World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Got my 925 tier cloak last night. Feels good man. Trying to get some high rolls in a couple slots to keep the 2pc in tos

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
3 times tonight I've jumped down from Skyhold and ended up crashing/in Azsuna. Quality programming and shit.
Quality fix. My warriors now jump and appear straight at the landing zone. No more animation of dropping from the sky like Hulk.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Quality fix. My warriors now jump and appear straight at the landing zone. No more animation of dropping from the sky like Hulk.
Well, at least I won't take falling damage when I appear in the middle of Azsuna, then. Cool.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It makes you wonder what their code was actually doing

It was probably moving you at the speed of light and the server couldn't handle it. Rather than just putting your position on the ground and animating you falling

xzi

Mouthbreather
Honest question though, does anyone actually enjoy watching arenas?

No judging if you do but I've tried watching these streams today for the north america cup and it is the most boring shit in the universe, like they make everquest combat look like speedruns compared to arenas in wow it took about 98 years

Palum

what Suineg set it to
They went the wrong route. They needed to push RBGs with mid size maps and more game mechanics and objectives. Combat is boring in arena, but with objectives and large battles where you get solidly interesting moments and strategies (like knocking people off towers) you can really always find something interesting to cast at and switch between. Ultimately that's what makes it interesting, non stop highlight moments rather than drawn out boring "search for entire stealth team" nonsense and cc/healing duels.

Blizzard, having never played their own game, didn't realize that when you control for skill, terrain and numbers advantage you don't get wtfbbq hilarity anymore and no one gives a shit.

I mean they might as well make a clone of the Olympic games at this point and do like target dummy meter races and stupid shit because who cares.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
They went the wrong route. They needed to push RBGs with mid size maps and more game mechanics and objectives. Combat is boring in arena, but with objectives and large battles where you get solidly interesting moments and strategies (like knocking people off towers) you can really always find something interesting to cast at and switch between. Ultimately that's what makes it interesting, non stop highlight moments rather than drawn out boring "search for entire stealth team" nonsense and cc/healing duels.

Blizzard, having never played their own game, didn't realize that when you control for skill, terrain and numbers advantage you don't get wtfbbq hilarity anymore and no one gives a shit.

I mean they might as well make a clone of the Olympic games at this point and do like target dummy meter races and stupid shit because who cares.

Like a faster paced MOBA with more abilities. I guess BGs are kind of like FPS/MOBA hybrids. That woulda been a lot better I agree but I *think* RBGs suffer from all the same issues Arenas do. Turtling until cd's are up and tons of CC/healing.

FPS matches and MOBA matches are interesting to watch for the same reasons. No real, sustained healing. You commit and fight til you die or you try to retreat and regroup.

WoW is just a stand your ground slogfest because of healing. Makes it very boring to watch.

Last edited:

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Like a faster paced MOBA with more abilities. I guess BGs are kind of like FPS/MOBA hybrids. That woulda been a lot better I agree but I *think* RBGs suffer from all the same issues Arenas do. Turtling until cd's are up and tons of CC/healing.

FPS matches and MOBA matches are interesting to watch for the same reasons. No real, sustained healing. You commit and fight til you die or you try to retreat and regroup.

WoW is just a stand your ground slogfest because of healing. Makes it very boring to watch.

Sure but that's what dynamic maps are about. If they make it so you can't camp a tower because if you don't control the outside they can blow it up and kill everyone inside then it sort of forces you to not camp.

They just never spent enough time iterating, they're just now finally getting there with brawls. They are very active maps because of dynamic gameplay elements, they're super fun compared to arenas and regular BGs.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Pay 5999 nethershards to suck Khadgar's dick. This time he doesn't refund any of them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dyll

Molten Core Raider
Honest question though, does anyone actually enjoy watching arenas?

No judging if you do but I've tried watching these streams today for the north america cup and it is the most boring shit in the universe, like they make everquest combat look like speedruns compared to arenas in wow it took about 98 years

I haven't played arena a year or two, but back when I did - I liked to watch arena streams. Not sure what has changed since then in Legion, but you typically had to be actively involved in the arena ladder to really enjoy the streams. Even then, if you are watching 2v2 or some crap, it is still extremely boring. For me, I could say the same thing about something like LoL. I don't play LoL and have no idea what is going on, so I tried tuning in to a stream with like 50k viewers and to me, it was "the most boring shit in the universe", even tho lots of people thought it was exciting.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Must have been some bottom tier league tourney to only have 50k viewers. The difference between the 2 is people who play WoW actively still don't like watching arena.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
It makes you wonder what their code was actually doing

It was probably moving you at the speed of light and the server couldn't handle it. Rather than just putting your position on the ground and animating you falling

I will miss the meteor gnome arrival in new zones but frankly if they can put me in the zone I want to be in without murdering me I am okay with that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sure but that's what dynamic maps are about. If they make it so you can't camp a tower because if you don't control the outside they can blow it up and kill everyone inside then it sort of forces you to not camp.

They just never spent enough time iterating, they're just now finally getting there with brawls. They are very active maps because of dynamic gameplay elements, they're super fun compared to arenas and regular BGs.

I fully agree. The warsong gulch brawl is 100x more fun than normal warsong gulch. Having three flags means even a shitty team is probably not going to get skunked and at 100 honor a flag cap even a loss does not make people that salty as it still pretty good rewards for time and usually some good scrums all over the place. I honestly think the warsong brawl should get turned into the default as it is so much more fun than the default WSG.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
What's the insane content going to be tomorrow? I'm really frothing at the mouth
Oops. Forgot to farm my demons. Got like 30 because of some WQ, but I need to finish those...

(the bats you cannon shoot for 12 in a nightfallen WQ count)