World of Warcraft: Current Year

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
So I fucked up with my arti (fire sword), spending the first 4 points in the wrong direction before I realized how the respec system worked - it's currently level 11, and I'm thinking it'd be better to respec it now while it will only cost me 875 points so I can complete the path towards the first major passive before I reach level 13 and the arti power requirements skyrocket the way you guys are describing. Thoughts?
fire-mage-artifact.jpg

I went 3 points down path 2 then 1 down path 5 before I realized I'd fucked up.

Sidenote, but Highmountain is the first of the zones I really don't like. It feels really out of sync with the rest of the expansion with the whole Thunderbluff 2.0 vibe, and frankly the content is kinda boring compared to the other 3, especially just coming from Valsharah.

Malkav

French Madman
So I fucked up with my arti (fire sword), spending the first 4 points in the wrong direction before I realized how the respec system worked - it's currently level 11, and I'm thinking it'd be better to respec it now while it will only cost me 875 points so I can complete the path towards the first major passive before I reach level 13 and the arti power requirements skyrocket the way you guys are describing. Thoughts?
View attachment 9413

I went 3 points down path 2 then 1 down path 5 before I realized I'd fucked up.

Sidenote, but Highmountain is the first of the zones I really don't like. It feels really out of sync with the rest of the expansion with the whole Thunderbluff 2.0 vibe, and frankly the content is kinda boring compared to the other 3, especially just coming from Valsharah.

I'd say go for it if it's only 875AP to reset it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Azrayne

Yeah think I will - I don't know if the gain scales to match the costs after 13, but I'd rather just fix it than find out. Cheers.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk

Val Sharah was boring as hell to me. Another zone full of stereotypical druid stuff, so tired of that! It looked nice, but the storyline and quests were meh. I much prefer Highmountain. Highmountain gave me a similar vibe as Kunlai Summit in MoP, which is one of my favorite zones ever.

• 1Like

Azrayne

I'm mainly concerned with getting the first major passive effect before the level curve skyrockets, since it's supposed to be a really decent DPS boost. I imagine either way it won't make a big difference a month or three from now, but it feels like it'll make less of a difference if I bite the bullet and just respec.

Val Sharah was boring as hell to me. Another zone full of stereotypical druid stuff, so tired of that! It looked nice, but the storyline and quests were meh. I much prefer Highmountain. Highmountain gave me a similar vibe as Kunlai Summit in MoP, which is one of my favorite zones ever.

Each their own I guess. I've always loved the forest zones (although I think the unicorns were a bit much), and the story in VS actually tied into older WC lore and a bunch of major characters in a way that was engaging and consequential.

Highmountain looks cool as an environment, but all the faux-Amerindian Tauren shit is a bit much for me, it just feels kind of silly for some reason, especially since I came into Legion expecting more demon armies and ancient ruins and less random Tauren tribes I've never heard of before and give zero fucks about.

Last edited:

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I'm mainly concerned with getting the first major passive effect before the level curve skyrockets, since it's supposed to be a really decent DPS boost. I imagine either way it won't make a big difference a month or three from now, but it feels like it'll make less of a difference if I bite the bullet and just respec.

Each their own I guess. I've always loved the forest zones (although I think the unicorns were a bit much), and the story in VS actually tied into older WC lore and a bunch of major characters in a way that was engaging and consequential.

Highmountain looks cool as an environment, but all the faux-Amerindian Tauren shit is a bit much for me, it just feels kind of silly for some reason, especially since I came into Legion expecting more demon armies and ancient ruins and less random Tauren tribes I've never heard of before and give zero fucks about.
Everyone is locked from mythic+ and raids. Think you'll be caught up by their release.

Sharinel

Golden Squire
I went 3 points down path 2 then 1 down path 5 before I realized I'd fucked up..

The one point in path 5 is your only mistake imo. I took 3 points in Cauterizing Blink (awesome for levelling) then went down path 2. Now I'm halfway through path 1. I think you will be fine by the time you need it, you'll definately have both paths by next week.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Finished off all of Azsuna and Val'sharah plus all my class quests and tradeskill stuff. That took me to just about 108. Three days off after today, easy push to 110. Expansion is great. I'm itching to level up some alts to check out their artifacts/order halls/quest lines but I wanna get my shaman to 110 and get world quest stuff started first. I'm no gold merchant like some of our people but I've been selling all the ore I collect each night before bed. That alone has net me over 20k. Not bad for someone who only uses gold to buy flying on alts!

Good times overall. A+ leveling experience.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Bit annoyed that Suramar is gated behind faction. Need to get to honored before continuing. Just a few days, I know. Still. Did all the ley line and World Events when they pop. Anyone lucky with this daily training mission? I wonder how much it benefits you spending 1000 ancient mana for more fiends in the end. Mine are usually dying all in the third room.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
OK.... so I'm getting my alts to L101 for OH tier 1 so when I decide to level them later I'll be fine. They were all around 715-720 going into expac. So far DK, DH and Monk have completely trucked mobs. My mage, however, is ungodly slow comparatively. I'm not sure if it's just scaling nonsense or poor tuning but it feels like it takes forever. Is this just an ilvl hiccup with scaling and everything or is that theme continued?

Azrayne

The one point in path 5 is your only mistake imo. I took 3 points in Cauterizing Blink (awesome for levelling) then went down path 2. Now I'm halfway through path 1. I think you will be fine by the time you need it, you'll definately have both paths by next week.

Yeah I wasn't really planning ahead and was eyeing the second ability on path 5 - should have done my research into the arti stuff, but I was caught up in enjoying WoW for the first time in half a decade or so. Oh well.

My mage, however, is ungodly slow comparatively. I'm not sure if it's just scaling nonsense or poor tuning but it feels like it takes forever. Is this just an ilvl hiccup with scaling and everything or is that theme continued?

I found it a bit slow at first (although nowhere near as bad as levelling a mage in WOD was), but once I got a few levels in it sped up. No idea what the causal factor is, although I got the hang of the new class design with the arti spell in the rotation and that helped a lot with AOE pulls - killing mobs while leveling has been a bit slow on mages for the last few expansions, as I remember it.

If you aren't, swap to fire. The other two are significantly inferior.

Last edited:

Brikker

Trump's Staff
On the topic of Artifact progression:

I've been spending points in Enhance based off the Icy Veins page. Was planning on doing this for the future and all other characters as Icy Veins seems to be the go-to for high end/end-game these days. Is there any reason not to follow those artifact progression guides?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yes, they are usually geared to patchwerk parses. For most people doing say 30% more aoe dps is far more important than doing 3% more single target - just QOL, questing, raid trash, etc.

I can't speak for every artifact but I know several have pretty big gap fillers (frost DK aoe dps for instance) whereas the other options are comparatively minor upgrades to single skills or utility skills/defensive stuff which is less useful.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I did the Hall of Valor dungeon this morning. Favorite one so far...once again tons of skippable trash.

It looks great and the fights were fun. Really liked it.
Did the quest in there last night, and easily one of my favorite dungeons in WoW. The theme and look is amazing.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Karazhan lookin' fucking awesome. There's upsidedown rooms and shit?!? So maybe that rumor of an unpside down Kara really does lay below the tower?

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
Jesus that Kara looks amazing

From MMO Champion

Karazhan
  • You can quest with Khadgar outside of Karazhan to rid the area of Legion influence.
  • The loot will be great, you will want to do it.
  • There is an upside down section, chess encounter, Alice in Wonderland section, all new plays.
  • Entire new areas were added to the dungeon, including new bosses.
  • There will be a mix of the nostalgia and a fresh new experience.

Trial of Valor Raid
  • Odyn is brought down a little further, deems you worthy, sends you to Helheim.
  • In Helheim, you fight Guarm, the three headed dog from Helheim during questing.
  • You then get to fight Helya!
  • You will play through different parts of Illidan's life and get a continuation of his story in this raid.
  • Trial of Valor fits between the two raids that have already been announced, some good trinkets drop here.

Suramar
  • You go on the offensive, taking the fight to the Legion to deny them the Nightwell.
  • There will be weekly quests for around nine weeks, allowing you to play through more of the story.
  • A lot of the content is pretty far along, will probably be on the PTR in the next few weeks.

paxWest16.jpg

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
Patch is seriously looking amazing. This entire expansion is so refreshing, so much content already omg