World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have absolutely 0 fucking idea how the nether shithole is supposed to work. Just more RNG bullshit injected directly up my ass I'm sure.
There's three tiers to the relic in your slot. Tier 1 is just a flat +5 ilvl and is free.

For tier 2 you have two choices. They're both +good, but obviously some choices are better than others. Tier 3 is the same type of traits you can get on relics. What you pick for tier 2 determjnes what you can pick in tier 3. Tier 3 CANT have the same trait that your relic does. Also tier 2 for your first relic slot opens at 60 points in your weapon, second at 63, third at 66. Tier 3 opens at 69 , 72, and 75 for each slot. Come on man this is common sense stuff and very intuitive a d not shitty

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I have absolutely 0 fucking idea how the nether shithole is supposed to work. Just more RNG bullshit injected directly up my ass I'm sure.

For Balance, there's less than 0.1% difference between my options, so really it's fucking pointless for me. A better relic is better, period.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I wouldn't say a system that makes people want to leave the raid and travel to another planet between bosses fun

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wouldn't say a system that makes people want to leave the raid and travel to another planet between bosses fun

Are you sure you don't like doing a bunch of extra shit that's tied to an item we'll most likely have taken away before the next expansion?

Sulrn

Deuces
I play because the world and raid game are the best of any MMO ever. I'm sure eq was great, but that's long gone. Also, the guild is awesome. If I kept floating between guilds I'd probably have quit by now, but some dudes I've played with for years now.

I wouldn't say the KJ fight is indicative of how the game is, so noy sure why you used that as your measuring stick

Well, considering I haven't logged in since WotLK launch I'm a bit uninformed on current content. Assumed he was the current end boss. If he is, shouldn't the end boss be indicative of current game play and raid content? If he isn't what fight is? From lurking the last 30 or so pages the only thing positive I've read about is pet battles.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well, considering I haven't logged in since WotLK launch I'm a bit uninformed on current content. Assumed he was the current end boss. If he is, shouldn't the end boss be indicative of current game play and raid content? If he isn't what fight is? From lurking the last 30 or so pages the only thing positive I've read about is pet battles.

He is the current end boss, although we have one more raid coming. His fight is just so over the top absurd that it's sort of on its own level.

I'd say guldan from nighthold was what fights should strive to be like

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Kil'jaeden is an interesting fight, but it's completely unforgiving and just nasty in the RNG department. I think that Gul'dan was tuned a lot better. If I had to pick an interesting fight from ToS, it would be Desolate Host, Fallen Avatar, Maiden of Vigilance in that order (although Maiden is essentially a rehash of Thaddeus).

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Can't say any of the fights so far have been incredible, but there are a couple I would tell to straight fuck off. Looking back, I enjoyed the dragons and Cenarius from EN. The first couple bosses in NH were fun'ish, and Gul'dan was neat, but not exactly complicated, just drawn out. Besides Kil'jaeden, the fights in TOS have really felt uninspired. It's like they just tossed some shit together and spent all their time on KJ and making Mythic obscene. I mean, I guess Avatar is fun, but getting nuked immediately in stage 2 is stupid. Sisters blows. Fucking hate that fight. And the naga bitch is fun, and the right amount of chaotic, imo. This is from a DPS perspective. Healing and tanking certain fights is a completely different experience.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I found tanking TOS fairly boring, but of course I'm coming off solo tanking most of NH.

As cluster fuckish as they made KJ, tanking him really is just swapping and moving

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As a rogue, the naga bitch can fuck right off, and the devs who made her can fuck right off too! If I was still playing my slow ass DK, I would have probably quit raiding due to that fight. On the other hand, Sisters (heroic) is fine for mellee, even a little boring when not taking glaves to the face.

Regarding the crucible bullshit, they need to make the interface openable from anywhere, just like any other spec tree window. That would sooth a decent amount of fury they are getting from the raiding folks. Ideally, they would allow you to click in the relic from the loot window or chat link for a preview, but they are already blowing themselves about how much they like the system. So I dont see that part ever getting changed, in the same way the lego system is still fucking dumb, but they are happy with it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Incoming "Inscriptioners can now make a portable crucible that allows up to 30 people to change their crucible traits. Costs 80k in materials to make"

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
As a rogue, the naga bitch can fuck right off, and the devs who made her can fuck right off too! If I was still playing my slow ass DK, I would have probably quit raiding due to that fight. On the other hand, Sisters (heroic) is fine for mellee, even a little boring when not taking glaves to the face.

Regarding the crucible bullshit, they need to make the interface openable from anywhere, just like any other spec tree window. That would sooth a decent amount of fury they are getting from the raiding folks. Ideally, they would allow you to click in the relic from the loot window or chat link for a preview, but they are already blowing themselves about how much they like the system. So I dont see that part ever getting changed, in the same way the lego system is still fucking dumb, but they are happy with it.
My problem with sisters (not mythic) is the fight is just boring. She just sit there. You dodge some glaives and some arrows and that's it.

At least naga bitch is stuff going on

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I guess I'm too casual to understand this crucible shit. I just don't get how it works and what the fuck I'm supposed to do with it. So now if I get a relic I can't just use it? I have to go check what it's going to give me in the crucible? But I need certain levels of artifact weapon to do it? So I have to hang onto relics to use in the future, but use other ones until then?

Didn't they get rid of reforging and shit because of this EXACT reason of people being unable to immediately equip a new item that drops?

Is Blizzard stupid? Blizzard people I know you're reading this. You're stupid. You need to give a big bonus to whoever is managing the pet battle stuff, because it's the only part of the game you haven't made a convoluted, fucked up mess by this point.

Last edited:

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
on heroic you literally dont have to move the boss at all (except to dodge the glaivestorm) its fairly boring as a tank, at least on mythic you move the boss the entire fight.

Gul'dan on mythic was a pretty amazing fight and probably my favorite fight of the expansion. lots to keep everyone interested. none of the fights in mythic ToS were especially interesting. I'm liking Avatar so far.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I guess I'm too casual to understand this crucible shit. I just don't get how it works and what the fuck I'm supposed to do with it. So now if I get a relic I can't just use it? I have to go check what it's going to give me in the crucible?

Didn't they get rid of reforging and shit because of this EXACT reason of people being unable to immediately equip a new item that drops?

Is Blizzard stupid? Blizzard people I know you're reading this. You're stupid. You need to give a big bonus to whoever is managing the pet battle stuff, because it's the only part of the game you haven't made a convoluted, fucked up mess by this point.
Yes they're stupid

I haven't heard of a single person that likes this system

McCheese

I remember back when WoW was the intuitive, casual-friendly MMO where you could pick it up and play and do well. I bet the next expansion is going to introduce stat points to be distributed at character creation. Incoming max charisma!

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I'll make the crucible simple for people.

A)if youre a class that values Ilevel over traits just put the relic in your weapon if its higher ilevel
- Tier 2 traits just pick whatever you want it probably doesn't matter if it has a juicy T3 trait on it pick one of the 2 traits above it.
- Tier 3 pick your best trait

B)if youre a class that values traits over ilevel if the item is your bis trait put it in your weapon, if not dont worry about it and carry on.
- repeat above

tldr; If you get a new relic that has a bis trait that is better than what you have, just go ahead and put it in your weapon; its negligible what t2 trait you get if its bis trait, and higher ilevel. unless youre a special case like affliction warlocks and shadow priests.

McCheese

How do I know if my class values traits or ilvl for relics? How do I know what a bis trait is?