World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm retarded so I'll most likely level as holy. I enjoy it for some reason, also enjoy pulling huge groups and slowly aoeing them to death. I know it's not as effective but I don't care much for melee. In all honesty I should've played a priest or druid lol.

Although I may check out prot this expansion I suppose.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hit 1.5 Million gold. I will consider the spider mount if they actually do something with it more than just......a spider. I have noticed that the tokens have started coming down. Kind of figured that might happen given how close the next expansion is getting. I will be interested to see how much gold is coming with the next expansion. If it is anything like it is now, then lots of players could get that mount after about 1 year or so.

DavivMcD

Peasant
The NPC tank in proving grounds is beyond retarded. Besides sitting in fire and not using (or even having) any active mitigation abilities whatsoever, he also has less HP than a normal player tank and doesn't have any more passive damage reduction than other NPCs. I think they might have been training healers to get used to shitty pugs, but they went too far.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So the new 'name release' mechanism is apparently if you are 2 expacs without account being active all the names on it are released.

Has anyone seen any specifics as to what that means from a specific timetable? I would 'expect', at least in theory, on Leg release date, any account that wasn't active from MoP thru WoD to Leg release date would immediately become available for new characters. But I can't find any sort of specific confirmation to that effect.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Not sure either but I would assume it would hit with the prepatch so right after that hits I would try and snag some names.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Anybody heard of people organizing challenge mode carrys/sells? I'd like to snag the transmog stuff while there's still a few weeks left (and don't really want to devote a ton of effort).

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Anybody heard of people organizing challenge mode carrys/sells? I'd like to snag the transmog stuff while there's still a few weeks left (and don't really want to devote a ton of effort).
Tons of guilds/groups organize challenge mode carries. Tons. Just check the official forums for any server/battlegroup, you should be able to find plenty of people selling carries.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Disc is pretty odd basically what you need to do is get attonment on all your targets you need to heal then DPS hard. Most of your healing is coming from your damage and your shadowmend to help burst healing needs. I think this will wind up being mostly a prefered raiding type spec single healer dungeon groups they are deffinately working harder to do their job than other healers. Plus side they are doing a crap load of damage when they are healing so they wind up being like 75% DPS damage in full healer mode so if you can get the rythm down its great for speed runs/challenge runs.
Sure, the basic idea is relatively easy to follow, just the practice doesn't seem to match up there - when the first big enemies show up in proving grounds, it just doesn't seem possible for me to put out enough healing to keep the tank alive. There's no trouble with atonement on him, but the throughput seems to be missing - the most successful ( but still failed ) approach was to bubble him, then purge the wicked a target then penance, solace, smite. I tried a few other approaches, like shadow mend and plea but nothing really seemed to work.

Taking a look at dummy testing, dps was actually pretty high, 20k or so ( higher than shadow ?! ) while keeping atonement on one target via pw:s - that only resulted in a bit over 10k hps though.

Anyone actually had any success healing stuff with disc on ptr/beta ? Am I just missing something major maybe ?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The main issue is the NPC tank in there is pretty garbage and takes a ton of unnecessary damage. Currently disc has problems if the tank is a derp and is not doing his job well in five man groups. This is why they are so much better in raids lots of aoe heals to spread around and extra dps.

xzi

Mouthbreather
There's a lot of CM carries selling for like 250-350k+ It's a lot of money, but considering doing it because I'd like the mogs and every group I get together fails miserably.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
There's a lot of CM carries selling for like 250-350k+ It's a lot of money, but considering doing it because I'd like the mogs and every group I get together fails miserably.
Bought mine for 250k this week, would do again. Took 2 hours, was completely smooth, and I didn't have to put up with the logistics of pugging it since no one I know plays anymore really.

DavivMcD

Peasant
Sure, the basic idea is relatively easy to follow, just the practice doesn't seem to match up there - when the first big enemies show up in proving grounds, it just doesn't seem possible for me to put out enough healing to keep the tank alive. There's no trouble with atonement on him, but the throughput seems to be missing - the most successful ( but still failed ) approach was to bubble him, then purge the wicked a target then penance, solace, smite. I tried a few other approaches, like shadow mend and plea but nothing really seemed to work.

Taking a look at dummy testing, dps was actually pretty high, 20k or so ( higher than shadow ?! ) while keeping atonement on one target via pw:s - that only resulted in a bit over 10k hps though.

Anyone actually had any success healing stuff with disc on ptr/beta ? Am I just missing something major maybe ?
Also, healing proving ground is actually easier with lower ilvl. Both the enemies and NPCs scale with your ilvl (minimum 615 I think?) but the enemies scale up way more. At 670+ the NPC tank just melts within seconds on the harder waves.

Also also, proving grounds on the PTR and beta aren't tuned for Legion yet. They've said they want to change the pace of healing to be less frantic and more about focusing on your mana efficiency. They want it to go from "Tank is at 100% hp or he's dead" to "Keep everyone around 60-75% and they'll be fine".

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
After logging on the PTR I can't help being disappointed, just as I expected, for the redesign of most classes. I copied all my 11 characters and tried the specs I was mostly interested in.

- The monk is not interesting, Brewmaster is a shell of what it was and WW is dps so I don't really care about it. Mistweaver is now just a generic healer, honestly a snooze fest to play, although there are a few interesting things going on with the class, most of them are passive and bound to a specific talent. Bummed by losing Touch of Death and several other spells I loved, good that I can switch to a different healer, but annoyed at all the stuff I did with the monk that are hardly transferable elsewhere without a massive time commitment, including Nat Pagle faction and several others.

- I like the druid, just as I thought, improving bear and leaving resto (mostly) the fuck alone is a godsend. Short cd Tranquillity castable on the move? Sign me up! Even the fucking pigeon spec is fun to play now. It's a vanilla character, so I'm really attached to it. I'll end up playing this for the xpack, so it's all good.

- Priest: holy is okay, discipline is for those who like managing a ton of complicated shit, it can provide a different style of healing, which could be good, I fear you need a good tank to make it work tho, especially in 5 men. Shadow is... I don't know, it seems to me it's a lot of work for mediocre results.

- Warlock: I tried only Demolock. Conceptually is cool, you have to be jesus on the keyboard to make it work while following a tank that chain pulls, it has various possible builds. It's cool to watch and play, not sure how good it can be in certain scenarios, like 5 men.

- Warrior is flashy, new animations are gorgeous for the class, Fury is interesting, prot is also not too bad, but I didn't tank a shit that was hard enough to test it properly.

- Hunter: fire the dev, period. SV being melee is good for a change, but still, fire him/them, it's now a shit class, covered in guano.

- Rogue: who cares? Flashy animations, okay, roll the bones is so fucked up it could be even entertaining to game over it for a while.

- Mage: didn't change much. Tried fire, okay for questing, world grinding, sucks vs bosses/elites as usual, nothing new under the sun.

- Shaman: good feels playing enhancements, resto is quite fun and packed with useful shit to do. Good class.

- Death knight: blood is fun, a beast as usual and the new drain spell is quite fun. Never cared about other specs to be honest. Blood is a decent class, but I'd have to see how it handles spike damage and stuff.

- Paladin: prot is nothing special for what I tried, holy seems fun with a lot of instant casts, but would have to try it on the field.

TL,DR: I like druid and shaman a lot for healing, Death Knight and Bear for tanking, rest ranges from meh to okayish. Legion Hype level: 6,5 (7,5 with lore included).

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I searched, but couldn't find the post where someone mentioned that they raided a couple days a week with a group that had modest Mythic raiding success. If that was you (whoever you might be), I'd love to pick your brain about recruitment and joining up for Legion.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Also, healing proving ground is actually easier with lower ilvl. Both the enemies and NPCs scale with your ilvl (minimum 615 I think?) but the enemies scale up way more. At 670+ the NPC tank just melts within seconds on the harder waves.
I figured it might be a scaling issue, so I tried out tree and resto shaman ( tree is roughly the same ilvl, shaman is 30 higher ), had no issues with either of them - the amount of tank spamming you can do is like an order of magnitude higher on both of those. In fairness, it wasn't easy on either of them in the same way the dps trial is ( gg finish 50 second wave in 4 seconds ), there was significant heal spamming involved. I guess disc is not going to ever be tank healer.