World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Servers I used to play on look dead.
Considering returning and gearing up for BFA.

What is everyone here playing on? I see FoH is on Hyjal but many are elsewhere it appears.
I'm CST btw.

Using this tool to get an idea of the active realms.
US (EN) WoW Realms :: WoWProgress - World of Warcraft Rankings

Like others said server doesn't really matter unless you want to Mythic raid. Though higher pop servers are always easier to find decent guilds for even normal or heroic raiding.

Rime

<Donor>
Server population also directly influences economy health. So if you enjoy that part of the game, a dead server is very painful - One or two people can corner an entire market and gouge you for whatever they want. That is nearly impossible on servers with 10/20/30x the population.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I joined Hyjal. See you all in game.
Leveling a VDH because it looks fun.
I would wait until they done with the tunings. From what I read and watched DH may be getting a huge curb stomp nerf especially the vengance build. Now if you really want to play a DH go ahead and level one up.

Lenaldo

Golden Knight of the Realm
I would wait until they done with the tunings. From what I read and watched DH may be getting a huge curb stomp nerf especially the vengance build. Now if you really want to play a DH go ahead and level one up.
Ya. Play what is fun. I leveled a firemage for legion cause they were OP in beta and after the first major patch they got dumpstered and never recovered

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Most likely playing monk and mage. Possibly DK...

Will need to go do whatever to get the legion class mounts I want first.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
2x more fails on Garrosh shoulders. I just don't have it in me to run it with my DK and Paladin too.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Just discovered that you can't use your 110 token on DH. Anybody else (including of course allied races), that's ok. But not DH.

(the only reason I wanted to raise the DH to 110 is that I got a legendary token for DH...)

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I don't think you could use them on DKs back in the day either, or am I remembering wrong?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
2x more fails on Garrosh shoulders. I just don't have it in me to run it with my DK and Paladin too.
I feel your pain man. I been farming Invincible on 7 toons every week for the longest and it still no luck. Also trying to get a set of war glaives for the transmog with 4 toons and haven't got a set yet. Each character has at least 1 glaive. Wish they were Boa and I would be done with that farm.

I don't understand streamers like Amongold and Anniefushae(sp?) constantly farm content every damn day. They're both at like 96 or 97% items collected. That is nuts. At some point of constant failures of non drops I would just cave in and say fuck it.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just discovered that you can't use your 110 token on DH. Anybody else (including of course allied races), that's ok. But not DH.

(the only reason I wanted to raise the DH to 110 is that I got a legendary token for DH...)

They probably just changed 100 to 110 in the code for the boosts, and since DHs start at 100, they were never in the code.

If you just log on to catch the invasions over the corse of a week or two, you can do 100 - 110 with heirlooms in something like 1.5 hours /played. The DH intro, unfortunately, will take the same amount of time, though.

• 1Like

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Like others said server doesn't really matter unless you want to Mythic raid. Though higher pop servers are always easier to find decent guilds for even normal or heroic raiding.

Sadly at this point servers may not matter but faction really, really does. 88 of the top 100 guilds are horde right now and its a similar ratio all the way up. Since this has a trickle down effect you pretty much have to play horde if you take raiding seriously at any level and want some upward mobility between guilds. Heroic to low tier mythic and up guild hopping. Has the faction imbalance for raiding ever been this bad?

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
So do I have to unlock these extra races each or what?
The core 4, two on each side, are tied to reputation so far and a minor quest line. The future allied races will be handled similarly, such as Zandalari requiring exalted once the expac releases before you can race change or make a new character of said race.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Ah cool. I was just hoping I didn't have to 0-110 before race change or smth fucking stupid like that. This is fine.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
All allied races start at level 20 if you start a new character, and the only reason to manually level is for a unique tmog set.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
If you just log on to catch the invasions over the corse of a week or two, you can do 100 - 110 with heirlooms in something like 1.5 hours /played. The DH intro, unfortunately, will take the same amount of time, though.
Yep. Each invasion is about 1 level or better (depending on how many WQ have +XP rewards). The only reason I was trying to boost was to skip the whole class hall campaign stuff (I already did the intro, the DH has been sitting on its ass on Krasus Landing for a year and a half).

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Decided to level up the new Void Elf Priest rather than just use a token, and the levelling content is chock full of emo elves. This must be what it was like for BC era Horde. (Dranei were never really popular)

The more I think about BfA the more annoyed I become. Legion really upped the ante with the idea of player agency, that the player character was someone of immense importance in the world : head of a dedicated order that they built (or rebuilt) and a core part of the overall faction leadership for either faction.

BfA, on the other hand, starts out with you as sidekick to one of the Warcraft 3 legacy heroes and proceeds to go downhill from there. No sign of the Order, no sign of any sense of status or ability within the storyline. Just back to collecting bear asses and solving yet more Scooby Doo mysteries of what happened to island X.

Last edited:

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Sadly at this point servers may not matter but faction really, really does. 88 of the top 100 guilds are horde right now and its a similar ratio all the way up. Since this has a trickle down effect you pretty much have to play horde if you take raiding seriously at any level and want some upward mobility between guilds. Heroic to low tier mythic and up guild hopping. Has the faction imbalance for raiding ever been this bad?

Yea in vanilla it was Alliance or burst and horde had the short end of the stick. it'll swing back around eventually.

We had a guy who is a top 10 US player stay in our guild for a bit before moving to his new Alliance guild (he was RL friends with our GM). well about a week ago the guild spent its vault and paid for character swap from alli to horde for 3 characters per player. they swapped because of recruitment, they said it was too difficult to get good horde players to transfer sides. they also said that Horde had an easier time leveling in the expac and that there were *things* that made it advantageous to be horde side early on...not sure of the specifics. currently Troll/Orcs racials equate to a decently large dps increase but there is probably something else.

Is it just me or is something missing from this expac? prior to legion launch i was looking forward to Lego's (before we saw how shitty they are), Artifact weapons, World quests, Scaling dungeons (M+). with this expansion it feels like they just reskinned Legion and didn't add a lot of new content, I haven't done warfronts yet so i may be missing something? world pvp is crazy bad atm since fury war's and rogues can global you and if you turn on war mode you will generally always be getting ganked (it puts you on a shard with 50/50 horde/alli). its just weird for there not to be something crazy to look forward to in the expac. maybe preview a legendary like the ring or the cloaks thatll take all expac to get?

i would like to also see previews of raid tier azerite traits, the ones we've seen so far have ranged to meh to busted. the destro one that gave you a permanent 20% haste buff if the mob was over 80% hp was pretty god damn strong, even for leveling.

quick update on my warlock, made him 3 weeks ago and my legos are norgannons, portal pants, affli bracers, demo helm (bis for demo, but does nothing with expac), argus ring, class ring. i'm up to 962 and 5/11m. just need to grab another 1-2 legos, get my norgannons to 1000, and grab an acrid injector and should be good to go for my level-a-thon.

• 1Like