World of Warcraft: Current Year

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL, its so fun trolling this thread. You say soething remotely negative about WoW and you have 10 assholes pop out from obscurity to flame you with "neckbeard" LOL, ok.

Dom_sl

shitlord
It has nothing to do with that whatsoever. Logging into P99 (sans corruption) is a better MMO experience than WoW 2013. It's objectivity, not nostalgia. I want a new world to explore, new classes, skills, while massively interacting ala EQ social mechanics with other people.

WoW isn't an MMO. It's a multiplayer game you play on a server.
It has everything to do with it. You say it's objectivity and not nostalgia while simultaneously wishing for something that matches your experience in EQ... Are you really that fucking retarded that you don't see the nostalgia literally weeping out of every other word you type? I know that self awareness isn't really the strong suit of many people... but jesus fucking christ: at least be able to tell when you're fucking yourself in your own ass while shouting out about the lack of quality in everything around you.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I am not subbed to WoW and haven't been for sometime, I did play the 10 day trial recently and I choose to go back to SWTOR over WoW. You can rip on WoW all you want I don't give a shit. My point was that people bitch and moan about nothing being like EQ anymore yet EQ is still around, on it's 9billionth expac. Go fucking play EQ.

EDIT: Post # 300, obligatory .... THIS IS SPARTA!

Juvarisx

Florida
LOL, its so fun trolling this thread. You say soething remotely negative about WoW and you have 10 assholes pop out from obscurity to flame you with "neckbeard" LOL, ok.
There is a difference between saying something "remotely;y" negative and going on and on and on for years to the point of being banned by Furor for it and still going on. We get it he doesn't like the game, fine, move on. No amount of drumming on about it will make a game company ever make a game like Everquest was in 1999 again. There is NO money in it.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
They're not flaming you because you were negative about WoW, they're flaming you because UR POSTING = BAD
World Of Warcraft has fallen like a very heavy turd dropped from a turd-laden airplane with a special bay that allows it to drop turds. The MMO currently only has 8.3 million active subscribers, down from its peak of 12 million in 2010. Nine years after its release, this game has ashamed everyone by only raking in most of the money in the world every month rather than grabbing all of it.

Bad job, World Of Warcraft. Booooo! Your performance is lousy and I hope everyone involved is crying.

We believed in you. That's what hurts the most. Collectively, society put our trust in your ability to continually gain subscribers for the rest of time. Now it has become apparent that you were never worthy of our trust at all. You barely made it a decade!

We're not angry so much as disappointed. We thought you were taking this seriously.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
It would be nice if I could actually play this without getting dc'd every 2 mins. Blizzard and Cox need to et their shit together.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fixed for me this morning. Cox still fucking up for you?
frown.png

frown.png

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I love how the most crotchety old turds on these forums crave "massive social interactions." Especially when half of them probably six boxed everything for most of their playing experience.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I sure do miss ANY interaction. LFR can get fun sometimes if you get a few other lively people, but I've done a good amount of scenarios and dungeons where no one says a single word the entire time. Well, other than "hey dumbass tank don't pull that!"

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone get into professions lately? Finally getting back into them, and seeing what toons have what. Little over-whelming at first, but I know I want a toon with JC to get into the gems and stuff, and then possibly a few with Alchemy for the daily cool downs for more golds?

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Actually playing the game is quite fun; going through the levels, getting all the cool abilities. The quests aren't freaking amazing, but the lore is pretty decent, the factions are fairly cool and the scenery is awesome.

It's just the idea that once you hit 90 you have literally nothing but eons of grinding to do. I have a main and then an alt, and still every week I am getting coins to make sure I get runes. They're done with all their reps, thank god, but I still have to do my dailies at least to get coins. Then I do LFR on the alt and normal 10 on my main and get shit all for loot on either one of them just to do it all over again the next week.

The game is old obviously, but I really feel like I am just being made to run a treadmill constantly with no end in sight. And that's sad, because they generally only keep people for as long as it takes to hit 90, or finish one patch's content.

Add to that that what you can do just never really encourages you to keep going. LFR especially is soul crushing; not getting loot after I put in probably about double the effort my 10 man does, then coining and not getting anything either, or worse, getting a duplicate item like, jesus. I really don't understand what was wrong with the old ways; with buying a few pieces of teired loot with VP to finish up set bonuses, or, not getting dupe items when being awarded loot. It just is not at all encouraging.

And when you consider that, idiots like me are doing all their dailies to get coins, so that they have maximum opportunities to be rewarded but getting shit all...it just does not make you want to continue. You have to occasionally award your players when they put this effort in otherwise you lose them.

Ugh, yea I still log in but I've been so angry about wow I even went back to Assassin's creed to collect flags rather than play it. :p

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Everything you mentioned is why they're adding that increases returns when you spend the coins. I agree with what you said.

I was never an alt person or pvp person, now I find myself doing both and feeling good about it. I stopped caring as much about reps and just "played." I think that's what the designers want but they're having a hard time designing for it and the playerbase is so efficiency focused. One reason why you saw some backpedling on the "was the ICC era that bad" front because most people just "played." There weren't necessary reps. There were 4 lockouts, 1 currency really, and pvp. People just played. It was pure character and alt advancement.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
dumar is a sell out, eq99 isn't shit compared to the TRUE multiplayer experience of Trade Wars circa early 90s where you let your imagination soar, none of that graphics bullshit that Wii gamers like dumar need in their game. None of that Trade Wars 2002 bullshit either, that was selling out to the casuals with ANSI graphics. And don't bring up Rogue, shit was casual as fuck
TW2002 was for hipsters! Tele-Arena 3.0 was the true golden age of online gaming. 4.0 just introduced a purple rune and people were like "Oooo" but it was crap, especially with Beastmasters and soulstones. Trendy casual shit. Anyway TA3.0 or gtfo. People like Dumar are pussies anyway. Play games with Death penalties? LOOOL! PLay a real game where death is permanent.

Clug

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Shiny has wore off again for me. Lasted 5-6 months this go round in MOP and 5 level 90 characters.

Might come back a bit for 5.3, not sure though.

Definitely still a fun game just gets the same old feeling sooner than it used to.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I've been doing a lot of old school rep farming and soloing on my main toon. Just got hunter and mage their Crystal of Insanity this morning. Only have 1 other toon at 90 and all three hit lfr every week. Nalak too. May add oondasta someday, but I hate that island.