World of Warcraft: Current Year

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Oh I have no doubt there is a me problem attached somewhere in there. I've got an addon called Ovale, which basically is similar to a WA string that helps with rotation. Tells you basically what to pop next for best DPS. Based off latest Simcraft rotations. The 130k was sustained, I'm unsure what I bursted up towards, but it wasn't that much I don't think. So I'm clearly not doing something right.

I'm not a huge fan of Tell me when style mods especially for enhance.

Also the iceyveins guide for shamans is kind of crap. Wordup's priority list goes like this and it has given me good results.

Boulderfist (always keep one charge on cd)
Frostbrand (refresh at 4 sec or less)
Flametongue (refresh at 4 sec or less)
Doomwinds (with three above up)
Feral spirits
Stormstrike
Crash lightning above eighty Maelstrom
Lava Lash above 90 Maelstrom.

This list assumes the 3313312 setup for talents.

The biggest issue right now for a lot of enhance shaman seems to be the pooling. There are a lot of times that you sit there just autoing to pool up for a big stormstrike string which is counter intuitive for a lot of people.

edit:

They are nerfing the kite because with two other toys it allows you to fly around zones. Can cover half of a zone if you get the angling down.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
The biggest issue right now for a lot of enhance shaman seems to be the pooling. There are a lot of times that you sit there just autoing to pool up for a big stormstrike string which is counter intuitive for a lot of people.

This has been my biggest issue so far. Since I started playing enh for raids back in wrath, you always used every damn GCD you had or you were doing it wrong. It's such a hard habit for me to break at this point, especially when I never really played anything else to get the hang of it. It's also just not a playstyle I find fun. The rotation now is boring as fuck compared to the old priority queue. But yeah, Wordup knows his shit and has a guide on wowhead as well as lots of good videos on youtube.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
Oh gotcha, wrong trinkets. Oops.

So vote for most invincible class/spec for leveling 100-110. I'm apparently a scrub lord, and despite getting to 110 on my Enhancement Shaman, it wasn't a fun time, and I'd actively try and avoid elites, as it was a bad time fighting them. Want to make that experience just the opposite for the 2nd class I take to 110.

Outlaw Rogue, Any tank I suppose, BM Hunter, Destro/Demon Warlock?

BM hunter. Everything was a joke. Even rares that would take 1/3rd of my pets hp(only ran into one in suramar), you can rez them in a second and the mob goes right back on them.

• 1Like

Rope

This has been my biggest issue so far. Since I started playing enh for raids back in wrath, you always used every damn GCD you had or you were doing it wrong. It's such a hard habit for me to break at this point, especially when I never really played anything else to get the hang of it. It's also just not a playstyle I find fun. The rotation now is boring as fuck compared to the old priority queue. But yeah, Wordup knows his shit and has a guide on wowhead as well as lots of good videos on youtube.

100% agree with this. A lot of my go to classes pool resource now and it fucking kills me. I need to spam. Let me mash.

• 1Like

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Ah, Shaman bitching. Wouldn't be WoW without that!

I'm thinking about buying it again and I heard Shaman were in a really, really good place right now and one of the best classes. Best healer, with Enh and Ele being in a good place as well.

I main a Shaman, so is that not true?

Malkav

French Madman
100% agree with this. A lot of my go to classes pool resource now and it fucking kills me. I need to spam. Let me mash.

To each his own. On my end I absolutely despise having to spam fillers/builders on GCD.
Being GCD locked with different abilities? Ok. Spamming one ability 70% of the time in your rotation? That's neither fun nor difficult.

I'm looking at you Shear (Vengeance DH).

Argarth

On the verandah
Only 102 on my Rogue, and leveling in Highmountain. Really enjoying the artifacts / questing / zones / cut-scenes etc. No complaints about the aesthetic side of Legion at all, simply stunning.

Some other things, partly based on what I've read about what is "still to come" that concern me.
  • I've also got 9 alts at lvl 100, and the thought of progressing more than one of the 4 or 5 others that I really like to any sort of useful artifact power level, seems too daunting to even contemplate.
  • My professions army is probably going to sit and rot, since even basic crafts (like legion flasks that can still be used at 100) seem to be locked behind lvl 110 quest and dungeon gating.
  • The zone scaling / crowds (and now constant world questing I guess for all the max level characters?) means I'm really struggling to find any ore or herb nodes to farm. At least skinning still works.
  • For the first time since Vanilla, I'm wishing I was no longer on a PvP server. At least on Barthilas (Oceanic) and whatever is lumped in via CRZ, it feels like I'm the only Alliance player in the zone, regardless of when I log in. Getting constantly gang-banged by teams of high level Horde is getting really tiring. If I don't mash my stealth button the second I land at a quest hub, I'm usually dead in a few seconds. Trying to level right now on a non-stealth alt would be literally impossible.
Other than that I'm having a really good time, but those things I've listed have somewhat tarnished the experience, and I can't really see any solutions. (except of course moving servers for the last one)

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
has anyone gotten the "balance of power" quest to spawn in their class hall?

supposedly it spawns in your Class hall after the class campaign and a certain Ilevel.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Ah, Shaman bitching. Wouldn't be WoW without that!

I'm thinking about buying it again and I heard Shaman were in a really, really good place right now and one of the best classes. Best healer, with Enh and Ele being in a good place as well.

I main a Shaman, so is that not true?

No, it's true. Some people don't like the way the changes went but I've mained Shaman since release and I can't remember a time when they were better off all around.

Only 102 on my Rogue, and leveling in Highmountain. Really enjoying the artifacts / questing / zones / cut-scenes etc. No complaints about the aesthetic side of Legion at all, simply stunning.

Some other things, partly based on what I've read about what is "still to come" that concern me.
  • I've also got 9 alts at lvl 100, and the thought of progressing more than one of the 4 or 5 others that I really like to any sort of useful artifact power level, seems too daunting to even contemplate.
My professions army is probably going to sit and rot, since even basic crafts (like legion flasks that can still be used at 100) seem to be locked behind lvl 110 quest and dungeon gating.
One of the great ironies of everyone leveling their alts and getting them ready for the xpac is that, due to the nature of the progression, most of those characters won't get played much, if at all. I went ahead and got the first artifact on each of my characters just to see how they played out but they would have to add some serious catch-up mechanics before I even thought about touching them on a regular basis. There is just too much stuff to do with too much time investment to be trying to play a bunch of characters at once.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Oh gotcha, wrong trinkets. Oops.

So vote for most invincible class/spec for leveling 100-110. I'm apparently a scrub lord, and despite getting to 110 on my Enhancement Shaman, it wasn't a fun time, and I'd actively try and avoid elites, as it was a bad time fighting them. Want to make that experience just the opposite for the 2nd class I take to 110.

Outlaw Rogue, Any tank I suppose, BM Hunter, Destro/Demon Warlock?
Warriors are stupid op solo levelling (prot) . If you keep ignore pain up and have it talented you'll never take any damage. The damage you do take can he healed with victory rush afterwards. Had no trouble with elites at all until one in suramar hit a little too hard. I just ran.

Qerero

Golden Knight of the Realm
Dinged 110 in game last night, dinging 110 here on the forum now. Booya. Gotta be some kind of sign.

Still really digging Survival. I'll throw Surv into the group of specs that are pretty invincible while levelling. Rares were no problem at all and I never thought twice about going in, especially with CDs up. The only thing that caused a little bit of worry was pulling too many, but that was also usually manageable - again, as long as the artifact ability was available. If not, it has escape tools.

I wasn't sure about how it would do in dungeons since the knock on the spec seems to be weak aoe, but so far I've been competitive if not clearly out in front in the few I've done. Hopefully it scales decently going forward.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Add resto shaman to the unkillable while leveling list. I don't kill as fast as enhance or elemental but dying never enters the equation. Elite mobs just means it takes longer to kill. It is actually making me lazy since I can usually just stand in the mob's aoe/special and ignore it with riptide/totem.

Junun

September 6th notes, spoiler for length.

Hotfixes

Classes

Demon Hunter

(Hotfix in testing) Demon Hunter Sigils will now correctly activate if the Demon Hunter is crowd controlled after placing the Sigil.
Priest

The Discipline Priest artifact trait Sins of the Many will now properly increase Atonement healing done.
Spending artifact trait points as a Discipline Priest should no longer reduce the amount of Atonement healing done by Shadowfiend or Mindbender.
Class Halls

In Skyhold, Quartermaster Durnholf will pay more attention to players and not walk away from them so quickly.
Dungeons

Assault on Violet Hold
Mindflayer Kaahrj's Faceless Tendril should now prefer targets that are not being targeted by Eternal Darkness.
Corrected a spawn location for Mindflayer Kaahrj's Faceless Tendril that was inside the floor.
Maw of Souls
Helarjar Champions’ Bone Chilling Scream does not hit pets anymore.
Darkheart Thicket
Rotheart Keeper's Vile Mushrooms now explode, damaging nearby enemies.
Items

(Hotfix in testing) Rocfeather Skyhorn Kite: cooldown raised to 15 minutes (was 2 minutes). Shared cooldown raised to 3 minutes.
(Hotfix in testing) Brulfist Idol: Knockback height reduced significantly.
Developers’ Notes: The two toys above (combined, or in conjunction with other things such as Emerald Winds) were too effective and diminished the value of utility and world-navigation tools that are core to certain classes and professions.
Touch of the Void: the tentacles summoned by this trinket no longer scale past level 100.
Reduced the active effect potency of Heirloom trinkets acquired from Warlords of Draenor Mythic Dungeons.
Fixed a bug that could cause players, who were simultaneously both very lucky and very unlucky, to receive the same legendary item more than once.
Missions

Significantly improved the quality of the bonus reward available on Artifact Power missions..
NPCs

Pollous the Fetid in Val'sharah should no longer evade and become unkillable.
Unstable Powers now target fewer players with their Unstable Power orbs.
Inquisitor Tivos’ Drain and Searing Gaze should now target fewer players.
Professions

Engineering

Gunshoes and Gunpowder Charges should now craft stacks instead of single items.
Skinning

The amounts of leather and scales dropped per creature skinned have been reduced.
Quests

Druids who abandoned either "Essence of Balance" or "Essence of Regrowth" should now be able to reaccept the quests by returning to the Emerald Dreamway.
Profession World Quests can now be completed in a raid group.
Suramar

Completing the quest "Make Your Mark" should now properly count progress towards the achievement "Why Can't I Hold All This Mana?"
Players who have completed "Jarl Come Back Now" but are not Neutral with Jandvik Vrykul can return to Toryl in Jandvik to get their reputation reset.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Sure would be nice to log into this mobile app and not need my damn authenticator when I switch to LTE while at work on my phone. I don't want to put my auth on my keychain. Unless I just switch to the mobile auth instead I guess. Shouldn't be a reason why the app just can't use the mac address of my iphone, register back and check back on log in to verify it is my mac address logging in and not someone else's before asking for verification through Authenticator.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
One of the great ironies of everyone leveling their alts and getting them ready for the xpac is that, due to the nature of the progression, most of those characters won't get played much, if at all. I went ahead and got the first artifact on each of my characters just to see how they played out but they would have to add some serious catch-up mechanics before I even thought about touching them on a regular basis. There is just too much stuff to do with too much time investment to be trying to play a bunch of characters at once.

Agreed. I got my Pally up to 102 so I could farm felslate for my Eng Rogue and just sort of ran out of steam. I don't have the time needed to plow through 2 characters progressions. Love Legion though so far.