World of Warcraft: Current Year

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Enhancement is cool, my favourite tho is druid, all specs are fun, but I love resto changes and artifact above all, bear is also great.

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
I think ive narrowed myself down to either: arms war, bm hunter, ass rogue or uh dk...hunter in the mix to escape the usual melee aids. My problem is ive now got every class at 100 so having problems choosing.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
UH is just about the best it's ever been. Post wotlk launch raping anyway. Getting nerfed tho :(
UH DK getting nerfed? :(

Playing UH right now leveling up a new DK. I think it's the last class that I've not really ever played, and I'm considering going tank this time around just for more involvement in my class. Every class has been neutered so bad that my hope is playing a tank will give me more to do.

I have a 100 Druid already though, and I keep hearing good things about Guardian tanks, so maybe it's not worth putting in the time on the DK?

Anyway, I know some dudes were doing the leveling thing on Hyjal. Feel free to hit me up if you want to run some dungeons, or just quest in general. I'm level 58 on my DK, so heading into Outlands soon.

Crone#1894

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
I have not played since Cataclysm must resist something to screw around with.

I keep seeing Garrisons are dead for gold and I probably had 40k to my name when I quit. Is gold really needed or just "I have more than you!" thing like it used to be? Some are tossing around they have a few hundred thousands and complaining about the gold loss.

selis

Molten Core Raider
How are the state of different healers? Forums and feedback from beta seem all over the place (I skipped even touching beta so I would consider even playing this for release)

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Has anyone tried soloing ICC since legion patch? Was running it for transmogs on my warrior and can't get past the boat. If I hop in a cannon, they get frozen after a few shots. When I jetpack over, Saurfang goes down to 1% but isn't killable, then the Horde boat flies far away but keeps shooting Alliance boat. I could just be doing something wrong but I don't recall Saurfang being unkillable (though it's been a long time since I've done this fight).

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I have not played since Cataclysm must resist something to screw around with.

I keep seeing Garrisons are dead for gold and I probably had 40k to my name when I quit. Is gold really needed or just "I have more than you!" thing like it used to be? Some are tossing around they have a few hundred thousands and complaining about the gold loss.

Well ultimately it's about the inflation. Basically lots of people gold capped and not just by taking it away from others via AH addons. So it's kind of a big deal in that removing the income source effectively turns this into post 2009 economically. If you had massive stable wealth before 7.0.3 you basically command the market and if you didn't then oh well.

Practical effects I guess it depends. I have about 300K total so nowhere near "rich" but it's enough to consider buying vanity items but not enough to sustain the wealth by avoiding AH going forward. Who knows what legion well ultimately do but it's going to be a lot harder to get anything rare if you aren't the millionaire already it seems.

lindz

#DDs
How are the state of different healers? Forums and feedback from beta seem all over the place (I skipped even touching beta so I would consider even playing this for release)

Resto shaman, resto druids and holy priests are all in a good spot. Holy paladins and disc priests not so much. I linked this on the other forums, but it is 18 min long so be warned.

Edit: Oops forgot mistweaver. They seem to be somewhere in the middle - lost utility.

Last edited:

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I did not get into garrisons as early as I should have but I did get into them when they changed how the boat yard missions worked. If you were lucky enough to have gotten a bunch of characters up to 100 and farmed Garrisons before the first gold nerf, you could have had 5-6 million by now. I have close to 1.9 and it is amazing how little I make in gold now with the nerf. I could still make monthly but nothing like it was.

You never actually need gold unless you want it to pay for the subscription. At this point it is about vanity and unless they do more with that spider mount than how it looks, I am keeping my 2 million.

I am glad that for the moment the Enhance Shaman finally seems to have gotten some love. I am happy to hear this given that he is my main. Looking forward to leveling him and his weapon.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think ive narrowed myself down to either: arms war, bm hunter, ass rogue or uh dk...hunter in the mix to escape the usual melee aids. My problem is ive now got every class at 100 so having problems choosing.

Same, got 12 level 100 now and after trying them in beta, I can say they are all playable, but some are fun and some are quite boring.

BM hunter has some dead globals, but it's not as bad as I thought, while also hystorically being my favourite spec by a mile, it has good single target and exceptional AE. I miss a few of the pruned skills and glyphs for soloing, but the class feels good after all. Removing the cast time from Cobra Shot was a great decision, gives a better feeling.

Survival seems also fun, but I played it only a couple hours in Beta.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider

Druids are better than they were. Some talents are really great and improve a lot the healing style. Tank cd is awesome. Tranquillity on a 2m cd and castable while moving (via artifact) is stupidly good.

Shaman has Spirit Link which is unmatched, they heal well, less ch spam now, which I think is a good thing.

Holy priest is strong, didn't play it much, because i found it boring.

Mistweaver is... nothing like it was. Can heal fine with MW, but it offers nothing that other healers don't do equally or better. I guess playing the TFT minigame can add some depth, but it's not as fun as it was in the past.

Still have to play Holy paladin and Discipline priest.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Really digging balance.The removal of the whole lunar/solar cycle crap makes it pretty enjoyable.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Resto shaman, resto druids and holy priests are all in a good spot. Holy paladins and disc priests not so much. I linked this on the other forums, but it is 18 min long so be warned.

Edit: Oops forgot mistweaver. They seem to be somewhere in the middle - lost utility.

Holy Pallies are doing very well in Nighthold and mythic+ and they have nowhere NEAR the same mana issues as disc.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dungeons are the way to go for leveling it seems, at least for Outland... The Experience bonus at the end is insane. Just did Blood Furnace, by queueing for random TBC dungeon, and it was 43100 exp for the kill, and 10k I guess for the random bonus? I'm getting half a level a dungeon...

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yeah you can (and prolly should) grind dungeons through all of TBC and wotlk. If you're a tank your q times are negligible.

I'm curious if you can just grind through WoD with dungeons and just skip garrisons 1.0 altogether.

Simpeo

Molten Core Raider
Anyone know any good guides for new combat rogue? Seems like a very clunky spec now... and ive been playing combat rogue all throughout WoD.... i feel very unlucky at the moment. I might have to switch back to druid