World of Warcraft: Current Year

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Both of my dps toons are 370 plus equipped even with the low level azerite. They will get 370s when the emissary comes around again.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Tides of Vengeance 8.1 Official Patch Notes

Some decent changes, especially in the quality-of-life stuff.

Pending summons now show on party/raid frames.

Cool. As a warlock this is nice.

You can now speak to Archmage Timear in Dalaran above the Broken Isles to access Legion Raid Finder solo or with a private group.

Yay, transmogs.

Dungeon from prior expansions will no longer appear when searching for Dungeon groups in the Premade Group Finder. For example, level 120 players will no longer see groups listed for Lower Blackrock Spire.

lol...this is partly to take a hit at the gold run sellers.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Mythic Keystones can no longer be deleted

RIP BfA M+, which is the only reason sub numbers haven't plummeted even worse.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
"We will rework Shadow Priest in 8.1 and fix it"

Patch 8.1:
- +5% damage

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Those Spriest changes are apparently a very big buff to its damage in spite of the overall damage reduction of 5%. That's what people are saying anyway. We shall see.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What I find interesting about this big patch is the lack of interest. Usually when they announced a patch like this on MMO-Champion, the replies would quickly become 10+ pages long. There were 21 replies to this change and maybe one was kind when I just checked. Blizzard really fucked up with this expansion and they appear to not really care.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Best comment:
I love how the front page has been constantly spammed with all this "new content" to make it seem like 8.1 has ridiculous amounts of useful things added to it.

Laedrun

Molten Core Raider
Ret pally meta moving away from slice n dice inquisition crap is nice. I made my pally in tbc for the sole purpose of getting away from my combat rogue's annoying buff management interface-play crap. crusader for ST and DP for multi is whee!

I'd like them to go ham on island expeditions with shit like dungeon expeditions. random dungeons fitting themes with randomly selected bosses and shit, have em scale up to 5 man group. maybe warfronts being a raid-ish version? the underlying tech introduced in bfa with islands and warfronts is good, they just need to do cool shit with it.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Ret pally meta moving away from slice n dice inquisition crap is nice. I made my pally in tbc for the sole purpose of getting away from my combat rogue's annoying buff management interface-play crap. crusader for ST and DP for multi is whee!

I'd like them to go ham on island expeditions with shit like dungeon expeditions. random dungeons fitting themes with randomly selected bosses and shit, have em scale up to 5 man group. maybe warfronts being a raid-ish version? the underlying tech introduced in bfa with islands and warfronts is good, they just need to do cool shit with it.
That shit kept me away from enjoying my rogue and feral Druid. I hated keeping inquisition up on my paladin too when they introduced that.

The idea of “keep this buff up to continue to do the minimum amount of damage you should be doing” is fucking stupid and was never fun.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Feral Druid was one of the worst feeling specs to play, especially when Bloodtalons was the best option. There was way too much to keep track of for mediocre DPS at best. Will be interesting to see if they are finally viable in PvE again because they have a lot of utility.

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
Just like for some or most people, BFA has just gotten stale for me and I really have been trying to like the expansion.

I got 4/8M and started working on mythic Fetid, when my guild just sort of fizzled out and I just don't feel compelled to want to find a new guild and actually finish out mythic Uldir, as I feel there is no point. None of the later fights even seem remotely engaging and I don't think it's even worth wanting to do mythic G'huun at this point.

I was even trying to grind out M+ ranks on raider.io as a supplement to mythic raiding, but the past couple week's affixes just made doing M+ feel shitty and I've only logged in once this week to do the +12 key I had. Now with the new PoE league out I don't even really see myself wanting to check out the 8.1 stuff right away.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I think for me it was Prot Warrior being shit for almost 2 xpacs now then seeing their so called rework we waited 8.1 for was a big fuck you.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Feral Druid was one of the worst feeling specs to play, especially when Bloodtalons was the best option. There was way too much to keep track of for mediocre DPS at best. Will be interesting to see if they are finally viable in PvE again because they have a lot of utility.

Ive tried, and tried to like that spec. Feral just seems like a really cool theme to me and I love the utility of the Druid class overall. But I just cant seem to enjoy how it plays in combat. At times the class has felt disjointed in its rotation, sort of how the Spriest feels right now. Or it was just overall weak unless you had specific Legendaries or Tier sets. Sometimes I wish when people say they enjoy a class, that they would just leave it the fk alone. The appeal to the class isnt always based on it being OP or not.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Whelp, looks like blizzards incentive to get alliance back in to warmode is offering heroic ilevel caches for killing 25 horde in the world.

edit: They also completely fucked the Azerite targeting. Ten weeks if you do a ten to get one piece lol. Fucking morons. Wont be as bad for people that push 15+ but you're still looking at eight weeks.

Last edited: