World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The idea of rotations is a stupid one. They should try to develop situations that don't rely on damage rotation.
Rotations are fine. What they did was allowed zero customization or choice for the player. They've been neutering talents and Rotations since the first expansion.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Man, having to run around and get the illusions for weapon enchants is a real pisser. I have every enchant, including rare ones on my enchanter, yet in order to get their appearance, I have to refarm some (Like the Karazhan ones) or make recipe tomes for the old school ones.

The only up side (which in a way is a down side) is that because I was playing actively during all those xpacs, all the required reps are leveled appropriately. But then again, the down side of that is that these reps are easier to level now then they were then. (Which is only an issue since my enchanter is my alt, meaning it wasn't like I farmed them anyways since she was my main, this was extra effort.)

Feels like I'm getting slapped in the face because I was actively playing previous xpacs.

As far as ability pruning, I am all for it, but I hate what they've done right now. Used to be, if you knew your class, all the extra abilities could make it so any group with you was way more effective or efficient. They've removed so many of those extra abilities, and made tanks so reliant on healers, that I feel really impotent. I find it harder to carry groups based on stellar healing or tanking performance and that's such a god damn kick in the balls.

I was already somewhat resentful that my sheer veteran status often meant pugs were likely to succeed if I was around (That's not me saying I AM THE BEST, I just have a good memory and can remember dungeons and bosses and what abilities made them easier/trivial) just because it meant I was often the de facto leader. (When the MC anniversary came along, I led 15 of those fucking raids just because they did not squash the dungeon down to LFR amounts)

But now I have less tools for it, and whereas I used to be able to basically completely heal myself and my party as a paladin tank, or be able to keep myself alive to such an extent as a DK tank etc, if my healer blows or my DPS blows, it's way more likely we have stupid fucking wipes.

I really feel like the control is out of my hands after this patch. I don't see how Legion could change that; the ancient weapon?

Sort of feels like the GW2 effect - they removed the holy trinity in that game because they wanted to be "new" and "different" but had no real answer for awhile for what the holy trinity solved.

Feels like a similar thing - remove shit that they think is uninspired or ability bloat, and then you've chopped the head off of anyone who could make use of them.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This is possible the most disappointing pre-patch so far for me. This isn't to go all doomsayer, but it's the biggest letdown in terms of the potential the expac represents (even if cata and wod were shittier in the end).
  • Massive scaling issues moving into an expansion based around ... scaling
  • Reduced player damage/tank/healing output
  • Bugs randomly removing abilities (no clue what I'm missing on what characters besides the ones I've found as needed)
  • Told all the players they were fucking idiots for disagreeing with their class fantasy... then ultimately completely relented by giving MM pets back, MWM a version of fistweaving back, etc.
  • Failed to tune lots of specs for L100 (which, still have to level from L100 to L110 so wtf)
  • Removed a ton of abilities and gutted some specs clearly without even really playing them to see how they feel
  • Being lazy with abilities - ex. human racial now only breaks stuns but you can still click it to waste it in poly/fear/horror/etc.

Somehow this shit feels rushed and that Blizzard are not prepared.

That said, I'm sure some of the trashheap qualities of WoD are rubbing off on my perception.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Maybe they should have just waited till the expansion comes out to do all this scaling bullshit and just do invasions. Glad my sub just ran out because it was frustrating trying to level prot war when random elites in dungeons can 2 shot you.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
This is possible the most disappointing pre-patch so far for me. This isn't to go all doomsayer, but it's the biggest letdown in terms of the potential the expac represents (even if cata and wod were shittier in the end).
  • Massive scaling issues moving into an expansion based around ... scaling
  • Reduced player damage/tank/healing output
  • Bugs randomly removing abilities (no clue what I'm missing on what characters besides the ones I've found as needed)
  • Told all the players they were fucking idiots for disagreeing with their class fantasy... then ultimately completely relented by giving MM pets back, MWM a version of fistweaving back, etc.
  • Failed to tune lots of specs for L100 (which, still have to level from L100 to L110 so wtf)
  • Removed a ton of abilities and gutted some specs clearly without even really playing them to see how they feel
  • Being lazy with abilities - ex. human racial now only breaks stuns but you can still click it to waste it in poly/fear/horror/etc.

Somehow this shit feels rushed and that Blizzard are not prepared.

That said, I'm sure some of the trashheap qualities of WoD are rubbing off on my perception.
The tuning of classes can be in part because the artifacts aren't available yet. I know it's "just another dot" for Assassin Rogue, but some other classes have artifacts that are class-defining and the entire spec doesn't really work without them.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The tuning of classes can be in part because the artifacts aren't available yet. I know it's "just another dot" for Assassin Rogue, but some other classes have artifacts that are class-defining and the entire spec doesn't really work without them.
I don't agree that artifacts are panacea. For instance the frost DK extra proc damage with the artifact doesn't fix the huge issues it has at L100 right now, even on beta while leveling through the first zone or two. It's just broken tuning.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Right so when you are leveling to 100 in the future what will happen? There is going to be a dead zone. I have always hated how much they got and devalue everything prior to the current expansion.

It also makes the artifact quest a little lame when you have to fight through it but I only did one of those and it was undertuned at the time.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Garrison is L3, but I just started the Shipyard today (so it's still L1) :/
You'll be just fine, you can boost the Shipyard to L3 in a week or two. Build two of each type of ship and just YOLO all the missions needed for the quests and don't worry about any of them sinking. If they sink just rebuild them.

You should get Tanaan reps to revered so you can buy the oil rig and have a steady supply of oil if you need it. Anyways you've got more than plenty of time to max it out.

joz123

Potato del Grande
If you do the tanaan dailies and kill the 4 rare elites, you shouldn't need to ever do the mission to get more oil.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tanks all had their CDs stripped and healers have basically no longevity.
Just Hyperbole I assume? Cause just looking at talents/abilities I can see plenty of defensive CDs on tanks.

Maybe they should have just waited till the expansion comes out to do all this scaling bullshit and just do invasions. Glad my sub just ran out because it was frustrating trying to level prot war when random elites in dungeons can 2 shot you.
What? I just did a tank to play with my brother on horde. All I did was dungeons and it was a cakewalk, nothing really came close to killing me unless you were just dumb(IE ignoring a mechanic and even then it's hard to die) or healer was eating glue entire time.

Right so when you are leveling to 100 in the future what will happen? There is going to be a dead zone. I have always hated how much they got and devalue everything prior to the current expansion.

It also makes the artifact quest a little lame when you have to fight through it but I only did one of those and it was undertuned at the time.
Count me in the camp of people not caring that for one month things are a little rough. Not really seeing the issue with just dicking around and having fun with some leveling or mog collecting.

Ratama

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea the real problem is going to be the 25 treasure mission one to get L3. It's about 8-10 days on the legendary part after you have a L3 shipyard.
Alright, thanks for the answers
smile.png
(same goes to you; Ao-, Itzena and Dalien!)

I just wanted something to work towards before August 30th, and it would've been a fun item to get, but I guess it'll be replaced along the way in Legion just like every other piece of gear. Oh well!

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
If you get the Oil Rig, save two elf ships for it and equip them with fishing nets. The mission auto-succeeds anyway and double elf ships knock it down to like 4 hour return time. You can sell certain types of fish on the auction house for decent money, especially now.

Oh yeah, side note for anyone who didn't know: Enormous fish caught by your ships count towards the Draenor Angler achievement.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
So, fucking around on beta doing all the artifacts. Druid and shaman today. The healer artifacts were pretty much straight handouts. I have never, and will never, heal for groups or raids, so I went in blind and got them both on first try. Bear was almost as easy, they do decent damage. Enhance shaman is stupid broken OP compared to ele. It's just obscene. Better DPS, better self heals, better aoe. Whole shebang. Not sure wtf they are doing, but ok. After 2 expacs as ele I am glad enhance is getting some love.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
My big complaint at this point is shit keeps disappearing on my characters. I put in a ticket about my mount, they fixed it, and an hour later the damn thing disappeared again.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Count me in the camp of people not caring that for one month things are a little rough. Not really seeing the issue with just dicking around and having fun with some leveling or mog collecting.
The level 95-102 skill set or lack thereof doesn't change in a month. That part will always be a wasteland of skills. You get that right. It is like introducing hell levels by gutting specs and then admitting they don't care because the game starts at 110.

Might as well give people every skill for the expansion at 100 or boost every character to 110 after their artifact quest.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm ok with dungeons being hard and being reliant on healers in dungeons and raids as long as it doesn't feel forced and stupid.

Im an old school mmo player where that shit was the norm anyways.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
trying to figure out how people are running with mouselook on perma.

After playing BDO, Wildstar and nearly every other ActionCam game out there I needs it!
MouselookHandler works like a charm.

MouselookHandler (Mouse Look) - Combat - World of Warcraft Addons - Curse

You can have a single key toggle it on or off as well as bind left and right mouse button to other actions. If you go into the Advanced tab, Lua Chunk you can overwrite what is there with this (http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/mou...-while-moving/) to make it automatically mouse look when you are moving and stop when you aren't.

I didn't realize how much i missed auto mouselook until you mentioned it and it's so much nicer than before and works great with the actioncam!!! Hopefully Blizzard doesn't pull a Blizzard and start blocking this stuff.

Malkav

French Madman
Went lazy ass mode, bought a token and sold it on the AH (it's going for 80K+ on my server which is nice) just to buy the necessary Medallions of the Legion to get Draenor Pathfinder.

Good god, it's good to fly again.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Enhance shaman is stupid broken OP compared to ele. It's just obscene. Better DPS, better self heals, better aoe. Whole shebang. Not sure wtf they are doing, but ok. After 2 expacs as ele I am glad enhance is getting some love.
Remember Enhance on WoD beta? Remember Enhance on WoD Launch (Although it got better once the AOE-heavy fights started cropping up in later raid tiers)?

Do not trust any appearance of not-sucking, for Blizzard is a fickle mistress.