World of Warcraft: Current Year

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Hey guys!

We’ve been seeing a lot of discussion going back and forth on the Crucible lately, so we’ve had some conversations with the development team and I wanted to pop in and share a few points that came out of it.

Regarding comparisons to Reforging – Reforging was always a simple, mechanical choice. Players were, at the end of the day, simply replacing their worst stats with best stats on every item that didn’t already have your best stats up to a mechanical limit. The Crucible, by comparison, is only affecting a small subset of items and presents much more varied situations than say “change 30 Hit Chance into Haste”.

We’ve also seen a bit of discussion around players desiring the ability to respec the Traits that are locked on the second and third tiers of relics. We feel that the ability to respect Traits would lead to players picking traits based on perfect optimization for any given situation, which could lead to players leaving a raid to change to AoE-centric traits for the next fight during raid progression. While we feel that’s a nuisance in itself, this would also make the system feel like a watered-down version of talent rows, and would undermine the choice that is made when selecting your Relic Traits.

That being said, Relics are items and will be replaced; we do expect players to make choices and experiment with this system. Since there is still new content ahead of us in Antorus, better Relics will be available and players who make choices they may not like now will have the opportunity to get new Relics before long with a potentially new set of Trait choices.

As a note, we are also fine with the current state that Relics Soulbind on inspection in the Crucible. We believe the alternative of everyone porting in and out of the raid to pass the relic around and see who it’s best for is far, far worse. Players are smart and will be able to make educated decisions based on the information that’s available to them. As I said, we do expect experimentation however.

A final note: I saw the post on Reddit laying out three choices for Relics, asking players which one they would pick -
Relic A : 930 Ilvl BiS main trait, 3rd BiS bonus trait, but forces worst tier 2 crucible trait
Relic B : 915 ilvl BiS main and bonus trait and 2nd BiS crucible tier 2 trait
Relic C : 940 ilvl 2nd and 4th BiS traits and BiS crucible tier 2 trait.The poster responded by saying the only way to know is to sim it. If you’re generally a player who simulates gear upgrades to make decisions, you’re probably going to do that anyway, and that’s fine. If you’re a player going off basic guidelines such as “I play a fire mage so I want Critical Strike” you will get by as you always do in this situation and pick what you think is best for your particular class or spec.

Thanks for all the feedback on the topic so far, I’ll be on the lookout for future discussions, as always.

I haven't been playing but that shit sounds kind of convoluted.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Rofl good god damn they are retarded

I hoped Ion Drive commits seppuku at blizzcon

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
What's weird is they dumb so many things down to +gooder. Then they add this thing which just sounds like a clusterfuck of pure aids cancer. If the above situation where they pointing out 3 relics of varying ilvl and if you recall back at the start of the xpac they changed secondary shit because they wanted ilvl to be better than anything. Yet here we are again with these clowns who don't even understand their own game itemization.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What's weird is they dumb so many things down to +gooder. Then they add this thing which just sounds like a clusterfuck of pure aids cancer. If the above situation where they pointing out 3 relics of varying ilvl and if you recall back at the start of the xpac they changed secondary shit because they wanted ilvl to be better than anything. Yet here we are again with these clowns who don't even understand their own game itemization.
The worst part is you need your weapon at 75 to fully use the crucible. Our highest in guild is xzi xzi and he's nowhere close

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not even at 63 and we have a person in our guild at 69 and it definitely shows. Glad I left grinding in Black Desert to grind in a game that was largely known for not having to grind (at least having to constantly do old content to grind)

This is slowly becoming my second most disliked expansion.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I don't even grind AP and I'm at 64 on my druid. Seems like I've been getting 2 points roughly a lockout since 7.3 hit. I don't think it will take that long to max out your first spec especially if you are a grinder but who knows.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
The AK system punishes grinding, it has since the beginning. Of course since some people actually did grind out the original the fags at Bliz got butt hurt and decided to fag it up 1000x worse.

Would of been nice if there was an end to it

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't even grind AP and I'm at 64 on my druid. Seems like I've been getting 2 points roughly a lockout since 7.3 hit. I don't think it will take that long to max out your first spec especially if you are a grinder but who knows.
I don't grind AP much but it's like why grind this week when next week it'll be way better

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Is 75 the end or is there more? Maining my druid now so I won't be taking it past 75 in feral since I want to get all traits unlocked for guardian or balance as well. But for people solely playing one spec man... that sucks if you have to keep upping that shit at the end of the xpac.

Noodleface Noodleface Exactly why I don't grind it. If the current pace keeps up I'll have Feral done in five and a half weeks then I can start working on my second spec to get that finished at sometime in early Antorus or whatever its called. Since my guild is one of those "we're going to kill about half or less of the bosses on mythic before the next raid is released" types I don't really feel the need to push for every extra percentage the crucible can give my main spec. Just enough to fully unlock relics.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
There's guides for that. Most guides give you a rough equivalent on how much ilvl it adds to the relic. For me, tier0/3 traits go from +0ilvl (non throughput) to +15ilvl. Tier 2 traits give from +0 to +15ilvl as well. You have 4 combo paths possible, so you can pick the combo path that adds the most "ilvl" efficiency to your relic.

A rough rule for me: unless the relic you get is 15ilvl above the current one with a good trait, I'll never socket it before checking the crucible.

The secondary traits are between +0 and +4 ilvl, which means ilvl is still better. The tier 3 traits are the same as regular relic stats. I have 3 or 4 that are good, and they're at best a +5-7 ilvl difference, so as long as I get a decent stat, I basically don't have to pay attention. I'm currently at 63 almost 64 on my artifact. Trinkets are the only items that have vastly skewed ilvl benefits. Whispers and Arcano are worth 30-35ilvl over any comparible trinkets. My 2pc NH tier is worth about 15 ilvl (meaning a 920 TOS set piece is > 905 NH set piece), and since most of my NH stuff is 890-895, and my TOS stuff is mostly 920-935, the NH stuff has been banked. I haven't gotten an actual upgrade other than the freeby relic boost in about a month now. (of course missing two weeks of heroic TOS might be a big factor lol, fuckin' wife's birthday/date night is apparently something I can't veto).

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm like 70% to 67, I guess I've been going kind of hard but I honestly only do the big AP wqs. I probably queue for a lot more heroics than a normal person should though since I basically solo them at my own pace while the rest of the party jerks off, guess that adds some ap

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
yea im at 65 and i barely touch any WQ that aren't emissary of the light (almost exalted), orderhall, and whatever i get from raiding.

it could be worse, you could be in a situation that monks are in, only 1 of our relic traits is worth using at the moment and its by far the most rare trait for the spec, it is literally worth about 35 WEAPON (not relic) ilevels.

Life - Mythic Helya, or Neltharions (running a 900 version atm)
Storm - this one is easy since the world quest that drops an 890 storm FP relic is up pretty much every day
Iron - Halls of Valor (never seen it drop in a fuckton of runs) or the random god damn greater invasion portal boss that you can only bonus roll once, hope you rng it.

yep thats shit design.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah, I thought getting wings relics were bad enough at least it drops out of all the raids and 2 different dungeons lol. Fuck that.