World of Warcraft: Current Year

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
It does seem odd that with 12 different apparently weekly World Bosses that we'd get Jim two weeks in a row so early in the expansion.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Guess I'm a little clueless how looting in groups/raids work now. I'm used to loot popping up and people picking greed/need then the game showing the rolls each person got. Does the game decide this all for you based on your current spec and gear? What if I'm dps and want to collect some tank gear?

Also, got the ring/trinket off Jim last week. If I purchase seals for this week, possible that I'm just wasting seals on dupe gear or will I get the plate helm and cloak?

xzi

Mouthbreather
You can switch your look spec, right click on portrait and change loot spec to tank.

Also yeah you can get the same loot again pretty sure.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
this is why i wish they would implement a "legendary loot spec" i want to farm Mythic+ dps gear without the chance of it dropping a legendary im only going to use as an offspec. also 2 days remaining until i can equip 2 legendaries with zero drops so far...

personal loot started the same time LFR did (i think), it gives more loot per mob than Master loot and can be swapped between players that were there for the kill. You can get identical loot, i got portalguard handgrips off the same boss 2 weeks in a row (one was warforged). I'm not sure the deciding factors other than loot spec, i dont know how much "is this an upgrade" comes into play since otherwise people would try to game the system by putting a piece of shitty gear in the gear slot they wanted to improve.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Loot spec is new to me. I thought it was just for quest items. If I select the same loot spec as someone else in the group, we'll both roll on it regardless of what we're wearing? Also, how does the game decide what gear corresponds to which spec?

Are world bosses different in that everyone gets a piece of loot?

Last edited:

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Also, got the ring/trinket off Jim last week. If I purchase seals for this week, possible that I'm just wasting seals on dupe gear or will I get the plate helm and cloak?

Were the ring and trinket titanforged to 895? If not you wouldn't really be wasting the rolls since you could potentially get a much better version of the item you already have.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was curious if those were on a rotation or RNG and it looks like it is the latter. That is going to make the achivement to unlock the skin for killing each world boss take a lot longer.

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Praise RNGjesus! A solid tank 865 trinket from mythic eye WQ!

Ugh, I just checked and my druid gets the trinket while my monk gets a neck piece. Would love to have the stamina trinket for both.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I was rocking a fucking 830 shitty AGI trinket with the stun this entire time bro. Combine that with Shard of Rokmora, Legendary Shield Amulet...

The Last Brewmaster just got more survivable!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I was curious if those were on a rotation or RNG and it looks like it is the latter. That is going to make the achivement to unlock the skin for killing each world boss take a lot longer.

Gotta keep those subs rolling in.

I'm still rocking the same ilvl 835 Agi/haste trinket and 840 Heroic Mastery/AE proc trinket I've had since the 2nd? week of expansion. They are my worst slots and I can't get shit to drop for decent trinkets. Wasting rolls on Jim again this week it looks like since his trinket is top 3 for Single and Multi target BM Hunter! Woo. I'm also using an 840 chest that was an upgrade from a quest. I still have quest gear on at ilvl 855 :(

Deathwing Deathwing : loot - Personal loot unless the group/raid leader specifically sets it to different (which basically never happens until you hit Heroic raids). You have nothing to do with anyone's drops but your own. You can trade most shit to people you were grouped with when the item dropped, if you don't want it (and vice versa). Loot will drop based on your loot spec; this includes relics and legendaries. You don't roll against anyone; just loot bosses as you kill shit and it will have gold, artifact power, gear, or blood of sargeras (or a mix of those).

You can see the loot that drops for each spec per boss in the Dungeon Journal (Shift-J)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
I was rocking a fucking 830 shitty AGI trinket with the stun this entire time bro. Combine that with Shard of Rokmora, Legendary Shield Amulet...

The Last Brewmaster just got more survivable!

Really annoying. WQ items must be determined for your spec when they spawn? I logged out MW on my monk so i'm seeing a shitty, useless neck when i'd much rather have a hard to find stamina trinket. Switching specs didnt make any difference. My druid logged out in feral so he gets the stamina trinket.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
It's random. I've been BM pretty much 99% of the time since hitting 110 but I've still gotten a lot of blood and life relic WQ's (survival and marksmanship relics).