World of Warcraft: Current Year

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wasn't access to Tanaan gated behind a max-level step in the legendary ring/garrison campaign? Or are you just talking about treasures in the regular WoD zones? It's been a while so I'm guessing they did away with that requirement huh?

Shipyard right?

Janx

<Silver Donator>
All the items in Tanaan require level 100 to loot now i think. Flew my 94 hunter out there and the few items I saw required it.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Dungeons are the way to go for leveling it seems, at least for Outland... The Experience bonus at the end is insane. Just did Blood Furnace, by queueing for random TBC dungeon, and it was 43100 exp for the kill, and 10k I guess for the random bonus? I'm getting half a level a dungeon...

That winds down to about 25% a clear in MoP with WoD dungeons still being not worthwhile to do.

I just went 90-100 on a char a week ago, all the WoD treasure has a level req for looting applicable to the level of the zone it is in.

I just did objectives in all the zones I could (also have a level req) and then popped one of those 20% exp bonus garrison resource pots, with 4x +exp heirlooms, and flew around completing all the objectives. 91-100 took like 5ish hours.

Last edited:

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So any opinions on the best healers/tanks this XPAC?

My guess is Druid/Priest for healers.

And for tanks it will be shield tanks for progression and druid tanks for end game farming?

Just pulling this out of my ass

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Outlands is a no-brainer for dungeon levelling. You can finish it in a few hours easy, maybe less if you're tanking.

I did dungeons to level through WOTLK and it's a little slower but still doable. MOP is just ok. WOD is ass, you actually have to do that stupid content.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
That's absolutely worthwhile btw. There's a lot of fucking water to ride over while world-questing and there's even an underwater mini zone with a world boss in suramar. There are like three possible world quests that send you there too. There's a quest that gives you water breathing in the vrykularea nearby so grab that.

I thought the water walking was going to be restricted to the expansion areas the mount comes from (WoD and MoP respectively) once Legion releases. The reasoning given by Blizz was people feel forced to only use water striders and being less of a unique snowflake. Did they cancel those changes?

I actually got 100 fishing coins while getting my turtles in the first ever social garrison experience over the weekend, and now my OCD compels me to buddy up with Nat Pagle to spend them.

khorum

Murder Apologist
All the items in Tanaan require level 100 to loot now i think. Flew my 94 hunter out there and the few items I saw required it.
Yeah I think he just meant the treasure chests in the regular WoD zones. Tanaan is all max level stuff.

After leveling thru the flex-level zones with a couple beta alts I actually miss the graduated level content. A lot.

I thought the water walking was going to be restricted to the expansion areas the mount comes from (WoD and MoP respectively) once Legion releases. The reasoning given by Blizz was people feel forced to only use water striders and being less of a unique snowflake. Did they cancel those changes?.

I dunno if they had to unlock it somehow or blizz canceled that change but there's a ton of ppl with that water bug mount and they sure as shit irritate the fuck out of me cuz I don't have one and they just zoom along the surface. There are a couple outdoor areas in the dungeons where you have to cross a lot of water and the water walking mount actually make a difference with the mythic mode cuz of the time saved.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I thought the water walking was going to be restricted to the expansion areas the mount comes from (WoD and MoP respectively) once Legion releases. The reasoning given by Blizz was people feel forced to only use water striders and being less of a unique snowflake. Did they cancel those changes?

I actually got 100 fishing coins while getting my turtles in the first ever social garrison experience over the weekend, and now my OCD compels me to buddy up with Nat Pagle to spend them.

Yea they did cancel THAT idea. Not sure if they will disable water-walking like flying or something?

This whole 'derp everyone is equal' nonsense is getting a little tiresome overall though. I mean we've gone from the days of FBSS/JBoots to you can't have a goddamn potion that you can still make or else its unfair to the other people who didn't make or buy them. lulz

Rime

<Donor>
Waterwalking mounts work in the Broken Isles. They were going to remove them/content restrict them to WoD/MoP because of 'Class Fantasy' - But it boiled down to them not wanting people to feel like they had to use those mounts/had to farm or earn them because of how useful they are.

After forum outrage, they backed off and said they will work.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Just logged into this for the first time in a year (before even Tanaan) to kind of get ready for Legion.

There is nothing more fun than that feeling of logging into an MMO after a long time and thinking, oh shit, what do these buttons do and why did I have this shit in my bags? What exactly IS this shit in my bags?

Good times!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
What's the story on Demon Hunters? Fun? Not fun?

DEERP ILLIDAAAAN

Meh. They were apparently designed to be low barrier to entry resub fodder so they are kind of a mess. I'm not sure how you would 'do it better' other than hitting eye beams on CD. In fact one of their talents takes away their 'builder' and adds it into autoattack so you just hit one key most of the time and wait in their rotation. lol

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
What do I do with the valor I have? Can I spend it on something beyond item upgrades?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
No flying mounts yet. They're doing that as an end-of-expac thing like wod yeah.

As I recall they 'said' they were going to do mid-cycle this time instead of last content patch?

Which probably means last content patch, as they will 'unfortunately' have to cut the last raid due to the time working on The Wrath of The Red Lich King.