World of Warcraft: Current Year

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
More old God stuff would be great as long as there's some resolution to it.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
They should have a teleporter that sends you to other worlds, but they're the ruins and apocalyptic result of previously failed MMOs.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I think the biggest reason why WOD didn't work out lore-wise is because it was set 30 years in the past... in an alternate universe. It's kind of hard to feel attached to something that has no impact on the rest of the story. They made an entire expansion out of a macguffin.

Now what could be an interesting twist is if they use WoD as a launching point for WoW2 (similar to Plane of Time and EQ and EQ2).

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
After hearing their talk post-Titan, I doubt we'll be seeing another MMO out of them.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Do you mean their talk in general or that mini documentary they put out about Overwatch and Titan?

xzi

Mouthbreather
Titan being a new IP is much more different than just making a WoW 2 with a new engine and expanding the Lore much more than they are right now. I don't think they will ever make a WoW 2, but quite a lot of groundwork is already done if they really want to.

As for WoD, I didn't necessarily hate it, the zones were massive and beautiful, the questing was phenomenal (at least for the first time), the raids were top tier.. but just the lack of any story that meant anything at all was a real turnoff. I can even excuse them fucking up their own lore and then blaming time travel, but there was nothing there. A few questchains like where we resolve the issue with Garrosh are the only thing that stand out to me. Gul'dan didn't do anything except set up the story for the Movie && Legion. That's it. And he was the "big bad" of WoD. The "big bad" that ran away constantly and made other people fight for him. How the fuck am I supposed to give a shit about him as a villain?

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
Underground / underwater could work if it was like atlantis. If we have to swim, it's going to suck, period. Some people like vashjir but most of us probably do not. Underground sounds hella interesting though, I'd love to find trogg and kobold cities and whatever old god scary things we can excavate

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
They should have a teleporter that sends you to other worlds, but they're the ruins and apocalyptic result of previously failed MMOs.
That would be fun. It's even in-lore, as the Legion destroys everything across the universe. Alas, the hordes of IP lawyers would be even more fearsome than the Legion.

Featuring the zones:
- The Empire (Warhammer Online)
- Dereth (Asheron's Call 2)
- Telon (Vanguard)
- Brittania (Ultima Online 2)
- Eorzea (FF XIV, you get kicked in another phase every 30mn as the zone relaunches)
- Aerynth, full PvP zone (Shadowbane)

(Lesser MMOs can make dungeons, such as Beyond, a dungeon you play entirely on space vehicles, from Earth & Beyond)

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
I think the biggest reason why WOD didn't work out lore-wise is because it was set 30 years in the past... in an alternate universe. It's kind of hard to feel attached to something that has no impact on the rest of the story. They made an entire expansion out of a macguffin.
The biggest disappointment to me for WoD storywise is, after the intro cinematic for WoD, I really wanted to join the Iron Horde. That shit looked baller as hell. The Grom's tearin ass across a fertile Draenor, killin demons and smashin goats. It could have been a real good time.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The biggest disappointment to me for WoD storywise is, after the intro cinematic for WoD, I really wanted to join the Iron Horde. That shit looked baller as hell. The Grom's tearin ass across a fertile Draenor, killin demons and smashin goats. It could have been a real good time.
Yes and by the end of the intro quest you bring the entire iron horde to ruin and take any sense of danger away. Lol

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Underground / underwater could work if it was like atlantis. If we have to swim, it's going to suck, period. Some people like vashjir but most of us probably do not. Underground sounds hella interesting though, I'd love to find trogg and kobold cities and whatever old god scary things we can excavate
That does sound fun, I have to admit. Knowing more about the Titans (Loved Ulduar tbh). Or Fel has leaked down into the depths corrupting an entire unknown, intelligent civilization of kobolds over the past 30 years etc. Leading into something like.. Corruption settling around and deep into Undercity. The destruction of Lordaeron originally cutting off the outside world to these Kobolds. Now... These new intelligent, super mutant Kobolds are preparing to march on all major cities of Azeroth. All connected by tunnels leading across the world.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes and by the end of the intro quest you bring the entire iron horde to ruin and take any sense of danger away. Lol
Yes I found that kinda lol. OMG we have to stop the invasion which you do in like 10 minutes in the prequest. At that point the invasion is done and the iron horde could muck up draenor as much as it wants for all it matters to azeroth.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So after 12 years of asking they finally got their heads out of their asses and decided ok different rulesets for spells/abilities in PvP might not be a bad thing after all. Maybe they finally fired the guy who thought it was to confusing for the players.

Saban_sl

shitlord
So after 12 years of asking they finally got their heads out of their asses and decided ok different rulesets for spells/abilities in PvP might not be a bad thing after all. Maybe they finally fired the guy who thought it was to confusing for the players.
Same company thats cool with going over a full year without a content patch.

Or that randomly getting items with a boosted ilvl is somehow something beyond just being an annoyance.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I can't tell if you're complaining about random ilevel upgrades or praising their addition.