World of Warcraft: Current Year

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
I finally figure out what I hate about ret. it's inquisition. Managing that buff is annoying as fuck.

I'm at 90 on lock finally and my dps is awful. At 430-450 ilvl I'm squeaking out 30-35k. I imagine I'm doing something wrong but can't put my finger on it yet. Playing affliction and destro.
NeedToKnow is nice, I just have it track inquisition and set it just above my hotbars/under my cast bar. A lot less of a pain in the ass like that.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Damn. Nice change. I may still put power auras on to track it. Had clcinfo installed but it feels like cheating particularly when my only issue is keeping up with inq. Some is from playing a paladin for the first time in months too.

Well, maybe I don't suck as bad as I thought. I was expecting 60k out the gate. I usually tank or pvp on my DK so never had a great appreciation for the scaling of classes this xpac. Seems like some serious mudflation this xpac.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Damn. Nice change. I may still put power auras on to track it. Had clcinfo installed but it feels like cheating particularly when my only issue is keeping up with inq. Some is from playing a paladin for the first time in months too.
Yeah, I hated CLC, takes all the fun out of it.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I hated CLC, takes all the fun out of it.
To each their own. You still have to make judgment calls (no pun intended) on the best time to use skills with CLC. Ya, it's OP as shit for never letting you forget to refresh inquisition, but if you just blindly follow what it says to do next you're not going to be at your max potential, just better than everyone in your LFR raid.

For example, I leveled a windwalker monk using RAF and had no clue how to play a brewmaster by the time I was 90. I used CLC and got my shit pushed in. When I actually took a minute to read the skills it was telling me to use and looked at the rotation, I became an unkillable kiting machine and really enjoyed it.

But it's cool. I know a lot of people feel like they're [literally] just playing whack-a-mole with CLC, but I enjoy it. It helps me get back up to speed quickly since I swap between 4-5 level 90s.

Caeden

You know, to be honest, if I had written CLC myself, I'd use it but because I DL'd it and just slapped it on, I couldn't live with it. Last 45s relevant.

heyholetsgo_sl

shitlord
Hey guys. Just jumped back into WoW, my main just hit lvl 90, a priest. Was looking around and couldnt really find any concrete answers of which is the fastest, most efficient way to get into LFR from a fresh lvl 90 char wearing all quest reward gear? My ilvl is still too low(428) to join heroics.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Buy crafted dreadful set, do world bosses, worse comes to worse get honor PVP gear.

the dreadful set will get you in to heroics.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also Lorewalker Cho has a long chain that will get you 502ilvl boots and opens the collect quests in the barrens which if farmed can get you raid ready in a day.

OneofOne

Don't overlook Scenarios which are almost guaranteed to give you a 463 item each time. That stuff plus random rares you pick up (like mentioned above) should see you raiding pretty quick. You could even (still can? no idea) get epics in Scenarios, forget ilvl.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Also Lorewalker Cho has a long chain that will get you 502ilvl boots and opens the collect quests in the barrens which if farmed can get you raid ready in a day.
It's a weekly quest though, so you get 1 armour piece per week. Still good enough if you sit around in some quest blues and a handful of faction / tailoring epics.

I'm really having a hard time getting the points to buy the faction gear though. I don't raid, don't do instances, and 5 points per daily quest just takes forever.
Maybe I should start grouping...
Doesn't help that my guild has 1-4 people (including me!) online most of the time. Not ready to join a different guild, I've known these guys since EQ times, circa 2002.

Meh.

Rime

<Donor>
Getting the Radical Mojo to make the barrens armor also rewards you a flat 200 Valor Points, which is not too shabby.

Cybsled

It's a weekly quest though, so you get 1 armour piece per week. Still good enough if you sit around in some quest blues and a handful of faction / tailoring epics.

I'm really having a hard time getting the points to buy the faction gear though. I don't raid, don't do instances, and 5 points per daily quest just takes forever.
Maybe I should start grouping...
Doesn't help that my guild has 1-4 people (including me!) online most of the time. Not ready to join a different guild, I've known these guys since EQ times, circa 2002.

Meh.
You will have a very hard time of things if your sole source of valor is dailies. The barrens weekly gives you 200, as pointed out above (bonus: the NPCs in Barrens have a small chance to drop a 26 slot bag), although that's far from efficient considering all the resources you need to get. Scenarios aren't a bad way to get valor if you don't want to do a regular dungeon run or raid. Unless you are doing a heroic scenario (which gives out a boatload of valor), you usually don't even need a tank or healer and the queues tend to be rather short.

Caeden

I'd rather grind heroics for JP and valor any day than do dailies. Not to mention 463 gear can get you into lfr faster.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
I'd rather grind heroics for JP and valor any day than do dailies. Not to mention 463 gear can get you into lfr faster.
Agree. Finally installed my copy of MoP this last week. Was ready for heroics at just into lvl 88 from queing for random regular dungeons and ready for raiding within a day of hitting 90 from random heroics. Dungeon runs now are like 5-10 minutes. Was ready for LFR at 90 4 days after starting MoP and I wasn't playing hardcore.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Relevant?

rrr_img_32097.jpg

Caeden

That one and the one what the pally dude there switched from healing to tanking recently nearly made me /wrists. I'm glad I give zero fucks now. I was a fucking "sit in the corner after raids and rock" rager. I'd whisper the names of asshats that wiped us and wish for release. Then I realize its just a game. Fucking Type A personality will eat you alive in an mmo.