World of Warcraft: Current Year

Saban_sl

shitlord
I think its a stupid fucking idea at the raid level. Used to be you'd only have to worry about waiting for an item to drop once and thats the end of it, now you have to wait for it to drop and hope it procs an upgrade. fuck that.

But i guess when you get to do the same shit raid for a year it doesn't matter anymore.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I think its a stupid fucking idea at the raid level. Used to be you'd only have to worry about waiting for an item to drop once and thats the end of it, now you have to wait for it to drop and hope it procs an upgrade. fuck that.

But i guess when you get to do the same shit raid for a year it doesn't matter anymore.
That's exactly it. And how it has been already with war forged. This just adds more ilevels from how I see it.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>

I guess I see it as a non-concern because nothing is tuned with an expectation that you have a full set of +15 ilevel mythic raid gear. It's an exciting bonus, not a requirement to defeat bosses.

I understand that not having the absolute best possible is gonna trigger the completionists out there, but I think that is such an infinitesimally small number of players that it's not really anything the devs should lose sleep over...

DavivMcD

Peasant

So in WoD you were completely inadequate unless you had warforged, socketed, and avoidance on every single piece of gear, right? Because I heard the exact same unfounded anger at that system.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
If it's not needed why add in the first place. It's just another added RNG for no reason. There is no reason there are 70 different raid modes with 30493 versions of each piece of gear.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
The biggest disappointment to me for WoD storywise is, after the intro cinematic for WoD, I really wanted to join the Iron Horde. That shit looked baller as hell. The Grom's tearin ass across a fertile Draenor, killin demons and smashin goats. It could have been a real good time.
Same was hoping to see him as leader of the Horde, but I guess he gets to stay in WoD.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
If it's not needed why add in the first place. It's just another added RNG for no reason. There is no reason there are 70 different raid modes with 30493 versions of each piece of gear.
I can kind of understand your disliking of multiple versions of a single piece of gear. I definitely don't understand why you don't think that a small chance of a small bonus isn't interesting. I thought, "Maybe I'm the only one that feels this way?" and then I remembered the rest of my raid's reaction when something would drop that had a socket or WF upgrade (excited chatter and ooohhs and ahhhhhs and "fuck you" from the guy who coined his 3rd shitty bracers) and realized your opinion is just wrong.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I can kind of understand your disliking of multiple versions of a single piece of gear. I definitely don't understand why you don't think that a small chance of a small bonus isn't interesting. I thought, "Maybe I'm the only one that feels this way?" and then I remembered the rest of my raid's reaction when something would drop that had a socket or WF upgrade (excited chatter and ooohhs and ahhhhhs and "fuck you" from the guy who coined his 3rd shitty bracers) and realized your opinion is just wrong.
Yeah, I can see how the "diablo" style equipment with a suffix/prefix that changes depending on the stat would be annoying for raid level loot, but the WF/socket/bonus-stat stuff was just a little extra.

Rime

<Donor>
I do wish they wouldremovethe ability for Trinkets to have the 'Titanforged' ability. I would say weapons and trinkets, but everyone will have an Artifact weapon, so that point is moot.

Depending on the trinkets, they often become class defining. The difference between an Arcane Mage with a +10 ilvl Prophecy of Fear versus one without is quite large. Same with the Mirror for AGI.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Maybe I lucked out, but when a WF trinket would drop there wasn't ever any serious drama or dilemma with who received it in any of the guilds I was in in WoD.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Hmm, gave my various alts a try out on the PTR.

My initial concerns on over-simplifying seem to be pretty much unfounded, the trees let you add a heap of complexity if you are so inclined - the choice of passive vs cooldown vs extra ability actually made for some interesting choices. It'll probably still end up with something like 'over 500,000 hours of simulated combat, talent X showed a 0.5% advantage, so is mandatory, the other two are shit', but people are people, what can you do ;p

One thing that did surprise me though, was that priest seemed to be in a terrible state. I wanted to give disc a try, and repeatedly failed at the bronze healing in proving grounds. Maybe I just don't get the way it's supposed to work - I tried a few different approaches, but always had the tank splattered on wave 3. Wasn't really expecting that at 700 ilvl. DPS was pretty ass too - was getting ~18k on dummy as shadow, which was way behind the rest of my alts. Was originally planning on focusing on DH and priest for legion, but second guessing that now.

Tanks seemed in a reasonably good state, bear flowed well and was much stronger than pre-patch, dk had a moderately interesting setup with the interactions between the various abilities, paladin seemed a bit lacking, but at least the abilities are nicely hard hitting.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Disc is a decent healer but a much better raid healer than a group healer. It is also REALLY high skill cap and designed as such. Holy is your bread and butter heal DISC is for if you want something a bit more unique. Shadow is fun but odd almost all their damage comes in the void form DPS bursts and learning how to maximize your damage when in void form without making any mistakes is key. Again a bit higher skill cap than a lot of others.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Disc is pretty odd basically what you need to do is get attonment on all your targets you need to heal then DPS hard. Most of your healing is coming from your damage and your shadowmend to help burst healing needs. I think this will wind up being mostly a prefered raiding type spec single healer dungeon groups they are deffinately working harder to do their job than other healers. Plus side they are doing a crap load of damage when they are healing so they wind up being like 75% DPS damage in full healer mode so if you can get the rythm down its great for speed runs/challenge runs.

Also it does not help in the proving grounds the NPC tank is a dumb ass and stands in fire and soaks a ton of avoidable damage than a real tank should.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
P46IDjx.png

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I mean, Blizzard's intention with disc is that instead of being 0%DPS/100% healing, you're ~60%DPS//~60% Healing, so I'd expect to fail both kinds of training grounds if the spec is working correctly.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I mean, Blizzard's intention with disc is that instead of being 0%DPS/100% healing, you're ~60%DPS//~60% Healing, so I'd expect to fail both kinds of training grounds if the spec is working correctly.
In my testing it works with a player tank who is using his mitigation abilities and not standing in shit he should not be standing in. It is a lot more hectic and target switchy play style though than other healers. I think it would work better in a raid where they would work really well as raid aoe healers with atonment spread it around and then unleash the kraken DPS wise.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I can't find very solid information on whether or not their plan on letting a heal spec be viable for solo is still true?

Anyone test out leveling/grinding as a healer on beta?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Healer damage is much higher than it has been in the past. It's still slower than single-target questing (DPS), or aoe grinding/questing (Tank), but it's not the "DEAR GOD WHY" it's been in the past.

If you have enough bag space for your artifact power consumeables, it's probably better to grab a DPS Artifact and level as a DPS spec, not spending any of your Artifact Power widgets, then pick up your Healer Artifact at cap and proceed to pop all your artifact power consumeables on it.