World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The problem I had with garrisons was I got to a point where I logged in, did my garrison stuff, and if it wasn't a raid day logged off. Absolutely zero incentive to leave your garrison at all.
Yes this was my problem with them as well. Not that I did not like them but that they basically WERE the end game conent for me in a lot of ways. They gave me more cash and probably more items than I could get by any normal non raiding activity. And I could finish them up in 10 minutes so while it was very lucrative and rewarding it did not have a lot of game play involved in it.

Malkav

French Madman
Fucking Blizzard is disabling the Actioncam because they think idiots are "accidentally" enabling it without knowing and that's the cause of all the motion sickness shit on the forums. I knew it was too good to last.
That's the most retarted thing ever.

How the hell do you "accidentally" enable something only available via a console command without knowing how to turn it off? Bunch of mouth-breathers ruining everything.

Edit : I keep seeing the thumbmail for the Legion Pre-Expansion patch survival guide on the patcher, and I keep asking myself what are the sets that the draenei are wearing (middle and right one). Anyone has any idea?

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
The problem I had with garrisons was I got to a point where I logged in, did my garrison stuff, and if it wasn't a raid day logged off. Absolutely zero incentive to leave your garrison at all.
I liked some parts of the garrison and disliked others, but the above quote and some others echoing it comes from WoD being half-assed and having zero long-term content. That would have still been the case without garrisons, WoD was just a B-team effort and it showed.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You don't have to use the class order hall mission table except for doing your class order hall quest line. After that you are free to ignore it.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
There isn't really much of an advantage to grinding the artifact xp vs. progressing through Legion the way you pretty much have to. And make no mistake, you have to progress through Legion by questing through the zones. Don't try grinding out dungeons to 110 or finding fast-spawning 2-shottables to level. Legion is utterly linear in its progression structure. You MUST do the quests to get the artifact power and you MUST do the quests to gain rep with each faction to eventually unlock world quests, which are the chief means of gaining artifact power beyond artifact level 10 or so.
In addition, you must finish each and every zone (plus world quests, plus faction...) to eventually unlock flying.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
I liked some parts of the garrison and disliked others, but the above quote and some others echoing it comes from WoD being half-assed and having zero long-term content. That would have still been the case without garrisons, WoD was just a B-team effort and it showed.
Well... It was B team design-wise. The art, voiceovers, story (in comparison to previous expansions) were top notch. These are all things that can be burned through in the first month or two by an average gamer though.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
They nerfed old raids even more. I kill everything in a couple hits now with an undergeared (665) shaman.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I have never really been able to get into PvP in WoW but holy shit why it is that horde suck shit at every fucking bracket and BG in this game? When I used to play horde were the PvP faction now they suck major horsecock. That being said PvP is a clusterfuck currently. We're back to permastun CC and all sorts of other pure trashfire. They keep saying that they want to make legion more PVP focused and get more people involved I don't see how they are going to manage that with how fucking horrid it is.

On a different topic, is anyone here experienced in dual boxing WoW? Since I am leveling some new toons on Hyjal I am very much considering RaFing that shit but I have never really done it before. Tried out HotKeyNet and it's 1/2 working but I am not getting all the input commands.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Every Man For Himself was more overpowered that Will of the Forsaken ever dreamt of being, and Blizzard didn't change it for literallyyears. So all the hotshot PvP people moved to Alliance.

Rime

<Donor>
They nerfed old raids even more. I kill everything in a couple hits now with an undergeared (665) shaman.
Depends on the old raids. Heroic 25m Throne of Thunder/Siege are almost impossible for many classes now, when they were relatively easy at 700+ before 7.0.3.

I know my 712 hunter cannot get past the troll council in ToT and my 737 mage is getting trucked on the second boss.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have never really been able to get into PvP in WoW but holy shit why it is that horde suck shit at every fucking bracket and BG in this game? When I used to play horde were the PvP faction now they suck major horsecock. That being said PvP is a clusterfuck currently. We're back to permastun CC and all sorts of other pure trashfire. They keep saying that they want to make legion more PVP focused and get more people involved I don't see how they are going to manage that with how fucking horrid it is.

On a different topic, is anyone here experienced in dual boxing WoW? Since I am leveling some new toons on Hyjal I am very much considering RaFing that shit but I have never really done it before. Tried out HotKeyNet and it's 1/2 working but I am not getting all the input commands.
And if you ask any alliance horde usually wins. Mostly depends on the battlegroup. I know mine its around 50/50 split win/loss.

And pvp currently is much more even then it ever has been. Because gear has been taken from the equation by a good margin. Not to mention trinket use/procs gone. The divide between have and have-nots has reduced quite a bit, with mostly equalized gear.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Someone asked Noodlebro if we needed a WOW subforum for the upcoming expansion and interest in a guild. I told him if he got enough people to sign in and the desire for it, I'd make it.

What do the people think?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Someone asked Noodlebro if we needed a WOW subforum for the upcoming expansion and interest in a guild. I told him if he got enough people to sign in and the desire for it, I'd make it.

What do the people think?
What kind of interest did we see with WoD release. This thread isn't terribly hard to keep up on, but having different threads for different topics might be useful, if we have so much posting that it's hard to keep up with. But the 2 different threads as is for guild stuff versus just general WoW stuff isn't so bad right now. Not sure we need it yet, and won't know until after Legion drops.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
And if you ask any alliance horde usually wins. Mostly depends on the battlegroup. I know mine its around 50/50 split win/loss.

And pvp currently is much more even then it ever has been. Because gear has been taken from the equation by a good margin. Not to mention trinket use/procs gone. The divide between have and have-nots has reduced quite a bit, with mostly equalized gear.
Normally I would say sure it's in my head and go with the "git gud" train of though, but there are enough statistics to show something happened in which horde used to be dominate are now super dogshit. I guess the imbalance is getting closer to what it should be, but this has zero to do with gear or anything else. This is pure faction imbalance and since I wasnt around for the switches I am just curious about it. This is just for unrated BG's when you get into Arena it's skewed royally at like 70/30 Alliance/Horde or higher.

rrr_img_137196.png

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What happened last summer that made everyone jump ship to Alliance? Was that WoD release? Now I gotta google to figure out what happened! Conspiracy theories!

Edit: So that was nearly a year after WoD's release, and I'm sure the game was in a lull of content, and stale. Filtering for June through August on google news, the main articles were end of fiscal year results, where WoW was down to 5.6M subs, the lowest it had been since 2005.

More Horde quit than Alliance?