World of Warcraft: Current Year

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Mind Blast's hotbar icon looks so much like a bottlecap or a cork. I was the first priest to hit 60 worldwide and played for about two years without ever realizing that was a bloodshot eye.

It looked like the top of a wine bottle in cloth to me and I never questioned it.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I've hated this game since the end of Wrath, I've bought every expansion and regretted it since then, however, they fucking killed it this expansion. I've never been so compelled by the story to keep playing and actually read the quests, they did a great job.

As for the Arms vs. Fury argument; I watched a video of how Arms played and it seemed boring as shit so I stuck with Fury. Did I done goof?

Agree, still really enjoying this expansion so far.

I started as Fury and was annoyed at making the switch to arms because A) It's not that exciting B) It's way better dps C) Artifact Power. I know those fuckers are going to bump Fury and I am gonna be fucking annoyed I worked to get the traits into Arms...

Soeaking of Arms, which version are people playing: Mortal Combo or Focused Rage? Seeing any huge difference? I know Focused Rage is supposed to be the better dps option, but not sure by how much. It's so fucking button mashy. It's pretty unsatisfying. Haven't even tried Mortal Combo which is supposed to be more "natural".

Last edited:

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Been running about 20 heroics or so a day trying to get a dam legendary - from what i noticed it seems mythic has higher shot since 7 in guild have them from mythics and no one from heroics or dailies.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Been running about 20 heroics or so a day trying to get a dam legendary - from what i noticed it seems mythic has higher shot since 7 in guild have them from mythics and no one from heroics or dailies.
You shouldnt try to get a legendary, you will go crazy. Got mine on my first heroic but i really dont care if i get another for like a month because i have to wait till my class hall upgrade is maxed anyway to equip a second.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I guess this is rather akin to Destiny where it is assumed you will have a legendary and presumably later on two of them. I've not seen one drop yet, but my guild is just a skeleton of what it once was so we don't have more than 5-6 people actively playing.

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
Bit annoyed if arms is better than fury. I've mained arms since vanilla beta, swapped to fury this xpac due to reading up and fancying a change. No way I'm swapping now though at 19 points in, until catch up is much faster

Last edited:

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Given the exponential nature of the AP costs, though, it is quite viable to level up two different weapons and be only a few points behind the bleeding-edge with either.

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
Given the exponential nature of the AP costs, though, it is quite viable to level up two different weapons and be only a few points behind the bleeding-edge with either.
Ive been putting points into my prot arti to make withered training easier and in case I need prot for a group wq. Got the first gold on that though, so maybe start doing my arms now, in same manner as the prot.

Dragonaut

Molten Core Raider
Eh. It's a pretty good expansion but I had my fill after a week. Something about it has just gotten so tedious. The way everything is spoonfed to you and so on, it's not like that's a new thing but Legion takes it to such an extreme degree. The game has a total absence of any sense of discovery, and it's so over-designed that it loses its personality. That and the time-gating which they've taken so far that I felt held back by it after just a few days of moderate play. The expansion itself is good on the whole but WoW itself has just become such a mindnumbingly formulaic and over-designed game. It's not because I've simply had enough of WoW; I'll still play on private servers to enjoy the game the way it used to be.

It's undeniable that WoW's decline has gone precisely hand in hand with its movement toward casualization and the dumbing-down that we all know has happened since the first four or five years. People always insist that they did this to attract more players, but the results contradict this quite starkly: the game was at its best before that, and has been getting steadily worse since, despite the fact that there's clearly no shortage of people who want to play WoW if you judge by its private server scene and how much buzz surrounds each new expansion. It just hasn't really clicked at any point post-WotLK, and while Legion is a huge step up from WoD, it doesn't provide the thing that took the game to its peak.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

Yup when my next main spec option costs around 12k AP and my off spec is at 300 per I figured it was time to give some love to my resto staff. Now I just need to find another couple damn relics for it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Eh. It's a pretty good expansion but I had my fill after a week. Something about it has just gotten so tedious. The way everything is spoonfed to you and so on, it's not like that's a new thing but Legion takes it to such an extreme degree. The game has a total absence of any sense of discovery, and it's so over-designed that it loses its personality.

I don't know if it's because I went into the expansion completely blind but I've felt there is a lot more discovery in this expansion than there has been since Vanilla days. They held back quite a bit of information from how to spawn certain quests, to how to unlock hidden artifact skins and such.

That and the time-gating which they've taken so far that I felt held back by it after just a few days of moderate play.

I agree with this. It's starting to get on my nerves already as well. The WQ's are nothing more than the same exact quests you completed in each zone while levelling up and the fact that they are the only real way to raise my rep is no different than the dailies that I absolutely abhor. I really wish they'd get away from this. Please, for the love of god, give me back the WoTLK/Cata tabard system.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Hell, even making only bosses in heroics (or even just mythic) dungeons give 100 - 250rep a piece would be fine. I'd ignore every WQ except ones needed for Emissary until I got the lego I want.