World of Warcraft: Current Year

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Getting a pseudo-LOTRO vibe from the artifact weapons, where levelling your weapon becomes the main character advancement/customization, but instead of throwaway drops like LOTRO's these are going to be the Glamdrings and Orcrists and shit from WoW's history.

I really enjoyed that part of LOTRO so I am stoked for it here as well. Bring on Ashbringer!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
My bet is a lot. I've got those days off following the Tuesday (might be Wed/thurs/fri) naturally so I expect to just not be able to play! I'm betting server overload plus some foreign kiddies DDoS'ing.

Everyone gets them. Each spec has a different one. I think ~30 min into starting the expac is when you get it, from what others have said.

~~

Anyone playing Prot Pally? Wanted to make a tank for an alt (main Enh Sham, eventual Resto OS). I've seen they rank about ~third place overall which is fine, it'd be a casual 5man/LFR type of alt. How does the playstyle feel, though?

If you do the prequests now that are live basically just finish the last quests released yesterday and camp in dalaran. Come the 30th in theory just log in and either be in dalaran or head there to do the final jump to shattered isles and you will pretty much immediately be given the open your order hall then do artifact stuff.

Needless

Toe Sucker
thinking im just gonna yolo grind both my rogue and mage and try and keep them synced until i decide who i like more at 110 lol ~21 days before raids drop after launch anyway so it shouldn't be that difficult.

definitely not taking time off for that shit though, 100% chance they're going to be getting chain DDOS'd according to the threats they were getting a few weeks ago lol

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Getting a pseudo-LOTRO vibe from the artifact weapons, where levelling your weapon becomes the main character advancement/customization, but instead of throwaway drops like LOTRO's

Actually, Turbine finally caught on and created "Imbued" Legendaries at 100, that you keep from patch to patch (the caps on each sub-ability just go up by X every expansion).

If anything, LOTRO's system is still better than WOW's. AFAIK, these weapons won't be used past Legion, and there are no real choices after 3 or 4 months - you'll buy everything.

(Not that I'm not excited for Legion, but how often do you get to praise LOTRO?)

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
AFAIK, these weapons won't be used past Legion

Does anyone know their official stance on this? I was talking to a friend about it the other day, and we couldn't decide if it would be worse to be using the same weapon for the next few xpacs, or grinding out our artifacts for 2 years only to swap back to some green home brand weapon the moment the next xpac drops. They're definitely boxing themselves in a bit with this one.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Legion's Artifacts are decent chunk of the force behind the "This is the last WoW 1 expansion" theory crowd.

World of Diablo4craft go!

Azrayne

Legion's Artifacts are decent chunk of the force behind the "This is the last WoW 1 expansion" theory crowd.

There is absolutely zero percent chance that this is WoW's last xpac. They're going to be milking this shit for cash as long as people are willing to pour it in.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Plus I feel like we maybe would have heard of *something* if they were working on a new MMO (even if it was XX random project XX). This game will get milked/added to until they create something that can sap all its user base/revenue.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider

I'm not familiar with the theories, but blowing up the Legion is kind of the logical end-game, isn't it? Other than slaughtering the Titans for creating / not creating you (I forget which way the last Klaxxi bit went on that), and I certainly can't imagine what you do after that.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Iirc titans are all dead.

And they introduced some new baddy called Void Gods or something, supposedly the ones controlling the old gods(and corrupted Sargeras). So End right now would be something like the Titan from Azeroth being brought out(born), though does this destroy the world, dunno. And then fighting those void gods. That's if they don't present something higher later.

Reason Sargeras wants azeroth to die, he is afraid the the titan within it becoming alive(I assume because its more powerful then him, dunno).

Azrayne

There's also the elemental planes and all the planets the demon races come from, and iirc. some Old Gods we haven't killed yet (and of course they can always just manifest themselves again).

Lore is secondary anyway - as long as it will keep being profitable, Metzen will keep coming up with new reasons for us to kill big monsters.

More importantly, where are things at with invasion farming? Trying to level my shammy but it seems they stopped giving xp/chests for finishing stage 2.

Last edited:

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Best method is still finding the best zone (I preferred Azshara pre-60 as Horde and Barrens or Westfall after that) and just chaining P1/P2 pre60, P1/2/3 60+. Reset and repeat. That's just for exp and not boxes, though. You only get exp/box once if you're resetting an invasion, though it sometimes bugs and gives you a green box again.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Amused. New botter banwave, this time for a popular rotation bot. No Legion Expansion Refunds for any botter who made a DH, because that's technically accessing Legion Content.

• 1Like

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I'm not familiar with the theories, but blowing up the Legion is kind of the logical end-game, isn't it? Other than slaughtering the Titans for creating / not creating you (I forget which way the last Klaxxi bit went on that), and I certainly can't imagine what you do after that.

They'll rehash old bosses until the subscription drops to the double digits. Blackwing round 3!

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
God damn it.

During invasions I'm been alt-tabbing to the latest edition of the lolore, and as best as I can figure out:

Earlier this year, Blizzard released a book called Chronicle (co-written by Metzen). In it, Blizz retcons the history to a simplistic Void/Chaos vs. Light/Order, with the Void Lords and their underlings the Old Gods vs the Titans and everyone else.

So Sargeras isn't a bad guy, he's just purging Azeroth of the Old Gods' corruption, etc. So fear not, once we clear up the Legion (if we even definitively do that this time around), we'll have Void Lords and their latest minions to kill for a while. /eyeroll

Mughal

Bronze Knight of the Realm

Since the scaling down of Diablo 3 a chunk of that team is now working on Warcraft. Several D3 mechanics and art styles are included in Legion. Also there was always a big barrier internally where D3 was procedural and WoW hand-crafted - with world quests they are blurring the lines. IMO positive change.