World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Honestly, if I wasn't so attached to my Lock, I'd play a Mage or Hunter and never look back. Every expansion it's a guessing game where Warlocks will end up. Right now they're not in a great position, but I know Destro at the very least will be able to do a couple things that Mythic raids need (priority target burst and 2 target cleave specifically) while still bring some utility (portals, summons, etc).

Demo is a lot of fun. Summoning an ass load of demons and then doing things with them is cool visually, but the spec is pretty lackluster outside of that. You end up casting the Empower demon spell after nearly every single demon summon. Summon dogs, empower. Summon imps, empower. Summon your two cooldown demons, empower. Summon 4 more imps, empower. It's very clunky. Then take into account that it's just a purely awful spec at anything other than staying on one target and I question where their minds were in how this spec would work in the raiding scene. I guess maybe all that makes sense since it's brand new.

Edit: All that said, the havoc changes for destro are a lot of fun.
One thing I recommend with demo is the first tier talent that gives your shadow/demon bolt instant cast after empower. I tried this raiding and it helped a lot. You as mentioned wind up casting empower a lot so basically getting a free instant mobile damage shot plus a shard after doing so wind up working pretty well. Seemed to work reasonably in the raid last night but I do not fully have the rythm of the spec yet so it was a bit awkward. The change to the first tier talent seemed to help me a good bit though especially on archimond I did not drop DPS to much when I had to move between instant demon bolts and channeling the AOE. It is really nice not to have to wade into melee range to aoe.

Needless

Toe Sucker
can you crossrealm SoO shit? i wanna do it this weekend on my shaman, that tier set is $d$i$a$m$o$n$d$ $d$i$c$k$ tier and i'm like 90% sure im gonna start legion as my shaman this time around

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
ugh, now I can't just use "Subscribed threads" page :|

Can I just subscribe to the whole subforum?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I'll do what I usually do. Buy expansion. Play the entire time.

Also, if the mods wanted proper trolling, they should have renamed MMORPG Discussion to WoW Discussion, and made General MMORPG Discusion a subforum of that.
Fuck where were you two hours ago.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
One thing I recommend with demo is the first tier talent that gives your shadow/demon bolt instant cast after empower. I tried this raiding and it helped a lot. You as mentioned wind up casting empower a lot so basically getting a free instant mobile damage shot plus a shard after doing so wind up working pretty well. Seemed to work reasonably in the raid last night but I do not fully have the rythm of the spec yet so it was a bit awkward. The change to the first tier talent seemed to help me a good bit though especially on archimond I did not drop DPS to much when I had to move between instant demon bolts and channeling the AOE. It is really nice not to have to wade into melee range to aoe.
Well, pre-patch and beta are two different things. Right now in live, assuming you at least have the heroic version of the class trinket, but rotation is literally 3 spells on repeat (taking soul conduit over demonbolt). HoG, empower, shadow bolt. Repeat throwing in your doomguard and service additional pet cooldowns when available. The class trinket interaction with demo is just broken right now, so you want to cast as many HoGs as possible. You don't even cast dogs in this cheese build since there's no chance to spawn extra imps from your trinket there. 3 spells, over and over. That's max dps right now.

The real rotation, which is based all around the cooldown on the dogs is much better obviously, but it's the role the class plays in progression that I'm most worried about. Maybe they'll get buffed and be the top dogs of single target DPS and then on the like 3 purely single target fights we get the whole expansion it'll be a necessary spec, but right now they need more changes than that to be relevant on the other 30 fights. You can talent to do some burst AE while sacrificing your single target dps, but ultimately Destro just does all that better. Once you're forced to target switch, demo, as it is currently, is going to fall behind either of the other specs.

Just to clarify I'm talking about Mythic progression too, which isn't the scene most people are in. I know at Legion release Destro is going to be the best raiding spec of the three so that's what I have to go with. Blizzard always does another round of tuning before the 2nd raid, but my guess is I'm safe with this assumption up through the first tier.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Has Blizz confirmed if artifacts weapons are something permanent that will continue in future expansions or this is just another expansion gimmick to get and keep subs?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well, pre-patch and beta are two different things. Right now in live, assuming you at least have the heroic version of the class trinket, but rotation is literally 3 spells on repeat (taking soul conduit over demonbolt). HoG, empower, shadow bolt. Repeat throwing in your doomguard and service additional pet cooldowns when available. The class trinket interaction with demo is just broken right now, so you want to cast as many HoGs as possible. You don't even cast dogs in this cheese build since there's no chance to spawn extra imps from your trinket there. 3 spells, over and over. That's max dps right now.

The real rotation, which is based all around the cooldown on the dogs is much better obviously, but it's the role the class plays in progression that I'm most worried about. Maybe they'll get buffed and be the top dogs of single target DPS and then on the like 3 purely single target fights we get the whole expansion it'll be a necessary spec, but right now they need more changes than that to be relevant on the other 30 fights. You can talent to do some burst AE while sacrificing your single target dps, but ultimately Destro just does all that better. Once you're forced to target switch, demo, as it is currently, is going to fall behind either of the other specs.

Just to clarify I'm talking about Mythic progression too, which isn't the scene most people are in. I know at Legion release Destro is going to be the best raiding spec of the three so that's what I have to go with. Blizzard always does another round of tuning before the 2nd raid, but my guess is I'm safe with this assumption up through the first tier.
Oh yes I don't have that trinket as I started my warlock late. That thing while super amazing also totally changes how the class will wind up being played in legion.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Has Blizz confirmed if artifacts weapons are something permanent that will continue in future expansions or this is just another expansion gimmick to get and keep subs?
No and in fact if I had to guess I think its probably more likely than not we won't get to keep them or if we do they will be upgraded/transformed/reset back to something new for the next expansion.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Man. Going to play and quit after a month or two like others. No clue what to play though. Someone tell me whats entertaining.

Edit: Probably going to stick to priest and go with disc and shadow off spec. Considering DK and hunter as well. Game needs a "Trader" class so I can sit at AH and level.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
That would be my guess as well. Expansion will end and whatever artifact skins you've obtained will be thrown into your transmog collection.

That guess really isn't based on anything other than a general guess based on their past dev practices though.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Guess I'll bust out my hunter and get him to 100 this weekend. Seems like PVP is the way to go for gear vs. LFR garbage/baleful.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I still haven't figured out what I want to main for Legion yet. I've been playing multiple classes to see what feels best and right now Fire Mage is winning.

Fire Mage damage > Rogue damage > Warlock damage > Disc priest damage > Ret damage

Druid heals > Disc heals

I wanna try Holy Paladin, and messing around on my hunter now as well to see how it ranks up. Problem I had with Ret paladin was it felt just so clunky. I was constantly just waiting for GCD, without anything to do in between. Maybe I was playing it wrong.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Guess I'll bust out my hunter and get him to 100 this weekend. Seems like PVP is the way to go for gear vs. LFR garbage/baleful.
Your gear might be in a different situation but none of mine was over 650, and so the timewarped badges helped a lot. Ran a few of those dungeons, and was then at least able to bump up to 675 pretty easily. That at least opened up the last tier of LFR raids so I could at least see those.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
They'll just kill WOW instead of doing another expansion, so artifacts are "permanent".

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I'll be playing at or shortly before release. Making raid times consistently prolly wont happen, but I'll be casually scumming it up

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Demon Hunters will release August 9th, along with Demon Invasions.

Some more stuff on MMO champion.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
A sick and twisted part of me hopes they remove them just like they are doing with the ring and cloak and shit.. just because removing shit is fucking stupid and I want to see the backlash.

Skipped all of WoD, but I am liking what I've seen from the beta and how the classes I play feel with the pre-patch. Having trouble deciding between my druid or warrior as my main for tanking.