting for something from firelands so we ran this a bunch a few months ago if your bags are empty when you go in you get a lot of sell bait and cash from the bosses if you are doing it on 20 man heroic mode.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I hate making gold, I have zero use for it except to buy me an enchant or a piece of shit crafted stuff that I can't be arsed to self produce. Nonetheless I made about half a million gold without even trying. You sneeze and it comes out as 3k gold, you do a couple raids for transmog and ops you get a couple thousand... it's ridiculous.
On another note: I have a paladin in crap gear, I believe 685 tops, most of it is timewalking and a few pieces are from mythic dungeons, Kazzak and the 715 Heirloom trinket. I play mostly holy, I sometimes queue as protection, which is the spec I farm with as well.
Now... considering I gnored this character for most of WoD life, am I still in time to get a legendary ring or I'm shit out of luck? Not that I'm looking forward too much at the grind a 5th time (monk, priest, hunter and druid have their toy), but I'm not sure when the questline gets removed. I can shortcut extremely fast the Highmaul part, usually inside a week, beginning of second week if I'm really unlucky, but the BRF part is tragically long. It's 900 fucking fragments, also there is all the work on the shipyard... uuuurghhh!

I'm really interested in playing Holy pala for Legion, the spec seems cool enough for my taste, but I'd feel bad without the orange toy, sigh... decisions.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hate making gold, I have zero use for it except to buy me an enchant or a piece of shit crafted stuff that I can't be arsed to self produce. Nonetheless I made about half a million gold without even trying. You sneeze and it comes out as 3k gold, you do a couple raids for transmog and ops you get a couple thousand... it's ridiculous.
On another note: I have a paladin in crap gear, I believe 685 tops, most of it is timewalking and a few pieces are from mythic dungeons, Kazzak and the 715 Heirloom trinket. I play mostly holy, I sometimes queue as protection, which is the spec I farm with as well.
Now... considering I gnored this character for most of WoD life, am I still in time to get a legendary ring or I'm shit out of luck? Not that I'm looking forward too much at the grind a 5th time (monk, priest, hunter and druid have their toy), but I'm not sure when the questline gets removed. I can shortcut extremely fast the Highmaul part, usually inside a week, beginning of second week if I'm really unlucky, but the BRF part is tragically long. It's 900 fucking fragments, also there is all the work on the shipyard... uuuurghhh!

I'm really interested in playing Holy pala for Legion, the spec seems cool enough for my taste, but I'd feel bad without the orange toy, sigh... decisions.
Honestly if you don't have the ring yet don't feel you need to get it. I strongly doubt it will stay viable for much other than basic leveling stuff in legion pretty much on par with the pandaria cloak. It is nice but by the time you get to content where people would care what gear you have it will be obsolete already.

685 is about the intended ilevel to start adventuring in legion. That is what the level 100 premades start with and what you get from the pre invasion item drops.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Who the fuck is buying all these WoW tokens to get gold? I just don't even understand why anyone would pay $20 for fucking gold in a game where it's trivial to obtain it.