World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
On the Naxx conversation: suddenly needing 8 geared tanks was a pretty big problem for us and ultimately caused us to never kill 4hm

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Ahh the pains of Naxx on a 22% Horder pop server, the recuitment pool was small, but at the same time it meant we was the only real raiding guild on the horde side so any decent player come right to us. We still got all server firsts in there and whole of vanilia but the 4H was a cunt, only reason we got it down was because we had some very well geared alt tanks (we let everyone bring alts to raids when on farm), and we pocached both tanks from the guild below us we had to gear them up a bit to get the 4 piece bonus (our alt tank were better geared when they joined). I seem to remember a grahpic bug as well that meant on certain graphics cards the void zones would not display.

Have to say thought you take away the 8 tank requirements and the void zone bug the fight was not that difficult and in someways was quite forgiving for mistakes

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Yea i cant think of any of the Naxx40 fights that were actually challenging by today's standards, bugs and gear aside.

Looks like 1 more guild has killed Avatar Alpha the chinese guild, it took 842 wipes. KJ also apparently had some "super sekrut" hotfixes that addressed some of the bugs, maybe the fight is doable now.

I'm wondering how hard they are going to have to nerf Avatar for it to be done by the "average" mythic progression guild. even with another 10 ilevels on the entire raid i dont think its possible for the average player. I'm assuming they'll nerf the healing reduction on the purple beam (its 10% per stack at the moment) and leave everything else the same, this would also make the class rogue stack requirement not nearly as harsh even though they are still good for Phase2. after watching future's progression runs it seems like most deaths are occurring due to the soakers unable to get healed and then get one shot by mechanics.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Any other tanks doing maiden ok H or M, is it worth soaking hammers solo? I tried and with boc specced it did roughly 6.1M hp total after all was said and done. Dont think our warrior can at all. Is this a BDK and druid only thing

Rime

<Donor>
On heroic, solo soaking a hammer is an option, but one that we only resort to if someone screws up and chain-spreads the bomb debuff. Not sure if it is something that should be relied on regularly, but yeah, only Blood Death Knights or Guardian Druids will be able to handle it without major issues.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
monk's can do it on heroic but you need to either spec HT or be good with stagger pause with BoC, take Dampen Harm as a safety net. make sure youre topped off before every hammer. I have around 8 million hp with a shaman healing me so its feasible i only really do it if my cotank is dead or someone screwed up bombs.

In general its a novelty and not really worth solo soaking them when you can just do it in a group and cause no problems.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That's what I thought, thanks. I'm only 7.4M hp so if I'm not completely topped off I'm dead. Didn't seem worth it outside emergencies

tezzuka

Was reading about using Bloodlust on Phase 2, when dps has stacks of the % enhanced damage. Coolies should be back up by then.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I can take one of them solo, but only one, and then all my CDs are down. It isn't worth it unless someone has completely screwed us and I need to live no matter what.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I would recommend doing them the standard way. as long as people shift sides when they get the infusion and then holy stack for creation and fel spread and vice versa the fight isn't difficult. for the ball phase just have everyone stand in melee and soak the balls in 2 lanes and just let the other lane go (or have a third person soak the third lane). in heroic/normal its easier to just play it safe and miss balls than it is to soak a wrong color.

tezzuka

I would recommend doing them the standard way. as long as people shift sides when they get the infusion and then holy stack for creation and fel spread and vice versa the fight isn't difficult. for the ball phase just have everyone stand in melee and soak the balls in 2 lanes and just let the other lane go (or have a third person soak the third lane). in heroic/normal its easier to just play it safe and miss balls than it is to soak a wrong color.

i agree sorting out who can take them and who cant might be a good idea, but we def need to utilize that mechanic. if we have 2-3 dps on each side get above 50% dmg increase, those are huge numbers. pair that with a lust and you are talking about taking a huge chunk of her hp out.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We do utilize it. Tank will be grabbing one and another melee should grab the extra from the two lanes. When people went free for all the entire sides were bombed. Also we are lusting on p2

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

tezzuka

We do utilize it. Tank will be grabbing one and another melee should grab the extra from the two lanes. When people went free for all the entire sides were bombed. Also we are lusting on p2

it seems i was very tunneled haha. that or dead at the bottom of the pit.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's ok man. Yesterday I was on about 36 hours of being awake so I barely even remember today what happened in the raid

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
lol wat. So still knocked off the edge, even if close to the explosion. other option is being underneath it and dying there too.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Might be a bug.
Might be that you need to look at it/away from it and it doesn't knock you back as far.
Might be that the further KJ is from it's epicenter the futher you get thrown back.

Probably a bug.