World of Warcraft: Current Year

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Paris is also GMT is it not?

Negative. It probably has more to do with the majority of Europe being in GMT +1.

gmt-time-zone-map-photo-europe-time-zone-map-current-local-time-in-global-time-zone-map-800-x-514-pixels.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Really? I woke up at 3am EST and logged right in and played until I went to work

Yea, if you get in make sure you stay in. But it was bad if you got unlucky and got kicked out. Not to mention all the stupid issues with the launcher app itself requiring you to clear cache among other things to even be able to get to the login page and queues that would get stuck. Legion launch was really bad. People were using anti-afk scripts to stay in.

Khane

I didn't play WoD at release so I have no idea but I heard stories about how bad it was because of the garrison creation bottleneck. Legion was not stable though. It was a buggy, awful mess.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
WoD launch was fine as long as you stayed far far away from your garrison. If you ever made the foolish mistake of hopping on a flight path day 1 that would go over the garrison, you got right fucked.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
WoD launch was so fucking terrible. I was already reeling from how little things made sense given the premise and then getting stuck in a phasing loop was torture.

In fact WoD itself was just a mistake. Had occasion to go back looking for an inscriptionist recipe today and the experience was such agony.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
WoD was terrible. It was bottlenecked so that thousamds of people were all trying to hail the same npc and it would take like 15 minutes for the quest to advance. I left and went to pandaria and started leveling off of pet battles before all the servers crashed a few hours later. What sucked is I had to go back and do the train ride quest line anyway

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
WoD sucked, but I thought Legion was ok at launch? Man, it is amazing how bad WoD does suck. There's a couple Tmog sets I want for my DK and Pally, but overall..its just horrific how badly I don't want to see that again. I think I played most of a year on it and NEVER saw some of the fucking dungeons until I came back a month before Legion. Its the only xpac I don't have exalted factions with everyone on at least one character. LFR is by and large boring in general, but none of WOD's environments were really great to see until maybe Hellfire. And don't even forget the fact that Shattrath should have been a raid or that they pretty much dropped content to work on Legion. Its probably happening the same way again.

Khane

First ~24 hours of Legion were smooth as butter. Then the world server shards started crashing and it all went to shit.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Legion was actually an insane anomaly, I've never seen an MMO run that smooth and that was at a launch. I actually didn't even experience any problems whatsoever for the first few days it was wild.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Legion was actually an insane anomaly, I've never seen an MMO run that smooth and that was at a launch. I actually didn't even experience any problems whatsoever for the first few days it was wild.

I think Legion was mostly stable across the board on launch. As someone said earlier. FAR better than WoD. Especially around the garrisons. Not only were servers just garbage (everyone piling outside of it cause "instance not available" when you try to go in it) but also the bottlenecks early on for building it. flagging trees and killing gronn etc for horde. There wasn't enough to work with.

Then I know there were people, particularly moonkins who were just doing the aoe starfire of theirs and tagging all the quest mobs, even if they didnt need them because of the experience being good.

But mostly it was just one bottleneck quest after another if the servers were stable that also sucked.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I totally forgot this launches on Monday. Working all day and got a work thing at night but have Tuesday off, hopefully it is stable and I can poopsock!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
I totally forgot this launches on Monday. Working all day and got a work thing at night but have Tuesday off, hopefully it is stable and I can poopsock!
Right there with you, traveling and flying home Monday cause I thought it launched Tuesday. Not getting back to house till like midnight.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
wasnt WoD a shitshow but legion relatively stable?

WOD was a shitshow becasue of everybody basically starting in the same garrison server. Thankfully there are three different leveling zones for each side and horde and alliance are totally separated to start with so should hopefully be smoother.