World of Warcraft: Current Year

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
As one expert has stated, monk is the best choice due to its high murloc-per-hour ratio.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, somehow my monk has 20 bloods, so I'm going to get the 4k resources, and then blow it on 8 levels of AK! Moving on up in this world!

Just need to get gear now, as I'm grinding Normal dungeons, at ilvl 803.

Also, WQs are gonna be much less shitty if I can get my Legion Flying done.

Get out of dungeons. Go unlock the Broken shore, do the invasions when they are up, and buy dauntless gear from the vendor on BS. Boom, full 850 gear. I hit 110 on an alt today and am already ~845 without buying and upgrading any crafted gear.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Okay guys, I haven't played this game since WotLK and am thinking of picking it up casually again.

What is the best class that can swap between healing and DPS right now? Is it still between Priest and Paladin? I'll probably max out at LFR pugs, so no need for insane min/maxing.

Is it pretty easy to earn enough gold to pay for game time?

Last, which UI add-ons do I need to not be gimped these days? Please tell me they have done away with individual bags shown and given you a view of your full inventory space without mods.

I have no idea where shaman dps is at the moment. The best healer / damage combo right now is probably druid or priest. Pally isn't bad (great healer), just ret has been a little behind. Then again, Ashbringer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Holy priests are amazing right now. So are shadow priests. You can't go wrong with that class. I think disc is fun to and very flexible

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Why would Blizzard need to pay an internal development, when those chumps will do that shit for free. There might of been a period in time when Blizzard cared about top end raiding, the race, and prestige.

If there was a magic time when the newest raid was bug free, it certainly wasn't Vanilla.

My memory is getting pretty fuzzy, but I distinctly remember needing to do some pulls on a bugged boss MC (or maybe BWL) with 39 people because a Dev needed to be in zone to witness the bug. At that time it was a hard 40 man cap, they did not have any slots for admin to be an observer.

Then in the next raid (BWL or AQ), they had fixed a hard 40 cap, and the officers would be "asked" if they would be ok with some blue observers for some bosses.

I vaguely remember a bug on both Ouro and C'Thun (I think, maybe Viscidus, shit was so long ago) that blocked progression for a week (or a hotfix). There might have been a few bugs blocking the lead guild in Nax too, but memory is too porous to know for sure.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I know people have mentioned a few pages ago that you can help out alts with quicker AK. but I didnt see someone mention that if you've already got AK40 on one character, it now unlocks an AK40 book you can send to alts. so now you get instant ak40 on all without even having to research ANY.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Yea, somehow my monk has 20 bloods, so I'm going to get the 4k resources, and then blow it on 8 levels of AK! Moving on up in this world!
Go Broken Shore (the scenario isn't very hard even at low ilvl), unlock Broken Shores, get nethershards and buy a couple 850 tokens until you've unlocked LFR/heroics.

Don't forget to do the goblin treasure quest line (5 quests over 5 days), which unlocks a 3-day WQ where you spend 100 nethershard and get a random amount of nethershards back (sometimes 1 or 2, more often 100-1k, sometimes 2k, apparently up to 20k if really lucky). Spend those to get 880 tokens at the second vendor.

It's a bit painful if you don't have flying, but it is very rewarding.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I vaguely remember a bug on both Ouro and C'Thun (I think, maybe Viscidus, shit was so long ago) that blocked progression for a week (or a hotfix).
They didn't had the technology for hotfix back in Vanilla. Any modification to the game, including server-side required to stop and restart the realms, so it was always deferred to maintenance day unless it was game-breaking (read: too exploitable)

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I played during the whole Naxx 40 debacle (i think we cleared spider + patchwerk) the issue with the zone wasn't necessarily the difficulty which was a huge kick in the face, it was the number of people who were actually geared to do the zone. there were no catch up mechanics in the game, you couldn't just go quest in the brokenshore for 3 hours and get a full set of 850-880 gear and then lfr and get a working 4 pc, then grab a legendary 970 from a random heroic. you couldn't go to tanaan and be 900ilevel(higher than normal HFC if i remember correctly). We had applicants during Naxx that were still in dungeon gear and we would have to run them through BWL+moltencore to get their 4 pc, then run them through AQ40 for random gear pieces, just so they could join the main raid. this was exacerbated by the fact you needed 40 people who wouldn't "burn out" mid raid tier.

Then if someone got tired of regearing new applicants or just didn't like the way strats were handled they were quickly poached by other top guilds because they were already geared. it led to this giant vacuum where only 1-2 guilds per server could actually have a functioning raid force that was adequately geared. Now i geared up my warlock to 903 ilevel in a week just doing M+ and LFR.

the taunt mechanics were definitely a pain but that was actual game design problems (yay warriors need spellhit now) the actual mechanics of the fights weren't hard, watch a video of any of the fights and there was maybe 1 grouping/spreading mechanic in 90% of them. Kungen likes to rant and rave about " lol naxx was the hardest thing in the world" when it actuality it was just a gear check. I would say take any guild that has cleared Mythic NH or the first few bosses of MToS and they would have no issue in naxx if gear was equatable.

-BREAK-

Mythic KJ is buggy as shit and once again requires crazy class stacking. the phase 2 soaks have to be soaked by DPS with immunities so it leads to people wanting mages/hunters/DH/paladins to stand in shit there are also 2 "tank soaks" in that phase (that the tanks cannot get due to the felclaw debuff). It's also amusing that even with the recent 25% nerf to the damage on Phase2 zones on Mavatar no guild other than exorsus or method have killed it.

I predict we are going to see sweeping difficulty nerfs to a lot of the mythic fights in the near future, probably after the first few M-KJ kills.

On another note i'm really enjoying the sisters fight, we are getting it to sub 50% after about 18-20 pulls and it feels like a fight that is well tuned with a lot going on but is manageable, probably my favorite fight this tier so far.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I predict we are going to see sweeping difficulty nerfs to a lot of the mythic fights in the near future, probably after the first few M-KJ kills.

I'd hope so because I do not want to be in progression mode for an entire tier again like we were in NH. And right now the last two bosses in ToS are harder than Elisande and Gul'dan were. The first 7 are probably not as steep a curve as NH was but still... I am not looking forward to this tier at the moment because of how much time people have spent on Avatar and failed. Limit just gave up on it.

Also I already really don't like ToS. The fights are boring and the rooms a lot of the bosses in are hell for Melee because of positioning and camera angles.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I would say take any guild that has cleared Mythic NH or the first few bosses of MToS and they would have no issue in naxx if gear was equatable.

I think we can look forward to Naxx TW for this reason. Hopefully they don't use the tuning from 25/10, though, because it was silly mode easy by then.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Also I already really don't like ToS. The fights are boring and the rooms a lot of the bosses in are hell for Melee because of positioning and camera angles.

I like ToS a lot more than I liked NH. The fights are interesting, especially Mistress and KJ. I haven't done any fight as melee dps except for Sisters, though, so maybe I'm missing something, since tanks usually get boned for camera angles anyway.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Get out of dungeons. Go unlock the Broken shore, do the invasions when they are up, and buy dauntless gear from the vendor on BS. Boom, full 850 gear. I hit 110 on an alt today and am already ~845 without buying and upgrading any crafted gear.

Go Broken Shore (the scenario isn't very hard even at low ilvl), unlock Broken Shores, get nethershards and buy a couple 850 tokens until you've unlocked LFR/heroics.

Don't forget to do the goblin treasure quest line (5 quests over 5 days), which unlocks a 3-day WQ where you spend 100 nethershard and get a random amount of nethershards back (sometimes 1 or 2, more often 100-1k, sometimes 2k, apparently up to 20k if really lucky). Spend those to get 880 tokens at the second vendor.

It's a bit painful if you don't have flying, but it is very rewarding.
I knew there had to be a catch up mechanic somewhere!! Thanks guys! Knocked out the 3 emissary quests yesterday and in the process picked up a boat load of AP, so my MW weapon isn't looking too shabby. AK18 helps a ton, and I can't even imagine it at level 40. Jeez.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
At AK40 1 item maxes out your weapon (the 30mil token). On an alt you can get from a fresh weapon to concordance in a week.