World of Warcraft: Current Year

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
There was a blue post saying that none of the quests would reset for the 7.2 patch.

also, first night of Tichondrius attempts got him to 1.6%, dying to enrage. we aren't doing the 6 blood strat which would probably have been a win. the fight seems a lot easier than Krosus/Botanist not sure if its harder than the reworked spellblade or not. the only cockblock we ran into is people breaking brands too early and healers not being able to keep up with seeker damage dot, would be a lot easier if we ran an extra rogue.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Also 8 hour downtime for 7.2 also, I can't remember the last Blizz had downtime that long.

Are they really leaving emissary chests at 835 for 7.2? And WQs at 845? That seems like something that is screaming to be inflated a bit.
What, you don't like trashing every single item you get from every WQ and emissary cache?

tezzuka

Bronze Knight of the Realm
i think the game is really catered to the casual. i dont worry about ap grinding or the RNG of item drops at all, and this has easily been my favorite expansion. but i 100% understand the frustration of the serious player, if i was playing wow as much as I used to when i MT this expac would be driving me nuts.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Honestly once I get all the regular points in my weapon and start working on my infinite trait I'm going to relax a bit and not push it as hard - it's just not worth me running the same dungeons 1000's of times for some RNG-based proc. I don't mind doing WQ's for caches and stuff, but they really need to adjust the rewards. Even something like some tokens you can get to buy some sort of gear or transmog or something would go a long way there.

I enjoy what we do in FOH, so on that front I'm happy, and this has been the most fun I've had in an expansion since main tanking in WOTLK. That was with a guild based out of Singapore and I was on an Oceanic realm so I was raiding like 10AM to 2PM 5x a week. It was weird and awesome as you'd expect, and they really found my name quite hilarious for some reason.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
What, you don't like trashing every single item you get from every WQ and emissary cache?

The level of items from WQ I know is going up in 7.2 and I believe dungeon drops as well. I am unsure if WQ boxes are effected by that or not. I think the main reason to keep doing those is the super exhalted or whatever rep stuff can give toys/pets/mounts every so many rep points gained in a faction after exhalted.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Welp, got Star Bro to 3% on our best attempt last night. Going to suck having to have people relearn it on Tuesday with the nameplate changes.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Welp, got Star Bro to 3% on our best attempt last night. Going to suck having to have people relearn it on Tuesday with the nameplate changes.
That's such a dumb change. It affects me very little but I don't understand what really promoted this change.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I am a broken man
I moved them into a proper display order but didn't hit save.

Then I deleted the old forum that didn't have sub forums in it. No "are you sure" or anything, just deleted it. Since the display order wasn't saved it still had all the subs ghosted under it ....

Worst design ever combined with the worst admin ever. First and last time!!

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Wait. What?

Restore that stuff from backups, please. There was a lot of stuff in there and you've got to have backups, right?

xzi

Mouthbreather
The Tauren and Dwarf racial bonuses Brawn and Might of the Mountain now correctly increase heals by 2% (was 1%).

WE ELIGIBLE FOR MYTHIC RAIDING CUTTING EDGE CONTENT NOW BOIS

-- Some of my personal favorite highlights

PvP Brawls
A series of new twists on popular player-versus-player activities are on the way. Starting with “Southshore vs. Tarren Mill”, “Gravity Lapse”, and “Warsong Scramble”, PvP Brawls offer a variety of mode, rules, and scenic changes to the usual Battleground gameplay. Look for the Brawl option in the Group Finder (default hotkey: i) Player vs. Player tab, under the Casual selection.

Archaeology
  • You can now get Artifact Power from Archaeology.
  • All enemies summoned by Archaeology can now be killed by multiple nearby players.
An “Open All” button has been added to the mailbox.

Quick Join Noodleface Noodleface no more whispering you cuck for invites!! sorry cuck
  • Auto Accept: A setting has been added to allow friends and guild members to instantly join your queues without a confirmation. This setting is located in Interface Options -> Social.
  • Group tooltips now show the available roles and if auto accept is enabled.
  • Right click a Quick Join group to whisper a member of that group.

The damage bonus that tanks and healers get per Artifact point spent has been increased to 0.65% for all tanks and Discipline Priests (was 0.5%), and the bonus has been increased to 1.3% for all other healers (was 1%)

Set tokens for all raids from Serpentshrine to Siege of Orgrimmar have been updated to provide loot for your spec on right-click, in the same manner as newer raid set tokens.