World of Warcraft: Current Year

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
lol rogue.

Though, the shit with grappling hook getting "NO PATH FOUND" for pretty much every surface I can't single jump to is getting old REAL FUCKING FAST. Why can't I go to the cliff across the way? I can jump into the slime river, run up the hill, and jump down, but I can't grappling hook over. THAT IS THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE FUCKING SKILL.

Did you just admit to playing outlaw?

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Garrisons were good money before they nerfed treasure hunting.

You click item and then buff one of your followers with it.

And where on the app do you do that?

I have golden bananas, winter horns, librams of truth, etc that I can't use unless I'm in the actual game.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Did you just admit to playing outlaw?
Hell yeah I play outlaw. It's ezpz to farm and I raid so rarely.

Though I'll have to go sub and learn how to play it once winter actually hits and I'm home.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Here's something to trigger your PTSD:
Garrisons! :D

Garrison's weren't too bad though. The big downfall in WOD was there was no reason to leave it.

If you had an army of alts you're a millionaire today.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Anyone complaining about the new area either has shit ilvl or doesn't understand that if you just ride from point to point, you can literally ignore aggro. I've had zero problems making it from one world quest objective to the next. The only time I've ever died on Argus is the one time I accidentally fell off an edge. Flying is of no concern. Yeah, I can't spend three seconds hopping from one world quest to another and wq group finder and let someone else finish things. Oh shucks. At least the rewards aren't completely useless like the areas that you can fly in are.

In the end, flying is arbitrary. It shortcuts the bullshit when farming remedial content. It's not something I would expect from a newer, more challenging area. And the lack of flying doesn't inherently make things more challenging, just takes more time. Which sucks, but, I dunno, fucking deal with it?

What is this post? You agree it sucks and just say deal with it? You a tank spec that you never get dazed and dismounted? What are you even saying here?

People are complaining because it's annoying to not be able to fly and being forced to stay on the ground doesn't enhance "the experience(tm)" in any way. Not because it's hard. It just annoys us and for no good reason. Getting dazed and dismounted while trying to run through high mob density is annoying. Having to backtrack because that terrain that looked like I could walk up isn't walkable is annoying. Having to go back down and around to get to a cave that is too far a fall to not die and you didn't realize WQ mob x was down instead of up is annoying.

Argus is nothing new. It's all the same regurgitated content we've been doing the entire expansion, except now we can't fly again... so soon after we finally got to unlock that convenience. I don't understand how anyone can be a Blizz apologist about it... it's annoying and there is no actual gameplay reason for it. They just wanted to be lazy and didn't want to make an actual skyline or keep the zones connected and flyable.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

lindz

#DDs
Curious, do you guys know if invasions can only be seen if you have a 110 character on the same server. I was on Hyjal last night expecting easy leveling and I couldn't see them on my 100 character! My 110s are all on a different server, grr. The flying will obviously make leveling quicker, but annoying. Also wondering the the AK shit isn't going to cross servers too. Not sure how they've done it in the last few months, but last time I played I could just mail the compendiums to my alt for a ton of free AK.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Curious, do you guys know if invasions can only be seen if you have a 110 character on the same server. I was on Hyjal last night expecting easy leveling and I couldn't see them on my 100 character! My 110s are all on a different server, grr. The flying will obviously make leveling quicker, but annoying. Also wondering the the AK shit isn't going to cross servers too. Not sure how they've done it in the last few months, but last time I played I could just mail the compendiums to my alt for a ton of free AK.
I thought you could see invasions at 100 but maybe they did make it so you had to already do the broken shore line on one character

Khane

You can see Assaults at 100 on any server with any character but invasions are Argus and I *think* Argus requires 110.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I thought she meant the demonic invasions. Are they called assaults? I think that's what she was referring too since she said easy levelling

Khane

Not really sure actually but the Legion shit that happens in Stormheim, Highmountain, Val'Sharah and Azsuna and replaces normal WQs with legion WQs was still functioning for characters under 110 on any server and faction last week (I did a few on my hunter on Hyjal and have no 110s on that server). Maybe they changed/broke something on Tuesday though.

Khane

Just checked. There is an Assault up in Val'sharah right now and my 107 hunter on Hyjal can see all the WQs. (And they are called Assaults, the invasions are the Argus specific ones)

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Here's something to trigger your PTSD:
Garrisons! :D

As bad as they were garrions basically bought me over a year+ of sub fees so it blunts my annoyance of them. Had it not been for them I would have cancelled and maybe never started again. It allowed me to coast through the dull times of the end of WOD until legion came out and I have been really enjoying legion.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Garrison's weren't too bad though. The big downfall in WOD was there was no reason to leave it.

If you had an army of alts you're a millionaire today.

Yes this was their biggest problem it was not that they were not useful it was that most other stuff wasn't useful. So you basically went to the garrison told the minions to get to work and then logged and logged back in to decent loot/mounts/shitloads of cash and other stuff.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
They've swung the opposite way now.

Its kinda swinging back a bit now. It is pretty easy to get your alts set of minions up to usable levels now and banging out a couple 600-900 gold missions a day or more if you get the bonus award adds up across 6 or so alts.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Just checked. There is an Assault up in Val'sharah right now and my 107 hunter on Hyjal can see all the WQs. (And they are called Assaults, the invasions are the Argus specific ones)

If Argus is a legion planet, why is it called an "invasion".

Khane

Cuz it's an invasion point that takes you to another "planet" the Legion is invading!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user