World of Warcraft: Current Year

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
i did some pretty extensive testing on the PTR after the raid last night, these tests were done at 27% haste 50% mastery.

Indomitable is still hands down the best talent instead of devastator, devastator feels more fluid to play with but indomitable completely wins out. in 5 minute tests im only getting a few more IPs from devastator and it doesn't make up for the fairly large bump (25%) you get from indomitable. They are 100% going to either need to nerf indomitable or buff devastator to generate more rage. I like what they are trying to do with the warrior class by giving it two different options but dev is simply not going to be taken over the other talent in the Row.

on the topic of DPS, its bad. i was testing on a target dummy and barely pulling 160k (without revenge since i wasn't getting free procs) on live servers im getting ~170-180k single target on low movement fight (ursoc). Revenge will probably bump that to be fairly equal but i was hoping there would be a bump to our dps to make us comparable to DH and Bear tanks (able to hit at least 200k without having to rely on legendary gloves) - Warriors with the gloves and mythic gear can hit around 280k dps single target (ursoc again) ~ ilevel 890.

I was hoping that lowering your HP(improves your RFDT) and the rage gain from Devastator would let you use IP more than just a few extra times. Seeing your results, I'm guessing this changes are more aimed at dealing with these complaints: spamming devastate for 2/3rd of your GCD is boring(so now you get to add tclap!) and pressing focus rage is boring. I'm being somewhat sarcastic here. Mixing tclap into the rotation and having to watch for revenge procs might actually be enough to fix the boredom problem. Bears are pretty much that(two proc watchers, 1 6s cd, 1 filler) and I'm much less bored tanking on my bear than warrior.

Speaking of focus rage(prot), why is that even still around?

Did they take revenge off the GCD? In single target tanking(where you were only using revenge to replace a devastate), a SS crit saved you ~20 rage off an IP and it was off the GCD. But if you have to go through the GCD now to get those same savings AND revenge no longer generates rage itself, this might actually be a rage nerf in that sense. And since shield block is eating the rage from tclap, this might be a rage nerf in all situations.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Focused Rage is gone for Prot (i hope they remove it from Arms as well), Revenge is not off the GCD so it makes vengeance weaving a bit more complicated.

vengeance does basically the same thing except it affects Revenge instead of FR. It didn't feel like i was generating less Rage, i had more SS over a 5 minute interval than on live which could be due to hot streaks of procs, or due to Tclap resetting SS instead of just devastate.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
100k dps differences between classes are balanced. More legendaries added to the pool to prevent me from getting the one to make me competitive with rest of raid who does have good ones.

Logged out immediately after raid luls, see ya next week WoW

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
100k dps differences between classes are balanced. More legendaries added to the pool to prevent me from getting the one to make me competitive with rest of raid who does have good ones.

Logged out immediately after raid luls, see ya next week WoW
Have you considered the possibility that you're just bad?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Focused Rage is gone for Prot (i hope they remove it from Arms as well), Revenge is not off the GCD so it makes vengeance weaving a bit more complicated.

vengeance does basically the same thing except it affects Revenge instead of FR. It didn't feel like i was generating less Rage, i had more SS over a 5 minute interval than on live which could be due to hot streaks of procs, or due to Tclap resetting SS instead of just devastate.
Thank God. Focused rage was such a shit ability to have to use.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Considering I'm always one of the last people alive every fight, flask+food, prepot+pot during fight and can do my rotation with 1 hand and my eyes closed... I'm ruling that out

I'm sure Kreugen has wonderful things to say about sub with double trash legendaries atm too

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Sweet, another feral pvp nerf after the pvp playstyle neutering a couple weeks ago. What the fuck blizzard

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Warriors is really not any more complicated

shield slam if its up, revenge if you are close to shield slam coming up, devastate the rest of the time. keep shield block and IP up. the only way it gets more complicated is with talents, if you have vengeance/ultimatum push focused rage when it lights up.

on PTR its going to be the same

SS>Thunderclap>spam Devastate hit revenge if it lights up and keep Shield block/IP up

with devastator SS>Thunderclap>revenge if it lights up, SB/IP.

Last edited:

Khane

Got something right about marriage
New guild wants me to main Balance and be Guardian for 3 tank fights so I've been trying to gear up for Balance. I've never played the spec before because I never really liked the playstyle but figured I'd give it a shot.

With my current gear I can do about 350k in burst phases and do about 290k on the target dummy with no movement and no food/flask/pots. Figured I'd be able to get close to 400k burst and 320k or so sustained in a raid environment with flask/food/pots/lust. Yea no.

Trying to learn Balance AND learn fights I've never really done (or just never done as DPS) is fucking lol. I think I did 240k on Guarm Heroic last night which is about as easy as it gets in terms of mechanics. I am so goddamn bad at Balance and I hate playing it too. Think I'm just gonna stick to M+ which I actually enjoy now that I have a solid group of people I regularly play with.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
New guild wants me to main Balance and be Guardian for 3 tank fights so I've been trying to gear up for Balance. I've never played the spec before because I never really liked the playstyle but figured I'd give it a shot.

With my current gear I can do about 350k in burst phases and do about 290k on the target dummy with no movement and no food/flask/pots. Figured I'd be able to get close to 400k burst and 320k or so sustained in a raid environment with flask/food/pots/lust. Yea no.

Trying to learn Balance AND learn fights I've never really done (or just never done as DPS) is fucking lol. I think I did 240k on Guarm Heroic last night which is about as easy as it gets in terms of mechanics. I am so goddamn bad at Balance and I hate playing it too. Think I'm just gonna stick to M+ which I actually enjoy now that I have a solid group of people I regularly play with.
When do you come crawling back?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
When do you come crawling back?

The large, sweeping majority of the FoH guild has people who play the game for different reasons than I do. Our goals don't mesh. I'm pretty happy with the new guild, bunch of people who play the game the way I do.

I just got my 34th Artifact trait last night

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
The large, sweeping majority of the FoH guild has people who play the game for different reasons than I do. Our goals don't mesh. I'm pretty happy with the new guild, bunch of people who play the game the way I do.

I just got my 34th Artifact trait last night
U real life at all?

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Guild exploded last night. They kicked some of the shitters and that caused an explosion of guild quits from people who thought they where also getting kicked.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
I am in the Secret Sephuz club...and got the Windwalker ring last night. At least it wasn't the neck right? Holy shit both my lego rings are full of my spec's worst stats. One has an effect that doesn't work on raid bosses and the other is a total passive that admittedly helps the whole raid but is so damn hidden in it's value no one notices. But it's orange!