World of Warcraft: Current Year

I don't understand what you're going to do... L3 garrison shit? Raids? Character progression?
There are quests in every zone that I still haven't done just about. I'm level 100 with 616 item score and tier 3 garrison. So, there's still plenty to complete. For one, I just started the naval base.

I doubt I'll get to do the heroics or raids because everybody will be doing Legion, but that's ok.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There are quests in every zone that I still haven't done just about. I'm level 100 with 616 item score and tier 3 garrison. So, there's still plenty to complete. For one, I just started the naval base.

I doubt I'll get to do the heroics or raids because everybody will be doing Legion, but that's ok.
You're just an old-school EQ player that wishes every expansion didn't negate the previous ones entirely! I feel you bro, and good luck!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Stormrage is by far, in my opinion anyways, the best server to make an Alliance toon on. That server is packed, the AH is good and you have Stormrage specific server Pick Up Groups running Mythic often. Im a fan of the server and kind of wish we were on a Horde server that was as popular.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Boring, but god damn effective!

Leveling a hunter in invasions has been the easiest thing I've ever done in this game. Just multishot and keep running. Never stop running. Never stop multishot. JUST GO. JUST GO AND GET EXPERIENCE

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator

Honestly if you want to just experience the raids they'll be a ton of people doing them at 110 for transmogs/achievements. You can still get the feeling of a full raid and people will still be wiping in them because they're still mechanics you can't just headbutt your way through, especially on mythic.

Don't worry about "experiencing" the naval yard or any of the garrison stuff. It's bullshit all the way through.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
I read a post somewhere about how some gloves from the pre-Legion quests were amazing. I had vendored them so I used the item restore to get them back and copied over to beta.

c5ZTSov.jpg

They were 685 but hotfixed to 700 I guess. They show as 685 on my live and beta chars now so no idea. Anyway the proc on these gloves is amazing and will be really nice for leveling.

tTc4dZh.jpg

Total damage shown is from doing the artifact and class hall quests and the first 20 or so quests in Azsuna. Arcane Blast is the damage from the gloves proc.

TL;DR: Get dem gloves, use the item restore service if you vendored them.
Gloves of the Arcane Purge
Handguards of Demonsbane
Grips of the Fel Destroyer
Gauntlets of Legion Devastation

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Oh man I need to get those gloves on 11 more chars -.-

If I find the time over the weekend I'll get close to or above 700 ilvl on all 12 chars. Halfway done or so. Nice.

Malkav

French Madman
Vendored them on two characters. Too bad you can't restore items on multiple characters with the automatic thing.

Anyway, thanks for the tip about them. Didn't even see the proc before vendoring them, just "685? Meh".

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Question about the Brawler's Guild. Does the invitation last forever or will I need a new one for Legion?
At the moment, they've announced that Brawler will be closed for the duration, meaning at least 7.0, if not 7.1.
Have they actually said when the official Invasion shut-down time is? Most are assuming Tuesday after maintenance but I dunno if that is official or not.
I'm assuming that the invasions will keep popping until 0:00 when the expansion is enabled.

• 1Like

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
You're just an old-school EQ player that wishes every expansion didn't negate the previous ones entirely! I feel you bro, and good luck!

I would love for them to change the entire game to scaling to your level to some degree. Never going to happen because the majority of WoW loves being gods in old content, but personally I would prefer if more content felt entertaining to play, even if it ends up kinda easy (i.e. I want GW2 style level scaling).

• 1Like

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I would love for them to change the entire game to scaling to your level to some degree. Never going to happen because the majority of WoW loves being gods in old content, but personally I would prefer if more content felt entertaining to play, even if it ends up kinda easy (i.e. I want GW2 style level scaling).

It was a lot better before the stat squish of end MoP. Doing old raids at 85 was really fun and could be even massively challenging (yogg saron solo was my hardest kill).

P.s.: I have all those gloves, they were 685 for me.

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yea, I just did 45 in about 4 hours but jesus christ, that was so boring.

I hear ya! Started an undead mage, hit 40 in 2-2.5 hours with +45% heirlooms, bored out of my mind. I started barrens invasions at level 5 and just kept running phase 1-2 over and over

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
At the moment, they've announced that Brawler will be closed for the duration, meaning at least 7.0, if not 7.1.

I'm assuming that the invasions will keep popping until 0:00 when the expansion is enabled.

Actually they may keep going a while they were saying invasions would still happen periodically for a while. It probably won't be all 6 lit at once but it sounded like they are still going to be happening for a while.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

Maybe a hyrbrid where each expansion is one scaling level. So once you get to the next expansion you could still hulk smash old raids but this would allow you to pick which zones you do and actually be able to finish them without them greying out and being useless when you are halfway through them.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
FFXIV does that completely, basically. Instanced content is almost across the board (except absolute top end stuff) level or gear level capped. This means that you run pre-expac content at pre-xpac levels with what was considered "good" gear for those levels. It turns off abilities/passives/etc appropriately while in the instanced content. This holds true for running around lower level areas and doing the "fates" (I guess they'd be invasions now? in WoW) as in order to hit anything or take part, you have to sync your level to the level of the content.

Then they added with the xpac the ability to do "unsync" content where you don't need a full group and there are no limits on gear/level. I don't think a lot of the normal loot drops, but you can go steamroll the f' out of older content if you want.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
This scaling tech blows my simpleton mind. How does it work? For example, during these invasions how on earth can a level 10 and a level 100 fight the same mob and have it be appropriately challenging for both of us? Does everything work on hidden percentages now or something? I'm really curious about the mechanics behind how it works.

peeew.gif

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So does Hyjal have like zero Alliance on it? I leveled an Alliance Paladin with the invasions and SW/Ironforge are ghost towns where Orgrimmar and shit is PACKED all the time.